Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: delgany on May 01, 2019, 11:08:21 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 01, 2019, 03:42:49 PM
Quote from: delgany on April 30, 2019, 09:51:14 PM

It takes 12 years to get to top of pay scale
M1 to M6   takes 6 years
UPS 1 TO 3  takes 6 years  - two years per point !

Paid M1 on starting
Paid M2 after 1 year
Paid M3 after 2 years
Paid M4 after 3 years
Paid M5 after 4 years
Paid M6 after 5 years
Paid UPS1 after 6 years
Paid UPS1 after 7 years
Paid UPS2 after 8 years
Paid UPS2 after 9 years
Paid UPS3 after 10 years

12 years, are you a teacher?

Teachers pay increments are based on  the school academic year  and not the calendar year ... ...so yes it  takes 12 years to get to the top of pay grades...it isn't hard to work that out ... problem solving strategies !

The academic year runs from 1st July to 30th June for school admissions
The academic year runs from 1st September to 31st August for teachers' pay and increments.
The calendar year runs from 1st January to 31st December.

Which one is the longest?

Every one of these years is 12 months long. Hence the use of the term year.

Let's give you a concrete example:

1st September 2001 start teaching paid on M1 from that date
1st September 2002 move to M2 – after one year working
1st September 2003 move to M3 – after two years working
1st September 2004 move to M4 – after completing 3 years
1st September 2005 move to M5 – after completing 4 years
1st September 2006 move to M6 – after completing 5 years
1st September 2007 move to UPS1 after completing assessment and 6 years
1st September 2008 remain on UPS1 after completing 7 years
1st September 2009 move to UPS2 after being assessed and completing 8 years
1st September 2010 remain on UPS2 after completing 9 years
1st September 2011 move to UPS3 after being assessed and completing 10 years of teaching

Sportacus

Quote from: trailer on May 02, 2019, 12:15:13 PM
In all seriousness is there another profession that does as much whinging about pay, pay scales, working environment? Serious bit of moaning. Teachers never seem to quit.
They don't have it as bad as they think. It's a good package, inc base salary. Good conditions, dry, inside, warm. Early finishes, guaranteed promotion, good holidays SOME EVEN GET TO GO ON FREE FOREIGN HOLIDAYS!!! SKI TRIP RACKETS!!! The way some are getting on here you'd think they were working in Auschwitz.
Meanwhile I'm knocking my pan in 18 hrs a day, 7 days a week running my own business. No guarantees, no safety net. No one paying my salary. No paid holidays.
Knock your pan in all you like, it's your choice.  Can never understand people whinging about other people's jobs.  It's your choice what you do.  Fair play to teachers if that's the path they chose at 18.  It was available to all of us. 

BennyHarp

In all seriousness is there another profession that does as much whinging about pay, pay scales, working environment? Serious bit of moaning. Teachers never seem to quit.
They don't have it as bad as they think. It's a good package, inc base salary. Good conditions, dry, inside, warm. Early finishes, guaranteed promotion, good holidays SOME EVEN GET TO GO ON FREE FOREIGN HOLIDAYS!!! SKI TRIP RACKETS!!! The way some are getting on here you'd think they were working in Auschwitz.
Meanwhile I'm knocking my pan in 18 hrs a day, 7 days a week running my own business. No guarantees, no safety net. No one paying my salary. No paid holidays.

;D ;D
That was never a square ball!!

tonto1888

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 02, 2019, 03:05:31 PM

M1 to M6   takes 6 years

Paid M1 on starting
Paid M2 after 1 year
Paid M3 after 2 years
Paid M4 after 3 years
Paid M5 after 4 years
Paid M6 after 5 years
Paid UPS1 after 6 years
Paid UPS1 after 7 years
Paid UPS2 after 8 years
Paid UPS2 after 9 years
Paid UPS3 after 10 years

Teachers pay increments are based on  the school academic year  and not the calendar year ... ...so yes it  takes 12 years to get to the top of pay grades...it isn't hard to work that out ... problem solving strategies !

The academic year runs from 1st September to 31st August for teachers' pay and increments.

