Red/Green Deisel

Started by ck, April 10, 2015, 08:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

To those who hope I get caught, fair nuff. I accept I'm breaking the law but for me I justify it to myself to simply keep in the black and make ends meet. My business is barely surviving and has struggled badly through the recession.
All I am trying to do here is try to equip myself with the best knowledge I can so I know.. I rarely fill on green, just the odd occasion. That doesnt make it right but it helps my line of work survive.

Anyone know if garages pass on details to customs? 

armaghniac

Quote from: ck on April 12, 2015, 06:58:48 PM
I rarely fill on green, just the odd occasion. That doesnt make it right but it helps my line of work survive.

Sure you might as well fill every time, if you are dipped and the marker is found you are kiboshed anyway.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

StGallsGAA

More than half of the north's independent stations have been caught selling illegal fuel so I doubt they'll be squealing to the HMRC about u!

Bazil Douglas

Quote from: ck on April 12, 2015, 06:58:48 PM
To those who hope I get caught, fair nuff. I accept I'm breaking the law but for me I justify it to myself to simply keep in the black and make ends meet. My business is barely surviving and has struggled badly through the recession.
All I am trying to do here is try to equip myself with the best knowledge I can so I know.. I rarely fill on green, just the odd occasion. That doesnt make it right but it helps my line of work survive.

Anyone know if garages pass on details to customs?

No they dont but if you purchase more than 100 litres they are legally bound to register your details for their RDCO records, so as long as you keep your purchase to less than 100 litres theirs no problem.And always use a jar.In the north the fine is £500 or£1000 for commercial, customs can request up to 7 years vat returns depending on your trade or business, if they think it feisable they can estimate your usage or conduct a forsenic audit.They will usually give you the option to pay a mitigated penalty in either case it could leave you financially f**ked.If your a gambling man go for it, sure if those who run the country dont play by the rules why should you.

Gaffer

What's the story with buying a few jerry cans of clear diesel in the south and taking it up north. Is this legal or or you in bother if stopped?

I remember Emyvale petrol station doing a roaring trade with northerners and their 3 jerry cans in the boot.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

charlieTully

Quote from: Itchy on April 11, 2015, 09:57:59 PM
Great moral guardians of the north. Is it ok to not pay taxes, fraudulently draw dole and work, put in eroneus false claims etc . I mean the suckers that pay all these will cover you. If I knew who ye were I'd dob you in bunch of skiving c***ts.

If you lived here back in the day you would have no kneecaps you touting ****. Then again your probably just joking like myself.

gallsman

Quote from: charlieTully on April 12, 2015, 10:36:35 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 11, 2015, 09:57:59 PM
Great moral guardians of the north. Is it ok to not pay taxes, fraudulently draw dole and work, put in eroneus false claims etc . I mean the suckers that pay all these will cover you. If I knew who ye were I'd dob you in bunch of skiving c***ts.

If you lived here back in the day you would have no kneecaps you touting ****. Then again your probably just joking like myself.

You make it sound like that's something we should be aspiring to?

general_lee

Slightly unrelated but can't be arsed starting a new thread.

What is the deal with driving in south and vice versa; if you commit a driving offence in one jurisdiction but are born rared and living in the other; do you/can you get away with it?

I ask because I read something recently where a guy from Cork got stopped for using his phone while driving in the north. He showed up to court and the judge said he could go free as he had no obligation to be there and the PPS pursuing him would be in breach of international law??? The guy actually refused this offer and made the judge give him the fine and points!

Brick Tamlin

Some of this stuff is beggars belief.
By same token I f I were gettin her tight too and my business wasn't going the best, I could just maybe turn to petty theft or a bit of drug dealing on the side so I can make ends meet.
There could be a multitude or reasons for people and their businesses struggling through the recession and some of it could be self-inflicted.

Laws are made for citizens to abide by. Whether you agree with them or not is irrelevant. If you have an issue with governments and the laws passed then why not get into politics or be more active to initiate change through a civilised and lawful means rather than just danderin out and breakin whatever laws you see fit to.

As for the knee-capping and touts comment. Sad.

Hardy

Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 12, 2015, 07:40:23 PM
More than half of the north's independent stations have been caught selling illegal fuel so I doubt they'll be squealing to the HMRC about u!

Holy moly! Is that true?

Quote from: Bazil Douglas on April 12, 2015, 09:23:22 PM
And always use a jar.

This stuff is intriguing. What's that about?

charlieTully

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 13, 2015, 10:31:05 AM
By same token I f I were gettin her tight too and my business wasn't going the best, I could just maybe turn to petty theft or a bit of drug dealing on the side so I can make ends meet.
There could be a multitude or reasons for people and their businesses struggling through the recession and some of it could be self-inflicted.

Laws are made for citizens to abide by. Whether you agree with them or not is irrelevant. If you have an issue with governments and the laws passed then why not get into politics or be more active to initiate change through a civilised and lawful means rather than just danderin out and breakin whatever laws you see fit to.

wise up you sad dick, you must be the only person in county down who drives on white diesel.

Brick Tamlin

muppet

Quote from: general_lee on April 13, 2015, 10:18:31 AM
Slightly unrelated but can't be arsed starting a new thread.

What is the deal with driving in south and vice versa; if you commit a driving offence in one jurisdiction but are born rared and living in the other; do you/can you get away with it?

I ask because I read something recently where a guy from Cork got stopped for using his phone while driving in the north. He showed up to court and the judge said he could go free as he had no obligation to be there and the PPS pursuing him would be in breach of international law??? The guy actually refused this offer and made the judge give him the fine and points!

Rebels me hole.
MWWSI 2017

ck

So does anyone know the policy on customs/dippers? I've seen them in action at cattle marts around Cavan and Monaghan. Whats the policy in the north? Random spot checks or are they more targetted?

trueblue1234

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 13, 2015, 10:31:05 AM

I'd be interested to know if you ever drive over 70 on a motorway? If the answer's no, then fair play. However, if you've crept above the 70 miles per hour zone then there's a certain level of hypocrisy to this. And given the high numbers that I witness above the 70 MPH mark, if you didn't break that speed limit you'd be in a minority. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit