FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on January 14, 2018, 03:58:11 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 14, 2018, 03:53:47 PM
Ros 0-14 Mayo 0-11 FT.

We missed a penalty with the last kick of the game too. When Ian Kilbride got sent off for a non-yellow second yellow card we spent the final 32 minutes with 14 men but played all our best football in that stretch too. Not even giving up a single goal chance was the thing that impressed me most.  A repeat of that in two weeks time will leave us in a good place when the Trimmers come to town.

Not too ugly for an experimental Mayo team though.

It was probably the least experimental lineup Mayo will play in the league in fairness. They did well enough in the first half with Diarmuid O'Connor and Boyle the best to my eyes.

larryin89

1. Rob Hennelly - Breaffy. (Wont play)
2. Eoin O'Donoghue - Belmullet(unlikely to play)
3. Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites(wont play)
4. Caolan Crowe - Garrymore(wont play)
5. Colm Boyle - Davitts(player)
6. Paddy Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels(Captain)(player)
7. James Stretton - Claremorris(wont play)
8. Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore(part player)
9. Danny Kirby - Castlebar Mitchels(wont play)
10. Fionn McDonagh - Westport(unlikey to play))
11. Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber(player )
12. Conor O'Shea - Breaffy(unlikey to play )
13. Neil Douglas - Castlebar Mitchels(unlikey to play)
14. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole(player)
15. Ciaran Treacy - Ballina Stephenites(unlikely to play)

(Championship )

Least experimental in what context?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

You really wasted your time there.

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on January 14, 2018, 05:00:20 PM
1. Rob Hennelly - Breaffy. (Wont play)
2. Eoin O'Donoghue - Belmullet(unlikely to play)
3. Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites(wont play)
4. Caolan Crowe - Garrymore(wont play)
5. Colm Boyle - Davitts(player)
6. Paddy Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels(Captain)(player)
7. James Stretton - Claremorris(wont play)
8. Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore(part player)
9. Danny Kirby - Castlebar Mitchels(wont play)
10. Fionn McDonagh - Westport(unlikey to play))
11. Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber(player )
12. Conor O'Shea - Breaffy(unlikey to play )
13. Neil Douglas - Castlebar Mitchels(unlikey to play)
14. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole(player)
15. Ciaran Treacy - Ballina Stephenites(unlikely to play)

(Championship )

Least experimental in what context?

I presume in the context of the FBD. Our other two games involved very few Championship starters or squad players.

larryin89

4 probable today , likely to be more involved  the next day.v sligo was my point .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

First victory for 2018 over the Rhubarbs achieved today.
Let's hope for 1 more in the Connacht Final and the AI semi final😊.
Poor game enough but heavy rain before ht and it's January.
We still have major problems with full back midfield kick outs and handball.
We have a good big panel together which is an advance on last tear so some cutting headaches or our cool clean hero as he cuts down to 30 or 32 for the NFL.
Davy Murray my man if the match while Kilroy was equally busy.
Enda Smith in the second half played well too.
The sending off galvanised us as we got rightly into the game after it. Did we outscore them 6-1 after it?
A few noble traditions maintained today
1-Murtaghs our leading scorers with one effort from D. Out of the topmost drawer.
2- some shocking Rhubarb wides
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

That was Roscommons 4th win in 5 years in January against Mayo and would have been 5 wins in a row but for a smash and grab win for Mayo thanks to sub Andy Moran. Roscommon normally have a good league after beating Mayo in the Connacht league it will be interesting to see will history repeat itself this year.

Mayo even without the injured S O Shea,C Barrett,L Keegan,D Vaughan should have the panel strength in depth to try and challenge for the league title but for some it seems just avoiding the drop will be seen as a success...

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on January 14, 2018, 06:17:14 PM
First victory for 2018 over the Rhubarbs achieved today.
Let's hope for 1 more in the Connacht Final and the AI semi final😊.
Poor game enough but heavy rain before ht and it's January.
We still have major problems with full back midfield kick outs and handball.
We have a good big panel together which is an advance on last tear so some cutting headaches or our cool clean hero as he cuts down to 30 or 32 for the NFL.
Davy Murray my man if the match while Kilroy was equally busy.
Enda Smith in the second half played well too.
The sending off galvanised us as we got rightly into the game after it. Did we outscore them 6-1 after it?
A few noble traditions maintained today
1-Murtaghs our leading scorers with one effort from D. Out of the topmost drawer.
2- some shocking Rhubarb wides

You could argue two of our full back line were our best players on the day. Not a single goal opportunity given up. Midfield less of an issue with TOR, Compton and Fitz still to return too.

Lar Naparka

Damn the Hyde, it's always seem to piss rain any time I go there. :D
Just back and still frozen stiff. TBH, the pitch was in better shape than I had anticipated.  Nowhere near as bad as McHale Park the othe rnight.
Dunno if either side learned much from what went on today. You'd wondwr if playing competitive games at this time of year, given the state of the pitches, is a good idea.
Personally, I don't think it is. There was no serious injuries today but with players slipping and sliding all over the place, there could easily have been.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Tubberman

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 14, 2018, 09:43:35 PM
Just back and still frozen stiff. TBH, the pitch was in better shape than I had anticipated.  Nowhere near as bad as McHale Park the othe rnight.
Dunno if either side learned much from what went on today. You'd wondwr if playing competitive games at this time of year, given the state of the pitches, is a good idea.
Personally, I don't think it is. There was no serious injuries today but with players slipping and sliding all over the place, there could easily have been.

The Rossies just spent 700k replacing the swamp, so it would want to have been in good nick!
Tbf, from pics I saw (wasn't at it) the pitch looked excellent
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 14, 2018, 09:43:35 PM

A bog would have been in better shape than McHale was, Lar. All the jokes about the Hyde distracted from the fact McHale's pitch has been let get into a brutal state. The pitch cost less than 300k (it would have been less had there been time to let it be reseeded rather than delivered in rolls) by the way Tubber, pretty much entirely paid by HQ as they well should.

Teams would be playing challenge matches the same weekends or weekendays as these games anyways so let's not pretend scraping it would help with layer safety at all.

Also my padded Club Rossie jacket from last year kept me very cozy this afternoon, you should invest in membership for 2018 :-*

Rossfan

Lar - match over c 3.35.
You didn't get home till 9.43??
Had you th'oul small tractor out?😀😁
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Rhubarb tends to be dormant  in the winter. It can be pulled (and dragged) from May to August. But not September, apparently.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Maroon Manc

Plenty of people seem to have been very impressed with Cunningham although its hard to imagine him turning down a contract with Cork City.

What have the Galway lads thought of Mulkerrins? I'd have thought it would be a year too soon for him to be on the panel given he was a minor last year.

Has anyone else impressed so far?