NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo_run

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 29, 2022, 04:56:07 PM
Quote from: LCohen on March 29, 2022, 04:40:46 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on March 29, 2022, 03:14:17 PM
tyrone have suffered trial by media many times before.

Ok list the instances then. Note media coverage of guilt is not trial of media. Presumably you will reply with a list of innocent players who were portrayed as guilty in the media and then punished? Let's hear it.

Armagh should have learnt that they got off very lightly at that game

Name the guilty players then?

I am an armagh supporter and firmly believe that guilty players should be punished irrespective of where they are from. I am deeply suspicious that some want players punished because of where they are from

OK let's do this. First of all trial by media doesn't mean someone is innocent. It means the media have blown it out of proportion before the pushment has been given.

Saying as you are so interested but too lazy to find the Armagh players at fault I have done it for you

https://twitter.com/TheSundayGame/status/1508193364159733767?t=po_dYBWAiqBrjpYoUbgUjA&s=19

21 seconds in. Armagh number 15 punched dongel number 10 in side on head.

32 seconds armagh number 25 grabbed Donegal number 10 from behind and pulled him to the ground. Then an armagh sub in black top comes in and takes a swing when the Donegal player gets up.

40 seconds in Armagh number 17 drags a Donegal player down from behind by the neck.

Is that enough? Also any punch to the head is significantly more dangerous than a headlock. Count lads have died from one punch to the head.

Just for balance - First one fair enough, no justification. 

Second incident involving number 10 - Funnily enough with a bit of editing from the Sunday game an incident happened just before where #10 for Donegal forcefully shoved Jamar Hall in the back when he was walking away and Hall got back up and confronted him. The only clear headlock is from Donegal #10 on Hall and he took him to the ground.

Number 7 for Donegal through an uppercut to I think it was and the same player punched Duffy in the face.

A player whose number we cannot see for Donegal (funny that, the same with the other Donegal players) was going around antagonising every other Armagh player for a fight as he went around the field and started squared up to Forker, Duffy, Sheridan, McCabe and pushed his head into Rian O'Neill's face. 

The 40 second incident didn't happen as the video was transitioning but again, that was Duffy pulling a player off Hall and you could clearly see him pulling him off from the shirt moments before. Then the same Donegal guy going around starting fights with Armagh players was there AGAIN dragging Duffy to the floor.

tyrone08

Quote from: Solo_run on March 29, 2022, 05:13:23 PM

Ok list the instances then. Note media coverage of guilt is not trial of media. Presumably you will reply with a list of innocent players who were portrayed as guilty in the media and then punished? Let's hear it.

I am an armagh supporter and firmly believe that guilty players should be punished irrespective of where they are from. I am deeply suspicious that some want players punished because of where they are from

OK let's do this. First of all trial by media doesn't mean someone is innocent. It means the media have blown it out of proportion before the pushment has been given.

Saying as you are so interested but too lazy to find the Armagh players at fault I have done it for you

https://twitter.com/TheSundayGame/status/1508193364159733767?t=po_dYBWAiqBrjpYoUbgUjA&s=19

32 seconds armagh number 25 grabbed Donegal number 10 from behind and pulled him to the ground. Then an armagh sub in black top comes in and takes a swing when the Donegal player gets up.

40 seconds in Armagh number 17 drags a Donegal player down from behind by the neck.

Is that enough? Also any punch to the head is significantly more dangerous than a headlock. Count lads have died from one punch to the head.

Second incident involving number 10 - Funnily enough with a bit of editing from the Sunday game an incident happened just before where #10 for Donegal forcefully shoved Jamar Hall in the back when he was walking away and Hall got back up and confronted him. The only clear headlock is from Donegal #10 on Hall and he took him to the ground.

Number 7 for Donegal through an uppercut to I think it was and the same player punched Duffy in the face.

A player whose number we cannot see for Donegal (funny that, the same with the other Donegal players) was going around antagonising every other Armagh player for a fight as he went around the field and started squared up to Forker, Duffy, Sheridan, McCabe and pushed his head into Rian O'Neill's face. 

The 40 second incident didn't happen as the video was transitioning but again, that was Duffy pulling a player off Hall and you could clearly see him pulling him off from the shirt moments before. Then the same Donegal guy going around starting fights with Armagh players was there AGAIN dragging Duffy to the floor.

No doubt about it Donegal we're at it, I didn't focus on them as I was asked to show the Armagh ones. You could easily pull up the same number if Donegal players as well.

J70

A player whose number we cannot see for Donegal (funny that, the same with the other Donegal players)

What does this mean?

Solo_run

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 29, 2022, 05:22:42 PM

No doubt about it Donegal we're at it, I didn't focus on them as I was asked to show the Armagh ones. You could easily pull up the same number if Donegal players as well.

It isn't going to happen but I really do hope all angles are shown - I really want to know what happened on the nearside. 

Throw ball

Quote from: KickPass on March 29, 2022, 05:34:57 PM
You'd exoect HQ will quickly establish the Armagh are the common denominator in most of the televised brawls over the past few years. They need to make an example. Didn't they even assault the poor girl who was the Cavan flag-bearer a couple of years back kicking off another melee?

I know I shouldn't.  But

Armagh have not been involved in a number of televised brawls over the last few years - as you would no doubt gloat about they have not been on television much as they have been playing in lower leagues!

The incident you talk about was from 2014. There is no point arguing over the rights and wrongs of what happened but nobody in the band was assaulted. There was an unproven allegation that the Armagh captain told her to f......g move to the other side so Armagh, as home team, could line up closest to fans.

yellowcard

As expected, it was fairly obvious that this would become a feeding frenzy for the media especially with the 2 counties playing each other again in a few weeks time. 

