30 (34.5%)
Mayo by 4-6
7 (8%)
Mayo by 7+
3 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: September 17, 2016, 04:26:48 PM

highorlow

I've us down to win this between 4-6. (I've decided it's better for the soul to be positive despite my earlier (all year) negativity)

This is on the basis of the following:

1 - It's hard to put 2 highly intensive games back to back, can the Dubs do this?

2 - Tactically we won't be as naive as Kerry in the first 20mins, Connelly will be "looked after" within the rules.

3 - The 2nd half free count in favour of Dublin won't happen this time with Gough out of the picture.

4 - Were Dublin really that good the last day or are Kerry gone further backwards. I think it's the latter, Kerry made Dublin look good.

5 - The hype machine here in Dublin, this has to play into the Dubs heads, the supporters already think it's just a matter of showing up. 

6 - These lads have big game left in them, can they extract this out of themselves for the final? Fuckin right they can and they will.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

islamae

Captain Obvious

Those voting Mayo to win aren't basing it on their form this year. It was suggested on another thread that this is the best prepared Dublin team of all time if true then they should beat a Mayo not at their best by at least six points.

Dinny Breen

So a small majority think Dublin will win, and within that the majority reckon it will be by 4-6 points. What's the spread in the bookies?
#newbridgeornowhere

ashman

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

highorlow

I think people are too quick to judge Dublin on the basis of the last 2 Kerry games, i.e. the Final last year and this years SF. Kerry are gone slightly downhill since last year, due to age and injuries to their key men, i.e. Moran in midfield wasn't the same soldier this year as he was the previous 2. No doubt about it the Dubs came back very well the last day but did they really beat that much?

Dublin are now part of the meeja buzz similar to how great Galway were after they beat us.

Dublin, in reality, really struggled against us last year in the drawn game. Our shooting in that match in the 1st half was brutal and our only attacking tactic (apart from the last desperate 5mins where we had to run at Dublin to get a draw) was long range shots or a long hoof into AOS.

I think this year we have a good mix of attacking options (albeit our finishing admittedly is still erratic) and our defence of goals this year is also remarkable. It surprises me that Joe Brolly hasn't mentioned this improvement in our defence as he was the one harping on about it all the time. Our attacking mixes low balls into AM and COC with high balls to AOS along with a running game.

Our midfield pairing this year, who both are in peak condition, SOS and TP are better that last years pairing. Both of these men have improved remarkably with their kick passing and decision making.

I also think Rochford will have a few tricks up his sleeve come the starting team, I think he could chance one of either Dillion, COS or Loftus to start. The more I think about it I would say he will go for Dillion in place of Keane again. Dillion will be less of a gamble and loves playing against the Dubs, he is one of our better distributors and will "occupy" O'Sullivan and be able to get early ball into our corners.

If the management think we need to gamble somewhere to have a chance  I think he might play Harrision on Connolly which will free up Keegan.

My analysis might be biased and done in hope rather than anything else but I don't think any of this can be denied.

If we click with our shooting I can see us winning this by a comfortable 4 to 6 points.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

cuconnacht

"Los futbolistas de Mayo " +7.

And any Mayo man using the term hope etc from here on in is a traitor to his county!
Forget who said this but,"Nobody ever gives you anything,you gotta take it"

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 06, 2016, 07:26:45 PM
I voted a Dublin win.
G'man Farr, I was beginning to lose hope as you hadn't predicted doom and damnation for Mayo and here you are at the last moment!  ;D
God, I can sleep more aisy tonight. We are in with a chance after all.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

It will probably come down to small things. Mayo have to get the breaks. And take them
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

rrhf

Mayo Mick

Highorlow analysis is spot on -Mayo by 5 pulling up.

Spent a couple of hours in a Dub GAA club last night and never heard such confidence/arrogance. You would think it was Longford or Roscommon they were playing and not one of the top teams in the country.

Good luck to all Mayo people all over the world - let us savour this one. They are hard to win.

Croch suas é!

If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

Hereiam

It really is going to come down to who can take their scores on the day. Wide after wide will soon habe the heads droppin