Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Nurses and teachers - the true heroes of 2020.

From the Bunker

Quote from: JimStynes on July 22, 2020, 02:56:40 PM

Yes, teachers down south pulled out all the stops to make sure the Leaving cert was completed.

Joeythelips

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 21, 2020, 09:23:58 PM
Quote from: Joeythelips on July 21, 2020, 08:02:26 PM
Anyone who has had to home school their kids and pulled most of their own hair out in the attempt will have increased appreciation for teachers and the work they do, how anyone controls a class of children I have no idea. Not sure which would be worse, a classroom of 6/7 year olds with the energy to fuel a star or one full of hormonal teenagers.

You are having a laugh! Teachers train in college to teach. That's their job. They teach during their working hours, not like most people after having done a days work.  They get well paid, do short hour days and get lorry loads of holidays. The vast amount of Teachers in the Republic piggy-backed on the parents from March to June.

If you want to go praising people, then praise the shopkeepers who kept the Shops open so you could eat!

Im not having a laugh at all, teaching children is not easy. Anyone who went to school will know this as there were/are plenty of poor teachers along with good ones. I am sure both were trained up like you have said. I have struggled to home school teaching one 9 year old so I was just commenting that I would imagine a class room full of children would be a huge task to control them, let alone teach them. Also I know they teach during the 9 - 3 or whatever the work hours are, but do they not correct and prepare tests/work at some stage in the day also? I am not a teacher nor do I know any but I would imagine its not just rock up at 9 and head home at 3/4.

You are right to praise shopkeeper and their staff but last time I looked they were not doing it so I could eat, they were doing it to make money, and they have made a killing. Not sure what its like back home but a hell of a lot of Special offers vanished pretty quickly once lockdown kicked in. It has been like one big long Christmas for the larger chains from what I could see.

Kidder81

Don't think any of the nurses were slaughtered

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 22, 2020, 05:09:10 PM

Yes, teachers down south pulled out all the stops to make sure the Leaving cert was completed.

::) lazy analysis. Ultimately it was Joe McHugh who abandoned it. All secondary school teachers I know were doing lessons over the internet with their students.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ONeill

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 22, 2020, 09:15:36 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 22, 2020, 05:09:10 PM

::) lazy analysis. Ultimately it was Joe McHugh who abandoned it. All secondary school teachers I know were doing lessons over the internet with their students.

Were they? Hahahaha. Loooooosers.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

RedHand88

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 22, 2020, 06:26:56 PM

Nurses have been getting her handy since March. The entire health service has.

marty34

Are there not teachers currently doing summer schemes at school, getting paid for it AND getting their normal pay?

marty34

Quote from: hardstation on July 23, 2020, 10:33:30 AM
Quote from: marty34 on July 23, 2020, 10:16:15 AM
Are there not teachers currently doing summer schemes at school, getting paid for it AND getting their normal pay?
Working overtime and getting paid for it? The world has gone mad.

Point being ther's loads of young sub teachers out there, who could get experience.

It's as bad as schools hiring teachers, who have retired on a big pension but still work while young teachers can't get the work.

armaghniac

Quote from: hardstation on July 21, 2020, 09:33:57 PM
A massive well done to the shopkeepers.

the cheesemakers stayed at their posts and should be blessed for that reason.

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 22, 2020, 06:26:56 PM

Slaughtered, perhaps that is not the term, though some did die while others have had long term effects from Covid which would have seen on the programme last night.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JimStynes

Positive news coming out. Has anyone read the full report yet?

FermGael

Quote from: JimStynes on August 06, 2020, 05:21:14 PM
Positive news coming out. Has anyone read the full report yet?

Don't think anybody has but Peter .
We will probably get a look at it about 9 p.m Sunday week.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

quit yo jibbajabba

Wifes in tears here. Cheers Peter. Ill naw get the curt the nite

GJL

Great news. Very hard for the world of work to get back to any sort of normality unless children are at school.