Tyrone v Monaghan the battle for Ulster’s heart aisf 2018

Started by rrhf, August 05, 2018, 06:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone08

Quote from: rosnarun on August 08, 2018, 02:13:34 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 08, 2018, 12:59:00 PM
Quote from: Unlaoised on August 08, 2018, 11:25:11 AM
I think on a normal year I'd be going for tyrone to put monaghan in their place again in croker but this year there is something different about this Monaghan team.

Id say every neutral will be rooting for Monaghan Tyrone and their antics are hard to stomach.

Although both teams play defensive Monaghan tend to kick pass a lot more which is a little easier on the eye.

When people talk about Tyrone's antics and their defensive football it is a clear sign they haven't a clue. Please name one team in the top 6 that have not been involved in some type of cynical play? Tyrone, Dublin, Monaghan, Kerry, Mayo etc all have been at it. Saying Tyrone are worse than other teams really is laughable.

In the last 8 matches Tyrone have averaged 23 points a game. If this is defensive football then I hope it continues for a very long time. There is an article in Tyrone Life today which says that Tyrone are now the 2nd highest scores in All Ireland SFC. 8 games with a total of 182 points only Mayo in 2017 topped them (215 points in 10 games).

Please use facts and examples rather than the usual nonsense that RTE spout.

when people defend tyrone antics its clear they are from tyrone

I am not defending Tyrone I am simply stating facts such as the 2nd highest all times scores. Perhaps if you stated some facts as well it may help your case but I doubt you will.

redhandefender

I think on a normal year I'd be going for tyrone to put monaghan in their place again in croker but this year there is something different about this Monaghan team.

Id say every neutral will be rooting for Monaghan Tyrone and their antics are hard to stomach.

Although both teams play defensive Monaghan tend to kick pass a lot more which is a little easier on the eye.

When people talk about Tyrone's antics and their defensive football it is a clear sign they haven't a clue. Please name one team in the top 6 that have not been involved in some type of cynical play? Tyrone, Dublin, Monaghan, Kerry, Mayo etc all have been at it. Saying Tyrone are worse than other teams really is laughable.

In the last 8 matches Tyrone have averaged 23 points a game. If this is defensive football then I hope it continues for a very long time. There is an article in Tyrone Life today which says that Tyrone are now the 2nd highest scores in All Ireland SFC. 8 games with a total of 182 points only Mayo in 2017 topped them (215 points in 10 games).

Dry your eyes ye clown! "Tyrone Antics" you sound like a Jacob Rees Mogg! Enjoy watching the big boys at the weekend, by rights you should be second tier after this year.

Your fans were always second tier

Jayop

When people think Tyrone are any worse than any of the other counties trying to win top honours it's clear they spend too much time listening to gobshites on RTE and not enough time actually watching football with a critical eye.

WT4E

I take it Tyrone would be the first team to win an All Ireland having been beat twice in one season?..... IF they do it.

sekibanki

Quote from: WT4E on August 08, 2018, 04:40:39 PM
I take it Tyrone would be the first team to win an All Ireland having been beat twice in one season?..... IF they do it.
They'd have to beat both of the teams who previously beat them, too, which would be quite something...

ONeill

We're building a bit of a habit of semi-final defeats. 4 in a row now since beating Wexford in 2008?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2018, 05:12:17 PM
We're building a bit of a habit of semi-final defeats. 4 in a row now since beating Wexford in 2008?

Aye, bunch of chokers ;)

RedHand88

I wouldn't worry. Monaghan have lost their last 6!

omaghjoe

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 08, 2018, 06:09:34 PM

Its only their last 4 actually, we are all evens in that department!

RedHand88

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 08, 2018, 06:40:25 PM

I thought 1930 was their last final?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omaghjoe

Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2018, 06:52:46 PM
Did O'Rourke play under Mickey at Errigal?

Probably, but I think he may have played with him too. Some of the Ballygawley men could confirm

omaghjoe

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 08, 2018, 06:41:25 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 08, 2018, 06:40:25 PM

I thought 1930 was their last final?

Didnt make the semis for their last two Ulster wins ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Monaghan's bench can't score, and our bench can't stop scoring -- that'll be the difference right there come Sunday. :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...