Who is the most bitter after Dubs do 5 in a row

Started by dublin7, September 15, 2019, 06:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

This MB has turned into an anti dub forum over the last few years. Who do the neutrals think are most pissed off with dubs doing 5 in a row:

FROM THE BUNKER
PRICEREILLY
AN OTHER

Tatler Jack

Quote from: dublin7 on September 15, 2019, 06:22:08 AM
This MB has turned into an anti dub forum over the last few years. Who do the neutrals think are most pissed off with dubs doing 5 in a row:

FROM THE BUNKER
PRICEREILLY
AN OTHER

Dublin7

From the Bunker

I'm happy about Dublin winning yesterday. I was cheering them on yesterday and I will be cheering them on next year. I did not want Kerry to win. I was disgusted they drew the first day. The way that Kerry Pundits write and the sense of entitlement that the Kerry fan carries makes them unbearable.

Dublin's dominance does not affect my county's (Mayo) chances anymore. It's a relief that we are no longer at the front of the chasing pack. We are now part of the forgotten others of GAA football. So I can enjoy this now annual circus of funding imbalance and home venue imbalance without any emotional attachment. Dublin winning and the media/Gaa trying to talk up a meaningful challenger each year has now become amusing.

Less will go to games next year. Already there is a decline. Kerry the leaders now from the chasing pack are renowned for being poor followers.

For Kerry (the Kingdom) there is a real fear. Yesterday Dublin surpassed one of Kerry's crowns by getting 5. In 2010 Dublin had 22 AI titles they now have won 7 in a decade and are at 29. From 1958 to 2010 Dublin won 7 titles, So they are catching up with Kerry's 37 rapidly!

I look forward to congress again this year as the delegates continue to argue over a plethora of red herring issues within the game.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 15, 2019, 09:26:40 AM
I'm happy about Dublin winning yesterday. I was cheering them on yesterday and I will be cheering them on next year. I did not want Kerry to win. I was disgusted they drew the first day. The way that Kerry Pundits write and the sense of entitlement that the Kerry fan carries makes them unbearable.

Dublin's dominance does not affect my county's (Mayo) chances anymore. It's a relief that we are no longer at the front of the chasing pack. We are now part of the forgotten others of GAA football. So I can enjoy this now annual circus of funding imbalance and home venue imbalance without any emotional attachment. Dublin winning and the media/Gaa trying to talk up a meaningful challenger each year has now become amusing.

Less will go to games next year. Already there is a decline. Kerry the leaders now from the chasing pack are renowned for being poor followers.

For Kerry (the Kingdom) there is a real fear. Yesterday Dublin surpassed one of Kerry's crowns by getting 5. In 2010 Dublin had 22 AI titles they now have won 7 in a decade and are at 29. From 1958 to 2010 Dublin won 7 titles, So they are catching up with Kerry's 37 rapidly!

I look forward to congress again this year as the delegates continue to argue over a plethora of red herring issues within the game.

Like you who reckons the standard of Dublin's opposition is rising in standard each year?

BennyCake

The inter county game is already fucked, so in a way I hope Dublin go on and win 10 in a row. Let's see HQ defend their Dublin gravy train after that.

Whatever about Dublin's 5 in a row, it has been hugely tainted by their massive funding. So outside of blinkered Dublin fans, it won't get the recognition. The greatest team ever will still be Micko's in the 70's and 80's.

under the bar

FROM THE BUNKER
PRICEREILLY
AN OTHER

Change the thread title to "...Dubs BUY Fiv€ in a Row" please

seafoid

Kilkenny footballers get a lot of stick but they have been vindicated.
The championship is a farce
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

J70

Dublin have lost two championship games since 2010, and none the past five years. They probably will only lose one or two in the coming eight or nine years.

But sure what is there to be concerned about? Its just blinkered, anti-Dublin bitterness. ::)

Rossfan

How many British JFCs have Kilkenny won in a row now a Sheafóidín?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on September 15, 2019, 12:03:46 PM

Kilkenny footballers get a lot of stick but they have been vindicated.
The championship is a farce

Will be cheering on Dublin ladies today (apologies Seafoid). From the odds of 1/10 for the game, the result will be a formality.

Halfquarter

FROM THE BUNKER
PRICEREILLY
AN OTHER

When Kerry were going well, Mick O'Dwyer used to always say, there are 31 and a half counties against us -- that's the rest of the country and half of Kerry.

I don't know how much support Dublin have in their own back yard but I'd be surprised if Micko's quote does not hold true for Dublin as well.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

Leinster LGFA were hoping for Meath to win the intermediate Final today. Tipperary winning means there is no senior team other than Dublin in Leinster.  Next year they will have to wait for the group stages to enter the Championship. So much for the tiered system!