NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

If Monaghan go down they may be some time there.

Average Score

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 25, 2022, 09:18:03 AM
Quote from: Average Score on March 25, 2022, 07:51:22 AM
Quote from: ck on March 24, 2022, 03:42:19 PM
Kerry surely will give their squad a run in a meaningless game V Tyrone? This allows Tyrone swoop in for a win and retain Div.1. TYRONE TO WIN.

Same for Mayo??.. which gives Kildare a shout? Mayo are playing different players every week so he may opt to go with his best 15, if he knows it. KILDARE TO WIN.

Donegal may have to win to stay up V Armagh who want to get to a league final(?). These 2 meet each other in C'ship also so it could be shadow boxing. Donegal are playing horrible defensive football again so ARMAGH TO WIN.

Monaghan are at home to an improving Dublin. Both have to win, this will be the game of the day as both go for the win. DUBLIN TO SHADE IT.

Armagh and Kerry into Div.1 league final.
Donegal and Monaghan to be relegated.

They really don't.
We would love to. But can't see us going all guns blazing with our championship team. Still fancy us to nick a win either way.

The supporters would love to, doubt the team would want to go full pelt against Kerry prior to Championship, Armagh will have had a great year staying in Division one and making an Ulster Final.

the goal was on

Dublins defense still looks very suspect. Mc Manus could have a field day and save the day again for the farney

StephenC

I expect Donegal to crush Armagh. The flowing, attacking football we've played all year will allow us to dominate ... we are playing in a ground that's a total fortress for us ... we have a great balance across our whole team and are not dependent on any one player. Easy home win for us.

LCohen

Quote from: StephenC on March 25, 2022, 01:43:47 PM
I expect Donegal to crush Armagh. The flowing, attacking football we've played all year will allow us to dominate ... we are playing in a ground that's a total fortress for us ... we have a great balance across our whole team and are not dependent on any one player. Easy home win for us.

Very good. Spoken like a Russia Donegal Today broadcaster

yellowcard

Quote from: balladmaker on March 24, 2022, 06:36:09 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on March 24, 2022, 04:13:51 PM
Kerry surely will give their squad a run in a meaningless game V Tyrone? This allows Tyrone swoop in for a win and retain Div.1. TYRONE TO WIN.

Same for Mayo??.. which gives Kildare a shout? Mayo are playing different players every week so he may opt to go with his best 15, if he knows it. KILDARE TO WIN.

Donegal may have to win to stay up V Armagh who want to get to a league final(?). These 2 meet each other in C'ship also so it could be shadow boxing. Donegal are playing horrible defensive football again so ARMAGH TO WIN.

Monaghan are at home to an improving Dublin. Both have to win, this will be the game of the day as both go for the win. DUBLIN TO SHADE IT.

Jack O'Connor didn't give his squad much of a run in the McGrath cup so I doubt he'll do it this weekend. He'll want to keep the unbeaten run going and bring that momentum into the championship

Farrandeelin has posted up the Mayo team, the main question is how many of that team will start against Galway on April 24th, Rob Hennelly,Diarmuid O'Connor will be back in but its looking doubtful that Cillian O'Connor will feature having missed all of the league. Kildare's need is greater in this game and should grab at least a draw.

On Donegal they look so disorganised, defence is too loose their attacking play is relying on individual moments and their record in Letterkenny is poor. Armagh will be more than delighted get a 3rd year in Div 1 and have a decent chance of reaching the final. Scores have dried up in recent weeks for them.

I'd agreed Monaghan v Dublin is probably the game of the day. Can Banty pull the rabbit out of the hat? last year they stayed up by the skin of their teeth but helped by Galway who really should have won.

Not only can Banty pull the rabbit out of the hat, it mightn't even be the same rabbit that was put into the hat in the first place :-) I wouldn't put it past him to contrive a grinding one point win.

You just don't know what Monaghan team are going to turn up. The side that broke Donegals 12 year unbeaten record in Ballybofey or the side that capitulated tamely against kildare.

Relegation has looked inevitable for a good few years now as McManus, Hughes, Wylie, Walsh etc all age at the same time and other players have since retired, yet they continue to remain at the top table and often by the skin of their teeth. I don't expect them to beat Dublin but you can not rule it out either. Perhaps there will be one last hurrah in division one for Banty's men and it would be worth seeing it just to hear his interview afterwards. 

