Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spike

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 14, 2019, 11:26:36 PM
Are u saying the county didn't turn up for Cargin b cos Cargin don't turn up for the county..... :o

Im.just wondering why they didnt show up for their 2nd biggest football competition trophy award.   Any reason other than 'it was stolen on the way to the match' is unacceptable

bannside

That's the Div 1 league as good as over with Cargin winners after the most competitive league in memory. Top four positions sorted for next years cship seeding too...the scene is set now for a memorable championship. Can South West consolidate its position as the new power base, or can Galls Johnnies or LD....or indeed improving Rossa put a spanner in those works? Should be an interesting couple of months.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 14, 2019, 11:26:36 PM
Are u saying the county didn't turn up for Cargin b cos Cargin don't turn up for the county..... :o

What would of happened if Creggan had won?

imtommygunn

I see mick Mccann kicking off on Twitter and a few boys who have played county chiming in too. Doesn't look good for the county. Very strange how this happened.

Sportacus

This is a sickener for the players and I saw it happen to my own club a few years ago as well at underage.  We had to hand them a trophy off a shelf from our club room to save face.  Is it silence so far from the County?  An explanation or apology is necessary and pretty quickly- maybe there was a genuine reason so let's see what they say.  The old ways need to change, otherwise we'll be bottom of the pile for plenty more years to come.

delgany

They are quick enough to fine clubs for not returning trophies  every March .

playwiththewind1st

All down the years, it was always "oh, sure, leagues don't matter".

imtommygunn

Quote from: Sportacus on August 15, 2019, 08:57:19 AM
This is a sickener for the players and I saw it happen to my own club a few years ago as well at underage.  We had to hand them a trophy off a shelf from our club room to save face.  Is it silence so far from the County?  An explanation or apology is necessary and pretty quickly- maybe there was a genuine reason so let's see what they say.  The old ways need to change, otherwise we'll be bottom of the pile for plenty more years to come.

no they have replied that it was organised to be presented at the official opening of Cargin's clubrooms which was to be tomorrow but it was postponed so the presentation has been postponed until that happens.

(Edit) although creggan could have won the league last night too I believe?? That would have been a mess.

Sportacus

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 15, 2019, 11:41:13 AM

no they have replied that it was organised to be presented at the official opening of Cargin's clubrooms which was to be tomorrow but it was postponed so the presentation has been postponed until that happens.

(Edit) although creggan could have won the league last night too I believe?? That would have been a mess.
The person managing the Cargin Twitter account didn't seem to know that.  Makes you wonder.

Spike

Creggan must be delighted with the crystal ball reading Antrim did, predicting they wouldnt win the league.   

imtommygunn

Quote from: Sportacus on August 15, 2019, 12:08:10 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 15, 2019, 11:41:13 AM

The person managing the Cargin Twitter account didn't seem to know that.  Makes you wonder.

yeah all very odd and would only happen in antrim lol.

breakingball

Quote from: Spike on August 15, 2019, 12:17:02 PM
Creggan must be delighted with the crystal ball reading Antrim did, predicting they wouldnt win the league.

Would have been very long odds for Creggan to win by double figures last night

Spike

Quote from: breakingball on August 15, 2019, 02:54:35 PM
Quote from: Spike on August 15, 2019, 12:17:02 PM

Would have been very long odds for Creggan to win by double figures last night

Worse than the odds that one of the two teams on the pitch would be the winner of the league?

imtommygunn

County chairman has now spoke out about it which is a good thing.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i see they got it all sorted yesterday which was good to see.

Now i wonder if anyone would mind us causing a fuss about the fact no one turned up to present us the D1 hurling league trophy last week there   ;) ;D ;D ;D
hurl like f**k boi!