Westminster Election 12th December 2019

Started by Ambrose, October 29, 2019, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Franko on November 29, 2019, 09:20:30 AM
Quote from: gallsman on November 28, 2019, 06:52:19 PM
Quote from: Franko on November 28, 2019, 06:26:12 PM
And that definition basically says you can't criticise it without being racist.

Jesus Christ, no it doesn't. It states that Jewish community institutions (Israel in your example) can be victims/targets of antisemitism.

It says nothing about criticising Israel being anti-Semitic.

This is one of the "guidelines" for interpretation of this definition, which the IHRA publish along with their definition.  To do the below is racist.

Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis.

Netanyahu could literally start to gas civilians and anyone who compared it to the Nazis would be a racist.  It's absolute carte blanche nonsense.
The point of it is to be vague enough that criticism of Israel can be classed as antisemitic.
Zionists love whataboutery. As long as something worse than blowing up families is going on elsewhere it makes Israel blowing up families ok. 

Israel is losing support across Europe and this is the response.

five points

Quote from: seafoid on November 29, 2019, 11:24:32 AM
Quote from: Franko on November 29, 2019, 09:20:30 AM
Quote from: gallsman on November 28, 2019, 06:52:19 PM
Quote from: Franko on November 28, 2019, 06:26:12 PM
And that definition basically says you can't criticise it without being racist.

Jesus Christ, no it doesn't. It states that Jewish community institutions (Israel in your example) can be victims/targets of antisemitism.

It says nothing about criticising Israel being anti-Semitic.

This is one of the "guidelines" for interpretation of this definition, which the IHRA publish along with their definition.  To do the below is racist.

Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis.

Netanyahu could literally start to gas civilians and anyone who compared it to the Nazis would be a racist.  It's absolute carte blanche nonsense.
The point of it is to be vague enough that criticism of Israel can be classed as antisemitic.
Zionists love whataboutery. As long as something worse than blowing up families is going on elsewhere it makes Israel blowing up families ok. 

Israel is losing support across Europe and this is the response.

"Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis" is not at all vague, but very specific.  No other modern State gets routinely compared to and conflated with the Nazis.

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on November 29, 2019, 11:23:54 AM
BBC have refused Johnson for the Andrew Marr show they say it has to be Neil!!
https://www.ft.com/content/9b8d7468-11e8-11ea-a7e6-62bf4f9e548a
"Tory campaigners are weighing up the risk of Mr Johnson participating in an interview with Mr Neil against the danger of the prime minister being portrayed as a coward."

Franko

Quote from: five points on November 29, 2019, 11:11:35 AM
Quote from: Franko on November 29, 2019, 11:05:06 AM
On what planet would it be ridiculous to compare a government which gassed civilians to a government which gassed civilians?

On any one that equates Saddam Hussein and Adolf Hitler.

Netanyahu has shot plenty of civilians and hasn't managed to get turfed out yet.

Lots of world leaders have done the same yet Israel always gets singled out.

Who's doing that?  The guideline doesn't mention the leaders.  It mentions policy.  And if one has a policy of gassing civilians and so does the other, they are entitled to be compared.

And singled out?  You couldn't have put it any better.
If other nations behaved the way Israel did, they'd be bombed into oblivion.  Singled out indeed.

five points

Quote from: Franko on November 29, 2019, 11:39:50 AM
If other nations behaved the way Israel did, they'd be bombed into oblivion.  Singled out indeed.

One word: China.

five points

Who's doing that?  The guideline doesn't mention the leaders.  It mentions policy.  And if one has a policy of gassing civilians and so does the other, they are entitled to be compared.

If you think Hitler was no worse than Saddam Hussein, I can't help you.

Franko

Quote from: five points on November 29, 2019, 11:44:15 AM

If you have to resort to straw men, you're a beaten docket.

Franko

Quote from: five points on November 29, 2019, 11:42:56 AM

Racist!

five points

Quote from: Franko on November 29, 2019, 11:48:48 AM

Racist!
If you want to call me racist for daring to mention China locking up a million or more Muslims in camps, fire away.

five points

Quote from: Franko on November 29, 2019, 11:48:26 AM

The straw man is yours 
Quote from: Frankoif one has a policy of gassing civilians and so does the other, they are entitled to be compared.

Franko

Quote from: five points on November 29, 2019, 11:55:18 AM
Quote from: Franko on November 29, 2019, 11:48:26 AM

The straw man is yours 
Quote from: Frankoif one has a policy of gassing civilians and so does the other, they are entitled to be compared.

;D

And the cherry on top... you show us all that you don't even understand the concept.

Franko

Quote from: five points on November 29, 2019, 11:53:42 AM
Quote from: Franko on November 29, 2019, 11:48:48 AM

Racist!
If you want to call me racist for daring to mention China locking up a million or more Muslims in camps, fire away.

Sauce for the goose and all that...

magpie seanie

Quote from: Kidder81 on November 28, 2019, 03:04:30 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 28, 2019, 02:33:15 PM
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/writingfromtheedge/2019/11/as-a-british-jew-im-not-fearful-of-a-corbyn-government-but-im-horrified-at-how-antisemitism-is-being-used-against-him/

Gallsman and others who buy into this rubbish - have a read of this. It explains in great detail what the factual position is - very hard to contest any of it. The anti-semitism reported (and dealt with might I add) in the Labour party is below that of regular society. It's all a political strategy and it's quite vile and disgusting and undermines combating real anti-semitism.

Trawling the internet to clutch a straw to back up your position  8)

You would be here all day posting links with the opposite viewpoint from Jews

And you are holding someone that wants to be PM to the same standard as "regular society", have heard it all.

As it happens I didn't "trawl the internet" - it was something I saw pretty soon after reading the posts on here. Read the article and tell me what's incorrect in it as it's a far better verbalisation of my own feeling on the matter than I could muster myself.

As for this leap -
QuoteAnd you are holding someone that wants to be PM to the same standard as "regular society", have heard it all.
- my point was that Labour, according the the statistics, has less incidents of anti-semitism than you'd get in normal society. One case is obviously too many but it makes the point that it's hardly a massive "Labour only" issue when it's less of an issue than in the population as a whole.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Kidder81 on November 28, 2019, 05:20:36 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 28, 2019, 05:19:17 PM
Rather than frantically googling global research.ca articles, why don't you just refer to the IHRA definition and its accompanying examples directly? They're all very easily accessed and, as you've obviously studied them closely, would understand that they take about 30 seconds to read.

All you are able to do is, continuously, repost (incorrect) opinion pieces. You are a liar.

And seems to have Magpie Seanie as a willing apprentice

What are you on about?

johnnycool

Quote from: screenexile on November 29, 2019, 11:23:54 AM
BBC have refused Johnson for the Andrew Marr show they say it has to be Neil!!

A step in the right direction.

They should refuse all Tory's airtime till Boris agrees a date/time immediately.