Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 09, 2018, 08:31:49 AM
Quote from: illdecide on November 08, 2018, 11:32:05 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 08, 2018, 10:01:18 PM
He has some neck on him for a purported Celtic supporter.

Jasus Tony you're as bad as the journalists...sure its prob celtic's fault ::)
What are you talking about? I mean if he is such a big Celtic supporter he should know that the fanbase are generally pro-Palestine and anti-IDF. I really don't know why he would associate himself with these cnuts.

Sorry Tony...jumped the gun there and didn't read the posts properly :-X
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tony Baloney

Quote from: illdecide on November 09, 2018, 11:07:01 PM

What are you talking about? I mean if he is such a big Celtic supporter he should know that the fanbase are generally pro-Palestine and anti-IDF. I really don't know why he would associate himself with these cnuts.

You're back on the Christmas card list  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 10, 2018, 12:03:37 AM

Is Rod Stewart back on the Xmas cards list?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2018, 12:09:54 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 10, 2018, 12:03:37 AM

Is Rod Stewart back on the Xmas cards list?
Sir Rod.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/09/malibu-wildfire-caitlyn-jenner-lady-gaga-celebrities-evacuated

The fast-moving wildfire in southern California has now reached the celebrity enclave of Malibu, forcing a number of high-profile stars to flee their homes.
Caitlyn Jenner is one of the celebrities worst affected, with her home in the Malibu hills completely destroyed by the flames, according to TMZ. Jenner had lived there since 2015. Last year Jenner told the College Republican National Committee: "I am all for getting out of the Paris accord."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gmac

Quote from: seafoid on November 10, 2018, 05:33:55 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/09/malibu-wildfire-caitlyn-jenner-lady-gaga-celebrities-evacuated

The fast-moving wildfire in southern California has now reached the celebrity enclave of Malibu, forcing a number of high-profile stars to flee their homes.
Caitlyn Jenner is one of the celebrities worst affected, with her home in the Malibu hills completely destroyed by the flames, according to TMZ. Jenner had lived there since 2015. Last year Jenner told the College Republican National Committee: "I am all for getting out of the Paris accord."
california gets zero rain from approx April to November every year the brush and grass are bone dry  so it's not climate change that's starting wildfires its someone throwing a cigarette a power line or someone setting it on purpose .

seafoid

Quote from: Gmac on November 10, 2018, 03:29:39 PM

california gets zero rain from approx April to November every year the brush and grass are bone dry  so it's not climate change that's starting wildfires its someone throwing a cigarette a power line or someone setting it on purpose .
So California has always had drought, has it?
I presume the g in GMAC stands for gaslit.

Gmac

Quote from: seafoid on November 10, 2018, 04:48:40 PM

there was record rain here 2 years ago but what would I know I only live here cop yourself on ffs

seafoid

Quote from: Gmac on November 10, 2018, 05:05:39 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 10, 2018, 04:48:40 PM

there was record rain here 2 years ago but what would I know I only live here cop yourself on ffs
More carbon in the atmosphere means more powerful storms, heavier rainfall and drought
But not on Fox

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2018/sep/20/why-are-california-wildfires-so-bad-interactive

Hot temperatures and dry conditions caused by global warming are taking a toll on west coast forests. The past five years in California have been the hottest on record, and the state recently came out of a nearly six-year drought, its second worst in history.
A lack of rainfall coupled with disappearing groundwater increases the likelihood of tree death. Dead trees act as explosive fuel when wildfires start.

There are millions of dead trees in California
Because of drought, rising temperatures and a growing epidemic of migrating bark beetles that prey on trees, an alarming number of trees, nearly 129m, have died since 2010. California has removed only 1.3m of these trees in that same period: the rest litter the state's forests with tinder.

Much of California is a time bomb
The large number of dead trees, combined with California's already dry, hot and windy climate, has made much of the state susceptible to wildfires. It doesn't take a lot to start one - humans are responsible for 84% of them - and with about a quarter of California counties facing severe or worsening drought conditions, rain and groundwater are often unavailable to help put out fires.

People are moving into high fire-risk zones
California's population grew by 3 million between 2000 and 2010, and according to the risk management company Verisk, in 2017 over a quarter of the state's population lived near moderate or high-risk fire corridors.
With this increase in population comes a higher possibility of a human-made wildfire. And as people move into these high-risk area, more buildings are in harm's way: structures generally burn longer than vegetation, allowing fire more time to spread.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JoG2 on November 09, 2018, 09:41:35 AM

[/b]

because the want to be seen / ego supersedes everything else...'Famous cnuts supporting murdering cnuts' should have been the headline. The hoor should hang his head in shame tbh
I see Gerry's house was burned down in the California wildfires.  :-X

seafoid

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crom_Cruach

Crom Cruach was a god of pre-Christian Ireland. According to Christian writers, he was propitiated with human sacrifice
According to an Irish dinsenchas ("place-lore") poem in the 12th century Book of Leinster, Crom Cruach's cult image, consisting of a gold figure surrounded by twelve stone figures, stood on Magh Slécht ("the plain of prostration") in County Cavan, and was propitiated with first-born sacrifice in exchange for good yields of milk and grain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magh_Sl%C3%A9cht

This area has been in constant occupation from pre-4000 BC up to the present day, as is evidenced by the huge number of ancient monuments which still survive. In a small area of 3 square miles (7.8 km2) there are over 80 monuments of different types, with many others bound to be discovered by future archaeological searches. It is the densest grouping of such monuments in County Cavan and possibly in Ireland.[4]

Included are[5]
9 megalithic tombs
7 Ring barrows
3 different stone circles
9 different standing stones
2 stone-rows
5 enclosures
6 crannogs
33 ráths or souterrains
3 Early-Christian church-sites
2 Early-Christian Holy Wells
2 Bullauns
2 Medieval castles.

Milltown Row2

Hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2018, 08:54:31 AM
https://news.sky.com/story/ufo-investigated-in-ireland-after-multiple-aircraft-sightings-11552908
Among the most interesting lines from this is the last one:

"This report will be investigated under the normal confidential occurrence investigation process."

Why does it have to be confidential?
It's not like Ireland is conducting important air defence manoeuvres and we want it kept secret from adversaries!