The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

I'm disappointed Ings isn't starting. Thought Harry Wilson might have made the squad also.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

TabClear

Has a bit of the pre season feel to it.  Lucas has been very solid, the ultimate pro. Sturridge proving what he brings to the table in terms of strikers instinct.  But disjointed in midfield, grujic been out of the game and a few of the youngsters trying things that aren't coming off.

laoislad

FFS we should be out of sight at this stage. Soft peno but  typical Lucas.

laoislad

Nervy last ten but they should have really been 3 or 4 up at that stage.
Good to get the win and the bulk of the first team squad rested for the weekend so happy days.
Also,it was nice to see a team come to Anfield and attack a bit.....

AZOffaly

Enjoyable game. Loads of chances, and some good performances. But please, please stop calling Lucas the ultimate pro. He's an honest, hard worker, but an absolute air head. It's like clockwork.  He does a lot of good stuff, but you know, you just know, he is going to give away either a bad pass, a stupid free kick in a dangerous place, or a peno. He's unreal. And he's old enough to know better. I'd say if you looked inside his brain when he was hacking away at Jansen there, you'd see nothing but air.

The Stallion

Lucas is awful, always has been. Can't believe Klopp risked injury to Sturridge in such a pointless game.Should only be playing kids in an irrelevant competition like that.

mikehunt

Quote from: The Stallion on October 25, 2016, 10:28:46 PM
Lucas is awful, always has been. Can't believe Klopp risked injury to Sturridge in such a pointless game.Should only be playing kids in an irrelevant competition like that.
This is our year horsebox. Keep the faith.

ashman

Lads

Tis only an aul fcukin garrison game .

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on October 25, 2016, 09:40:10 PM
Also,it was nice to see a team come to Anfield and attack a bit.....

Nice to see some clubs come to anfield with a but of ambition isn't it, even with their reserve team?

Good result tonight, important game time for some fringe players, youth getting their chance, Sturridge amongst the goals, rest for the first 11...well play Heir Klopp

J70

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 25, 2016, 10:23:50 PM
Enjoyable game. Loads of chances, and some good performances. But please, please stop calling Lucas the ultimate pro. He's an honest, hard worker, but an absolute air head. It's like clockwork.  He does a lot of good stuff, but you know, you just know, he is going to give away either a bad pass, a stupid free kick in a dangerous place, or a peno. He's unreal. And he's old enough to know better. I'd say if you looked inside his brain when he was hacking away at Jansen there, you'd see nothing but air.

And Jansen with his back to goal and all with two men immediately covering him.

Brainless.

gawa316

Quote from: J70 on October 26, 2016, 02:41:16 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 25, 2016, 10:23:50 PM

And Jansen with his back to goal and all with two men immediately covering him.

Brainless.

Was it not lamela?

AZOffaly

Lamela, you're right. Jansen took the peno.

TabClear

No love for Lucas here! I thought he was excellent bar the pen which I thought was soft anyway.  Strong in the tackle, organised things and brought the ball out really well from the back. You have to rremember he's playing out of position.

Moreno actually played ok as well albeit his direct opponent was poor. His pace is exceptional if he could get his positional play sorted.

Anyway in the hat with 11 changes. Can't be bad.

AZOffaly

But that's the problem. Most of the time he is very solid, but there is always a 'but'. And that but normally leads either to a goal, or a heart stopping moment near the end of a game. I'd say he has given away, per minute on the field, the most free kicks 30 yards out on the left or right of the box. Prime crossing zone against a team that struggles to defend set pieces. It's mental, literally, as in it's a stupid mental error all the time with him. If they had been pegged back to 2-2 last night, I'd have sold him in January!

I like him, I like his effort, I like his honesty, I like his versatility, but I hate stupidity in players. Intelligence can go a long way, and he lacks that sort of basic intelligence that says, 'we're in control here, don't lunge in and give away a free'.

Hectic

Last night a good exercise between two reserve teams with the bonus of progression for Liverpool in what for me was a reasonable entertaining game. I would not read too much into individual performances as at times players did look like they were not used playing together though this did add to the value as a fair few chances were created at both ends from bad positional play. 

Thought the Spurs penalty was soft though I suppose between that and the incident just after they probably deserved a pen for one of them though I also thought Sturridge could have had a similar claim in the second half after an excellent turn before Worm cleared with his feet.  Young lad at full back lucky to stay on the pitch for his lunge on the Spurs full back though referee probably took his youth and the second string nature of the tie into consideration. 

All in I would imagine both sides will be content enough with the result - Liverpool have something to occupy them midweek while Spurs do not have something extra to fill up an already busy midweek schedule. 

Finally thought Anfield was in fine voice again in the context of the occasion - many supporters would show up for these games and just go through the motions but the Liverpool supporters were still there singing after the final whistle.