Beer....

Started by 5 Sams, November 21, 2008, 09:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ludermor on June 02, 2009, 05:49:58 PM
Was down in Kilkenny at teh wekeend and the amount of people drinking Bulmers Pear was unreal, couldnt see the value in it myself, grand if your not drinking but couldnt do a session on it
What is the best session drink? A mate says he drank vodka and tonic all day at a wedding last week and woke up pretty much unscathed the next day. I've tried to convince myself that pints of Magners with loads of ice is the way forward as the ice negates the dehydration from the cider!

na cleirigh

I have tried beers in the past but I just cannot get a taste for any of them have tried:
Bud
Carlsberg
Coors
Harp

Have also tried ciders in magners etc but still nothing I like. Any other beers that anyone would reccommend.
If you have nothing nice to type, type it anyway but be prepared for the on slaught

5 Sams

Quote from: na cleirigh on August 21, 2009, 02:04:15 PM
I have tried beers in the past but I just cannot get a taste for any of them have tried:
Bud
Carlsberg
Coors
Harp

Have also tried ciders in magners etc but still nothing I like. Any other beers that anyone would reccommend.

You cannot get a taste for them because they dont taste of anything.

try any of the following and you'll understand....

Warsteiner
Erdinger
Peroni
Hooegarden
Budvar

in fact MOST German or Eastern European imports....

...and last but not least....have a go at this ye boy ye....

The Aristocrat Years

Fear ón Srath Bán

Bud
Carlsberg
Coors
Harp

Those would all be known as 'macros' na cleirigh, meaning that they're bulk produced, with all the destruction of character that that would imply. Those are all lagers, you might be better trying an ale or a German wheat beer.

Have a look at www.ratebeer.com. It's a good site for just about every beer there is, and you'll see that those four beers above are not exactly exalted on it.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

na cleirigh

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 21, 2009, 02:10:19 PM
Bud
Carlsberg
Coors
Harp

Warsteiner
Erdinger
Peroni
Hooegarden
Budvar

Looks far too thick for me... i'd wanta eat it with a spoon. Doesn't everyone on here hate pints of guinness?
If you have nothing nice to type, type it anyway but be prepared for the on slaught

Donnellys Hollow

I'm thirsty out already. TFI Friday!!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

full back

Should be in the over-rated thread.......................I think drinking pints of it makes you more Irish

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: na cleirigh on August 21, 2009, 02:13:11 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on August 21, 2009, 02:10:19 PM
Bud
Carlsberg
Coors
Harp

Warsteiner
Erdinger
Peroni
Hooegarden
Budvar

Looks far too thick for me... i'd wanta eat it with a spoon. Doesn't everyone on here hate pints of guinness?
I do.....don't like the drink either! :P
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

redhugh

getting into nice ales at the minute for the first time. Have been a stout drinker for years but at the minute funds are tight and I/ve been doing more drinking in the house.I'm enjoying old speckled hen lately.

Diet Coke

Quote from: redhugh on August 21, 2009, 03:30:22 PM
getting into nice ales at the minute for the first time. Have been a stout drinker for years but at the minute funds are tight and I/ve been doing more drinking in the house.I'm enjoying old speckled hen lately.

Bet she's delighted with your renewed interest  :D
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

stew

Guinness for me is unbeatable and would be my favourite beer, I live 5 minutes drive from the best pint of guinness you could ever get in the states however in Armagh for me the best pint is in the Harps club, sensational pint there, honourable mention for the golf club.

My second best ever beer would have to be Taj Majal from india, it is a great lager, crisp and clean and refreshing and tastes lovely.

Third, I am not a beer drinker and dont really have a third but I enjoy Magners Cider in the summer from time to time, I am a wino by trade however I never had buckfast in my life, putrid shite that.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Diet Coke

Guinness for me is unbeatable and would be my favourite beer, I live 5 minutes drive from the best pint of guinness you could ever get in the states however in Armagh for me the best pint is in the Harps club, sensational pint there, honourable mention for the golf club.

As Pat Molloy would say CIO....correct in one. Harps is best stout I've drank anywhere for a long time.
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

rrhf

Im just learning my guinness, never drank it till 2 weeks ago and now love the stuff, cant get enough  of it.  Any tips?

cavan4ever

Quote from: rrhf on August 21, 2009, 04:03:51 PM
Im just learning my guinness, never drank it till 2 weeks ago and now love the stuff, cant get enough  of it.  Any tips?

Drink it in two or 3 mouthfuls !

redhugh

Quote from: Diet Coke on August 21, 2009, 03:33:49 PM
Quote from: redhugh on August 21, 2009, 03:30:22 PM

Bet she's delighted with your renewed interest  :D

She's delighted all right - but the wife is complaining that the clucking is keeping her awake .