Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 02, 2017, 11:28:15 AM
Irish Mirror: Philippe Coutinho 'spotted crying' after Liverpool refused to sell Brazilian forward to Barcelona. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwz8vj8jU

Like a prisoner in Wormwood Scrubs being told his sentence has been increased by 4 years.... ;D

What a useless cnut if true, the man is playing for an iconic club, making a shit ton of money and he is crying because he wants out of a contract he was happy to sign a while ago to go for more money? f**k him and his ilk, I hope he gets his leg broke! Liverpool fans deserve better than this ad if I was the club the first chance I got I would offload him to United for forty million. :) :)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 02, 2017, 01:28:52 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 02, 2017, 11:56:03 AM
Quote from: Boycey on September 02, 2017, 11:36:30 AM
This is posted in this thread because????

He is obsessed Boycey.....he gets confused a lot!

Says the Liverpool fan posting in the United thread...lol

Trust me...I'm not obsessed. I rarely post in here...you're never out of the Liverpool thread!!  Tell us why did your post a Liverpool story in the Man U thread?  Are you just stupid?

StGallsGAA

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 02, 2017, 02:00:55 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 02, 2017, 01:28:52 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 02, 2017, 11:56:03 AM
Quote from: Boycey on September 02, 2017, 11:36:30 AM
This is posted in this thread because????

He is obsessed Boycey.....he gets confused a lot!

Says the Liverpool fan posting in the United thread...lol

Trust me...I'm not obsessed. I rarely post in here...you're never out of the Liverpool thread!!  Tell us why did your post a Liverpool story in the Man U thread?  Are you just stupid?

To wind up gimps like you!  ;D

magpie seanie

Quote from: stew on September 02, 2017, 01:42:15 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 02, 2017, 11:28:15 AM
Irish Mirror: Philippe Coutinho 'spotted crying' after Liverpool refused to sell Brazilian forward to Barcelona. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwz8vj8jU

Like a prisoner in Wormwood Scrubs being told his sentence has been increased by 4 years.... ;D

What a useless cnut if true, the man is playing for an iconic club, making a shit ton of money and he is crying because he wants out of a contract he was happy to sign a while ago to go for more money? f**k him and his ilk, I hope he gets his leg broke! Liverpool fans deserve better than this ad if I was the club the first chance I got I would offload him to United for forty million. :) :)

I think Liverpool should have sold him. They'll not get the same money for him next summer I think. Barca had him overvalued and Liverpool should have cashed in.

AZOffaly

Only if they could replace him Seanie. No point selling him in the last week, and panicking. HAs Andy Carroll taught us nothing? :)

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 04, 2017, 09:54:39 AM
Only if they could replace him Seanie. No point selling him in the last week, and panicking. HAs Andy Carroll taught us nothing? :)

Are you not better off without a player no matter who he is if he doesn't want to be there? Mind you I'd expect Coutinho to be the type to get on with it and not let his standards drop but you never know

AZOffaly

I suppose that depends on how he reacts but I would hope Coutinho would do like Suarez did. Burst himself for a year to make sure Barca come back for him. Also it's a world cup year, so if he sulks or doesn't play for Liverpool, he's doing himself no favours.

They probably won't get the same big money for him next year, but as a fan I don't really care about that. As long as they have replacements lined up, then it's fine.

TabClear

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 04, 2017, 10:33:48 AM
I suppose that depends on how he reacts but I would hope Coutinho would do like Suarez did. Burst himself for a year to make sure Barca come back for him. Also it's a world cup year, so if he sulks or doesn't play for Liverpool, he's doing himself no favours.

They probably won't get the same big money for him next year, but as a fan I don't really care about that. As long as they have replacements lined up, then it's fine.

Agree with all of that except about the price.  The next round of premier league rights auctions is in February and with Amazon/Facebook etc rumoured to be on the prowl the prediction is  Sky might have to pay a premium of up to 45% on the near £4.2bn it paid last time. That means a further £600m annually to keep the rights. The lions share of that money goes to clubs so I dont expect overall transfer fees to come down any time soon.

However, its only 4-5 clubs who can pay that kind of money for a  Couthinho transfer so if Barca/PSg/Real/City have filled their Couthinho shaped gap there is no market for him at that price and Liverpool will not want to sell at a perceived loss (assuming he keeps performing at the level he has). You would not expect the likes of Chelsea/United to be bidding for him so if Barca are not at the table I dont think he is going anywhere.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: TabClear on September 04, 2017, 01:57:10 PM

Agree with all of that except about the price.  The next round of premier league rights auctions is in February and with Amazon/Facebook etc rumoured to be on the prowl the prediction is  Sky might have to pay a premium of up to 45% on the near £4.2bn it paid last time. That means a further £600m annually to keep the rights. The lions share of that money goes to clubs so I dont expect overall transfer fees to come down any time soon.

However, its only 4-5 clubs who can pay that kind of money for a  Couthinho transfer so if Barca/PSg/Real/City have filled their Couthinho shaped gap there is no market for him at that price and Liverpool will not want to sell at a perceived loss (assuming he keeps performing at the level he has). You would not expect the likes of Chelsea/United to be bidding for him so if Barca are not at the table I dont think he is going anywhere.

He has said that he would only leave Liverpool for Barcelona, so it will be interesting when the Jan window comes round again if they come back in for him.

I think Klopp would be open to selling him for that sort of money if he had a replacement lined up..

I think the fans would also accept him going as long as a top quality replacement comes in before hand
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

TabClear

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 05, 2017, 11:41:24 AM

He has said that he would only leave Liverpool for Barcelona, so it will be interesting when the Jan window comes round again if they come back in for him.

I think Klopp would be open to selling him for that sort of money if he had a replacement lined up..

I think the fans would also accept him going as long as a top quality replacement comes in before hand

We should really take this over to the Liverpool thread, cant imagine the United lads are too interested in it! 

Plus the Likes of Under the Bar and StGalls will never see it on here...;)

NAG1

Quote from: Boycey on September 04, 2017, 10:28:08 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 04, 2017, 09:54:39 AM

Are you not better off without a player no matter who he is if he doesn't want to be there? Mind you I'd expect Coutinho to be the type to get on with it and not let his standards drop but you never know

Think they are in a stronger position this as with all clubs with disgruntled players, its a world cup year. You can bet your last dollar that every player in an international squad will be working their nuts off to make sure they make the tournament. That is until the last few weeks of the season when they wont make a tackle for fear of getting injured  ;D

Liverpool held all the cards in this one and fair play to them, knew Barca had the Neymar money and did the right thing holding out for the best price, if they want to come back again after the WC next season and if he has a good tournament he could be worth even more.

J70

On the tv rights stuff, is there not a point at which Sky might tell the league to feck off?

ESPN seriously overstretched themselves with their NFL deal (Monday night games and highlights), and now they're stuck with it even as ratings are dropping and have had to lay off a bunch of staff and talking heads.

Boycey

Back to proper footie tomorrow after the international break  8)

Cunny Funt

Man United average today. Two poor goals conceded after keeping 3 clean sheets will have Jose very upset tonight.

StGallsGAA

Yer man Moting looks a bit of a bargain for Sparky!