Red/Green Deisel

Started by ck, April 10, 2015, 08:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on April 18, 2015, 06:23:58 PM
If they were at it, they probably wouldn't be bragging about it on the internet.

;D ;D ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

bridgegael

i couldnt give a shite what colour the diesel is, i just go for the cheapest.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

andoireabu

Quote from: Itchy on April 18, 2015, 02:15:53 PM
If you need to cheat and avoid tax to keep your business afloat then your business is not viable. Should the rest of us who do pay tax therefore subsidise your business by paying for the shortfall in tax. You boys in the north can't even grasp that basic concept can you?
I'm sure like many people north and south when he started his business it was viable, otherwise what would be the point?  Sh1t happens though and things change and then you adapt or go under. If part of that means running different diesel then fair enough.  I would guess the money the gov lose from ck running green is less than if he bled the benefit system for all it was worth. Yet you call him a scrounger. And I'm not in the north before you judge what i can grasp.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

ardtole

If you need to cheat and avoid tax to keep your business afloat then your business is not viable. Should the rest of us who do pay tax therefore subsidise your business by paying for the shortfall in tax. You boys in the north can't even grasp that basic concept can you?

Thats is the most stupid arguement I have heard in a while. The biggest oil companies in the world are corrupt beyond belief. Every multi national company is looking for an edge on taxation, working with the banks, governments etc to pay as little tax as possible, claim grants etc. They are big employers granted, but dont tell me they do not know how to pull a few strokes to stay ahead. In business its cut throat, you do what you can to stay ahead, have an edge, businessmen north and south know this.

Itchy

Tell me, who pays the tax revenue that is not collected from the illegal fuel then. Its an easy question, I'm sure yis can figure it out.

2nd question, would you be happy if every business man in Ireland used illegal fuel and revenue coffers were way down. I presume all paye workers out there would have no problem paying an extra 1% on their tax to make up the difference?

Time to engage your brains lads.

muppet

Quote from: Itchy on April 19, 2015, 08:29:22 AM
Tell me, who pays the tax revenue that is not collected from the illegal fuel then. Its an easy question, I'm sure yis can figure it out.

2nd question, would you be happy if every business man in Ireland used illegal fuel and revenue coffers were way down. I presume all paye workers out there would have no problem paying an extra 1% on their tax to make up the difference?

What about all the legitimate businesses who are being shafted by the producers of illegal fuels?
MWWSI 2017

Itchy

Quote from: muppet on April 19, 2015, 08:41:58 AM
Quote from: Itchy on April 19, 2015, 08:29:22 AM

What about all the legitimate businesses who are being shafted by the producers of illegal fuels?

Well that's true in the case of washed diesel. There are two issues here. There is people like the guy who started this thread who are going to the pumps and intentionally putting red diesel which has lower duty as it is meant for agricultural use only. Then you have the petrol pump owners who are buying illegal green diesel from border gangsters. These gangsters are buying red diesel and washing out the red dye, dumping sludge around the country side and I'm sure none of their employees pay tax, prsi or anthing.

I also recall a problem where fuel distributors in the north were buying fuel off boats in Dublin at a much cheaper price and illegally bringing it over the border for sale without paying duty. Good old style smuggling.

Its all grand except the cost of all this comes out of the pocket of the honest man.

Nigel White

Indeed it does. You wouldn't see legitimate businesses like Google, Starbucks etc.etc. running on red diesel

redzone

sure werent starbucks on the news a few yrs back for hardly paying any tax in the uk.lol

gallsman

Quote from: redzone on April 19, 2015, 11:55:31 AM
sure werent starbucks on the news a few yrs back for hardly paying any tax in the uk.lol

Nigel White

Thanks for explaining it to him

muppet

Yes, because being on the news means you are guilty of a crime.
MWWSI 2017

Bazil Douglas

Aye, but tax avoidance is legal, tax evasion is illegal, avoid millions your in business,
evade hundreds your a criminal, thats the law.

ck

Quote from: Itchy on April 18, 2015, 05:32:06 PM
Quote from: GJL on April 18, 2015, 05:18:08 PM

Do people in the south not use farm diesel illegally on the road?

A very very small proportion I would say.

What would you base that on Mr.Partitionist? I've read your posts and your pompus arrogance knows no bounds.
BTW I'm from the south and I can tell you that my local green pump does a serious trade... but then again you probably know better

Itchy

Quote from: ck on April 19, 2015, 10:22:38 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 18, 2015, 05:32:06 PM
Quote from: GJL on April 18, 2015, 05:18:08 PM

Do people in the south not use farm diesel illegally on the road?

A very very small proportion I would say.

What would you base that on Mr.Partitionist? I've read your posts and your pompus arrogance knows no bounds.
BTW I'm from the south and I can tell you that my local green pump does a serious trade... but then again you probably know better

Why don't you answer the two questions I posted since the other chicken shit scroungers won't.