Great Players who were mostly Injured

Started by Orior, March 16, 2018, 09:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Name any great players that failed to reach or maintain stardom because of their propensity to get injured?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Matt Connor's career was destroyed by a car crash . So was Frank McGuigan's.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

rosnarun

I always though it was the case with shane o rourke  who looked to have everything But it never worked out.
is that what happened Kyle Coney as well or was it just lack of form?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Frank_The_Tank

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

thewobbler

If there were awards for persistently coming back from persistent injuries, Liam Doyle, Ambrose Rogers and Eoin McCartan.

longballin

Quote from: seafoid on March 16, 2018, 09:59:26 AM
Matt Connor's career was destroyed by a car crash . So was Frank McGuigan's.

Frank was 30 when that happened although is many believe if  he'd been there two years later in 1986 Tyrone would have won that All Ireland final. We'll never know. His son Brian came back from two horrific injuries.

trailer

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on March 16, 2018, 11:09:27 AM
Marty Clarke

Well he spent his best years in Oz. Bar the one he carried Down to the AIF.
Kyle Coney just never made the grade.

longballin

Quote from: trailer on March 16, 2018, 12:34:11 PM
Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on March 16, 2018, 11:09:27 AM
Marty Clarke

Well he spent his best years in Oz. Bar the one he carried Down to the AIF.
Kyle Coney just never made the grade.

strange how many forwards in Tyrone in recent years don't 'make the grade' ... Kyle, Paddy McNiece, Niall McKenna, Raymond Mulgrew and now Darren McCurry. Might be more to do with recent tactics which does not enhance forward play. All still top club players in the county

Orchard park

STYFERUS

i remember him as the outstanding minor and u21 of his generation, went to college got caught up in a keyboard and has never recovered

barelegs

I always though that if Ronan Clarke had stayed fit he would have had some career. Every bit Sean Cavanagh's equal when they played on the same MacRory team at St Pat's Armagh, great start to his career and then it kind of petered out due to injury.

Gmac

Jinxy

Kevin Reilly battled chronic injuries for much of his career and still managed to be one of the better full-backs in the game.
As the Americans would say, he 'played hurt' more often than not.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

GalwayBayBoy

I guess you could say Michael Meehan but he was never particularly injury prone until he got a bad injury against Kerry in the league (which he actually recovered from) followed by the killer ankle injury against Sligo which he never really recovered from properly.

Rather than being injury prone it was really one bad injury that did him in.