Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megaman

I see Tipperary voted at their convention to keep it U12, 14 etc for 2019.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Megaman on December 18, 2018, 11:44:52 AM
I see Tipperary voted at their convention to keep it U12, 14 etc for 2019.

Will the intercounty championships be at under 14, 16 and under 18 this year? And if not would it not be best to have your club hurling/football playing at the same age grades?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

podge

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 18, 2018, 09:04:04 AM
we had 4 lads there on sunday at the game and would of had more had the U21's not of been in the county football final.

This was a crazy time to have a game so close to Cmas when lads havent even thought about starting to train for games in the new year let along a game in December. but it was what it was and by all accounts the played well. fair play to any of the lads who went and played

James McNaughton was in good scoring form and looks like a good free taker for the team.

What happened to Dec being a closed month for all intercom to activiry? It's not that long ago that some counties were being threatened with fines for training in Dec?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: podge on December 18, 2018, 09:38:13 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 18, 2018, 09:04:04 AM
we had 4 lads there on sunday at the game and would of had more had the U21's not of been in the county football final.

This was a crazy time to have a game so close to Cmas when lads havent even thought about starting to train for games in the new year let along a game in December. but it was what it was and by all accounts the played well. fair play to any of the lads who went and played

James McNaughton was in good scoring form and looks like a good free taker for the team.

What happened to Dec being a closed month for all intercom to activiry? It's not that long ago that some counties were being threatened with fines for training in Dec?

Gone a good while now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my fellow Antrim Gaels.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

meant to get to the game on sat but was working and never got to it. I see that all 6 forwards got on the score sheet and by all accounts it was a good run out for the panel.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 07, 2019, 10:32:39 AM
meant to get to the game on sat but was working and never got to it. I see that all 6 forwards got on the score sheet and by all accounts it was a good run out for the panel.

Was a competitive enough game, Antrim obviously missing a few and that will only improve once players start coming back. Hopefully Cushendall players are not available till after St Paddy's day and that will give other players a better run in the team.

Was expecting more on the panel from some clubs but some players are still with their college teams I suspect and others may be carrying injuries

cfclg

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 07, 2019, 10:50:24 AM

Was a competitive enough game, Antrim obviously missing a few and that will only improve once players start coming back. Hopefully Cushendall players are not available till after St Paddy's day and that will give other players a better run in the team.

Was expecting more on the panel from some clubs but some players are still with their college teams I suspect and others may be carrying injuries

What size was the panel for this game?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: cfclg on January 07, 2019, 01:53:56 PM

Antrim had, I think about 21 there, not sure TBH,  few lads came on during the game

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 07, 2019, 02:07:36 PM

Antrim had, I think about 21 there, not sure TBH,  few lads came on during the game

Young rice came on at half time for Ronan Molloy, big lad with pace to  but I can't remember who else
Darren Gleason the tipp goalie was on the line helping. Got talking to him he's a sound big lad.
Lots to work on for sure, well done to all the lads who weighed in. The Ref was a bit iffy looking 😊😊
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 07, 2019, 07:00:00 PM

Young rice came on at half time for Ronan Molloy, big lad with pace to  but I can't remember who else
Darren Gleason the tipp goalie was on the line helping. Got talking to him he's a sound big lad.
Lots to work on for sure, well done to all the lads who weighed in. The Ref was a bit iffy looking 😊😊

He'd just done a run and class at the gym! Bit tired and burnt out after Xmas indulgence

Minder

Aye just don't be giving Darren your money to look after for you

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

marty34

Is Gleeson helping Antrim?

paddyjohn

Quote from: marty34 on January 07, 2019, 08:35:47 PM

Is Gleeson helping Antrim?
[/quote

It's his community service/punishment

Na Glinntí Glasa

seemed to be another good win yesterday. James mcNaughton is shaping into a fine hurler as we all thought he would. 3-09 from yesterdays game is a great return.

Final against Westmeath this weekend. I assume it will be the same venue?
hurl like f**k boi!