No sign of Murphy in any of that footage yet some people who were at the match have suggested that he started the whole thing off. Looking at the video there at least a few players who will be sweating unless they manage to get off on some form of technicality.

J70

Quote from: yellowcard on March 29, 2022, 05:53:11 PM
As expected, it was fairly obvious that this would become a feeding frenzy for the media especially with the 2 counties playing each other again in a few weeks time. 

No sign of Murphy in any of that footage yet some people who were at the match have suggested that he started the whole thing off. Looking at the video there at least a few players who will be sweating unless they manage to get off on some form of technicality.

And the feeding frenzy will up the tension going into the game even more.

All the more reason why the GAA need to start to stamp out this stuff.

Its only a f**king game.

And hopefully the two management teams will agree to some orderly process for getting the teams into the changing rooms at half time and we don't have scuffles when the two teams converge on the steps down into that tiny tunnel as always happens when we play Tyrone in Ballybofey. Mickey Harte held his team back one year. Bonner and McGeeney should agree to the same.

Throw ball

Quote from: J70 on March 29, 2022, 06:00:32 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 29, 2022, 05:53:11 PM

And the feeding frenzy will up the tension going into the game even more.

All the more reason why the GAA need to start to stamp out this stuff.

Its only a f**king game.

And hopefully the two management teams will agree to some orderly process for getting the teams into the changing rooms at half time and we don't have scuffles when the two teams converge on the steps down into that tiny tunnel as always happens when we play Tyrone in Ballybofey. Mickey Harte held his team back one year. Bonner and McGeeney should agree to the same.

100%

LCohen

Laughable stuff.

You claim Tyrone have been the victim of trial by media many times. Asked to name some of those times and you come up with exactly nil. Is it possible that your argument didn't stand up to even your own scrutiny?

Secondly you claimed that armagh got off lightly in the Armagh Vs Tyrone match and when asked for examples you produce footage from a completely different game. And don't pretend you thought it was the Donegal game I was referring to as
A) it was your statement about the Tyrone game I was quoting and
B) Armagh can hardly got off lightly when the punishments from the Donegal haven't even been handed out yet.

Again it looks like you have no faith in your own argument

tyrone08

Quote from: LCohen on March 29, 2022, 06:36:22 PM

Laughable stuff.

You claim Tyrone have been the victim of trial by media many times. Asked to name some of those times and you come up with exactly nil. Is it possible that your argument didn't stand up to even your own scrutiny?

Secondly you claimed that armagh got off lightly in the Armagh Vs Tyrone match and when asked for examples you produce footage from a completely different game. And don't pretend you thought it was the Donegal game I was referring to as
A) it was your statement about the Tyrone game I was quoting and
B) Armagh can hardly got off lightly when the punishments from the Donegal haven't even been handed out yet.

Again it looks like you have no faith in your own argument

You aren't even listening to your own argument. You asked for innocent players trialed by media. I said there wasn't any as they were guilty but it blown out of all proportion.

You said guilt players should be punished then ignored the clear evidence I have shown.

As for the tyrone game, rmagh numbers 12, 13 and at the end 3 should be have been red carded as they all were involved in headlocks.

Again as you are lazy, 13 and 12 headlocks at 24 seconds and number 3 throws a tyrone player to the ground by the neck at 1.09.

But sure you will ignore these as well even you "firmly believe guilty players should be punished"

Average Score

A tyronie talking about trampish behaviour, you couldn't make it up.

tyrone08

Quote from: Average Score on March 29, 2022, 09:06:12 PM
A tyronie talking about trampish behaviour, you couldn't make it up.

Nobody mentioned trampish behaviour however now that you mention it 2 rows does look a bit trampish

Throw ball

Quote from: KickPass on March 29, 2022, 08:59:54 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on March 29, 2022, 05:44:10 PM
You'd exoect HQ will quickly establish the Armagh are the common denominator in most of the televised brawls over the past few years. They need to make an example. Didn't they even assault the poor girl who was the Cavan flag-bearer a couple of years back kicking off another melee?

I know I shouldn't.  But

Armagh have not been involved in a number of televised brawls over the last few years - as you would no doubt gloat about they have not been on television much as they have been playing in lower leagues!

The incident you talk about was from 2014. There is no point arguing over the rights and wrongs of what happened but nobody in the band was assaulted. There was an unproven allegation that the Armagh captain told her to f......g move to the other side so Armagh, as home team, could line up closest to fans.

Ciaran McKeever was the said captain. Why conveniently leave that fact out?? Because he has lots for form for the trampish behaviour he was accused of perhaps?? By coincidence he's now the assistant manager. Not hard to see what he brings to the party.

I hope you understand there is a big difference from what was alleged to have been said and assault. I would suggest falsely accusing someone of assault is much worse than telling them f.....g move.

balladmaker

Given what appears to be Donegal's premeditated provocation of the handbags should automatically result in them conceding home advantage in favour of a neutral venue  ;)

Throw ball

Quote from: KickPass on March 29, 2022, 09:40:27 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on March 29, 2022, 09:29:35 PM
Quote from: KickPass on March 29, 2022, 08:59:54 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on March 29, 2022, 05:44:10 PM

I know I shouldn't.  But

Ciaran McKeever was the said captain. Why conveniently leave that fact out?? Because he has lots for form for the trampish behaviour he was accused of perhaps?? By coincidence he's now the assistant manager. Not hard to see what he brings to the party.

I hope you understand there is a big difference from what was alleged to have been said and assault. I would suggest falsely accusing someone of assault is much worse than telling them f.....g move.

The assault allegation came from the all in melee that followed not the verbal altercation

I should know better.

Read what you said initially and stop making yourself look foolish.

Anyway, that is my last comment.  Your experience will undoubtedly beat me.