Captain Obvious

Quote from: yellowcard on March 25, 2022, 02:25:58 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on March 24, 2022, 06:36:09 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on March 24, 2022, 04:13:51 PM

Jack O'Connor didn't give his squad much of a run in the McGrath cup so I doubt he'll do it this weekend. He'll want to keep the unbeaten run going and bring that momentum into the championship

Farrandeelin has posted up the Mayo team, the main question is how many of that team will start against Galway on April 24th, Rob Hennelly,Diarmuid O'Connor will be back in but its looking doubtful that Cillian O'Connor will feature having missed all of the league. Kildare's need is greater in this game and should grab at least a draw.

On Donegal they look so disorganised, defence is too loose their attacking play is relying on individual moments and their record in Letterkenny is poor. Armagh will be more than delighted get a 3rd year in Div 1 and have a decent chance of reaching the final. Scores have dried up in recent weeks for them.

I'd agreed Monaghan v Dublin is probably the game of the day. Can Banty pull the rabbit out of the hat? last year they stayed up by the skin of their teeth but helped by Galway who really should have won.

Not only can Banty pull the rabbit out of the hat, it mightn't even be the same rabbit that was put into the hat in the first place :-) I wouldn't put it past him to contrive a grinding one point win.

You just don't know what Monaghan team are going to turn up. The side that broke Donegals 12 year unbeaten record in Ballybofey or the side that capitulated tamely against kildare.

Relegation has looked inevitable for a good few years now as McManus, Hughes, Wylie, Walsh etc all age at the same time and other players have since retired, yet they continue to remain at the top table and often by the skin of their teeth. I don't expect them to beat Dublin but you can not rule it out either. Perhaps there will be one last hurrah in division one for Banty's men and it would be worth seeing it just to hear his interview afterwards.

Would be some job trying to get him for a interview as he'll likely run around the field bare chested and climbing the goal posts.

Main Street

Quote from: KickPass on March 25, 2022, 09:14:05 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 25, 2022, 09:10:21 AM
Quote from: Main Street on March 24, 2022, 06:40:40 PM
Philly McMahon thinks that like any fan, 'Dublin fans won't like to see a Dublin team being relegated  but with the big base that Dublin has, the fans would be unhappy with that.'
First I thought he was saying that relegation would be more of a problem for Dublin because due to their large fanbase the unhappiness would weigh heavier in the metropolis than in counties with a lesser fanbase.
But it's more that Dublin fans would also be unhappy with relegation because there are a lot of them.
Does he not mean big base as in playing numbers?

I think he is insinuating that the fair-weather fan-base, which makes up the vast majority of Dublin fans, may disappear again
Probably Armagh18 is right, Philly's more likely to be referring to the large pool of players. It would be equally true though if he had said 
"Dublin fans won't like to see a Dublin team being relegated,  but with the big bank account that Dublin has, the fans would be unhappy with that"

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/the-throw-in/it-will-feel-like-the-world-has-ended-as-a-dublin-fan-if-we-get-relegated-philly-mcmahon-on-dubs-survival-bid-41483420.html

seafoid

Dublin and Tyrone both took it handy in the early rounds but stopped arsing around by halfway. Monaghan were unlucky in the draw.

tyrone08

Are any of the games on TV. See the Dublin game is on tg4 but is that it?

Gael85

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 25, 2022, 11:34:40 AM
Quote from: KickPass on March 25, 2022, 09:14:05 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 25, 2022, 09:10:21 AM
Quote from: Main Street on March 24, 2022, 06:40:40 PM
Philly McMahon thinks that like any fan, 'Dublin fans won't like to see a Dublin team being relegated  but with the big base that Dublin has, the fans would be unhappy with that.'
First I thought he was saying that relegation would be more of a problem for Dublin because due to their large fanbase the unhappiness would weigh heavier in the metropolis than in counties with a lesser fanbase.
But it's more that Dublin fans would also be unhappy with relegation because there are a lot of them.
Does he not mean big base as in playing numbers?

I think he is insinuating that the fair-weather fan-base, which makes up the vast majority of Dublin fans, may disappear again

The attendance at the Donegal game was 15k.

I think some of them might have already disappeared.

If Dublin did end up in Divison 2 you wonder if some of their games might end up back in Parnell Park.

Was a round of club games played last Sunday morning/afternoon in Dublin which wouldn't have helped the attendance.

Blowitupref

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 25, 2022, 04:40:21 PM
That's it for division one games. Div 2 relegation decider Offaly v Cork is live on the TG4 app
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Armagh18

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 25, 2022, 04:52:29 PM
That's it for division one games. Div 2 relegation decider Offaly v Cork is live on the TG4 app
thats poor

Main Street

I see the Kerry game didn't make the schedule.

LCohen

Tg4 are hardly in a position to broadcast multiple games and the games have to be played at the same time.