1st September 2011 move to UPS3 after being assessed and completing 10 years of teaching
Not all schools run on this pay scale. If you worked in a private or independent school you would reach the equivalent of UPS1. After that how much you progress, or not as is more often the case, depends on various factors

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 02, 2019, 12:38:43 PM

Written by someone who has absolutely no idea what he or she is talking about

And you do?

Teachers generally benchmark themselves with a utopian view of work. They have hardly worked if ever in the private sector. They moan and crib about their job but rarely actually follow through in actions.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on May 02, 2019, 04:26:53 PM

And you do?

Teachers generally benchmark themselves with a utopian view of work. They have hardly worked if ever in the private sector. They moan and crib about their job but rarely actually follow through in actions.

I have no idea what you are talking about either. However in regards to teaching; I am the son of two teachers, one primary and one secondary and taught secondary science for 11 years so yes, I do have a clue what I am talking about. You in the other hand are making sweeping statements which are often incorrect

delgany

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 02, 2019, 04:01:34 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 02, 2019, 03:05:31 PM

M1 to M6   takes 6 years

Paid M1 on starting
Paid M2 after 1 year
Paid M3 after 2 years
Paid M4 after 3 years
Paid M5 after 4 years
Paid M6 after 5 years
Paid UPS1 after 6 years
Paid UPS1 after 7 years
Paid UPS2 after 8 years
Paid UPS2 after 9 years
Paid UPS3 after 10 years

Not all schools run on this pay scale. If you worked in a private or independent school you would reach the equivalent of UPS1. After that how much you progress, or not as is more often the case, depends on various factors

UPS  1 TO 2  IS A TWO YEAR CYCLE    !

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 02, 2019, 05:18:18 PM

And you do?

I have no idea what you are talking about either. However in regards to teaching; I am the son of two teachers, one primary and one secondary and taught secondary science for 11 years so yes, I do have a clue what I am talking about. You in the other hand are making sweeping statements which are often incorrect

How do you have a clue what you are talking about so if you have little work experience outside of teaching?

BennyHarp

And you do?

What, in under fcuk, are you on about?
That was never a square ball!!

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on May 02, 2019, 06:20:42 PM

And you do?

How do you have a clue what you are talking about so if you have little work experience outside of teaching?

I'm talking about teaching, which you don't know a thing about. And how do you know what experience I do or do not have outside of teaching?

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 02, 2019, 07:26:13 PM

And you do?

I'm talking about teaching, which you don't know a thing about. And how do you know what experience I do or do not have outside of teaching?

And I'm saying teachers are only able to benchmark teaching against what their utopian views of what a job should entail, most of them never have nor never will work in the private sector. Teachers share a lot of traits with unionism, they want everything for nothing in return and are willing to bring society to a halt in order to get/preserve that.

My message if very simple to teachers, suck it up or go and find a job that meets your needs - I don't think the latter is a viable option as there are very few jobs out there with the same benefits as teaching. The main issue is that a lot of people choose teaching as a career due to the summers off regardless of whether they are suited to the work or have an interest in it.

Milltown Row2

Honestly lad you need to seek some advice, I've never known a trait like this before, hatred of a profession? Is that a thing?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

they usually got a bad grade, are fuming their work was corrected in red pen or got spurned by a teacher's daughter

or maybe they just didn't work hard enough in school

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on May 03, 2019, 07:36:14 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on May 02, 2019, 07:26:13 PM

And you do?

And I'm saying teachers are only able to benchmark teaching against what their utopian views of what a job should entail, most of them never have nor never will work in the private sector. Teachers share a lot of traits with unionism, they want everything for nothing in return and are willing to bring society to a halt in order to get/preserve that.

My message if very simple to teachers, suck it up or go and find a job that meets your needs - I don't think the latter is a viable option as there are very few jobs out there with the same benefits as teaching. The main issue is that a lot of people choose teaching as a career due to the summers off regardless of whether they are suited to the work or have an interest in it.

Oh bloody hell. Spoken again like someone who hasn't got a clue what they are talking about. How many teachers do you actually know? How many have to canvassed to find out why they went into teaching?
That message to teachers should be very anyone in any job anywhere

square_ball

Angelo is just Il Bomber Destro reborn on the board. Bomber never did like the teachers for whatever reason.