NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

They had all the broadcast structure in place in Clones for a quality live broadcast (Gaago standards notwithstanding), a small fortune had already been spent and all the tv viewers fans got in return was a brief 5 mins of highlights and lowlights.

full moon

Tv Rights deals need overhaul, nobody took over Eirsport package, they showed 2-4 games on a Saturday alone. New BBC iPlayer deal is not available to Southern counties, not sure why it isn't on BBC2 NI? Next game Armagh Monaghan is on iPlayer hidden away from the public.

As for highlights, not feasible to shove all hurling, football, camogie ladies football into an hour or so highlights package. Its a shame Virgin media have no interest as RTE aren't providing enough coverage.

Captain Scarlet

Virgin Media do have interest but RTÉ and Sky are there for the current packages.
I'd like to see them back at it. Like it's the same technical crew and they can have their pick of pundits.

I don't know why they don't even do extended highlights on the Player.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Captain Scarlet

Are the Tyrone boys appealing or will they be missing for the Kildare match?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

yellowcard

Armagh v Monaghan
Dublin v Mayo
Kerry v Donegal
Tyrone v Kildare

You would feel that were Armagh to beat Monaghan then it will almost certainly guarantee their safety for another season with 4 games to spare. That would be huge in terms of being afforded the opportunity to experiment tactically and personnel wise for the remaining games.

The other interesting game in terms of relegation is the Kildare v Tyrone match. You would feel that the loser of that match will be under big pressure to stay up. Tyrone haven't looked in good shape at all and without the 4 suspended players it is no certainty that they will beat a big athletic Kildare side. 

armaghniac

Quote from: yellowcard on February 14, 2022, 12:58:16 PM
Armagh v Monaghan

You would feel that were Armagh to beat Monaghan then it will almost certainly guarantee their safety for another season with 4 games to spare. That would be huge in terms of being afforded the opportunity to experiment tactically and personnel wise for the remaining games.

In the league you often get variation in performance because of the training regime, when teams put in the stamina work for later in the season. If Armagh squeeze past Monaghan then they could entirely focus their training regime on performance in the championship as they might well pick up another point somewhere anyway and relegation would not be an issue. Whereas Dublin are under a bit of pressure to win the next couple of games, owing to their slow start.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

delgany

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on February 14, 2022, 12:34:17 PM
Are the Tyrone boys appealing or will they be missing for the Kildare match?

Appeals being heard tonight -

APM

Are Armagh appealing Greg McCabe's red card?

Captain Scarlet

How are Mayo fixed for Saturday evening v the Dubs?

Hound

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on February 14, 2022, 04:19:40 PM
Oisin Mullin, Ruane and Kev McLoughlin supposed to be back available for Mayo.

Hopefully Con back for Dublin after injury, but haven't heard news either way.

Conor Lane ref  :'(

Tubberman

Quote from: Hound on February 14, 2022, 05:16:22 PM

David Gough is ref I think?
McLoughlin has only rejoined the squad in past week so won't be starting anyway - few mins in second half possibly
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Hound

Quote from: Tubberman on February 14, 2022, 05:33:18 PM
Quote from: Hound on February 14, 2022, 05:16:22 PM

David Gough is ref I think?
McLoughlin has only rejoined the squad in past week so won't be starting anyway - few mins in second half possibly
Interesting re Gough. Not sure whether I just picked that up wrong or if there's been a change.
But either way, he has been 'rewarded' with the high profile game live on RTE after how he dealt with the melee last week. The Dublin and Mayo lads had best keep their handbags at home!

An Watcher

I see all Tyrones red cards have been upheld.  If there is any foul play whatsoever I'll be expecting red cards to be dished out now.  God knows how this'll turn out but I'll be keeping a close eye

RedHand88

There won't be red cards for melees this weekend, no point kidding yourself. There was a melee in the hurling at the weekend and only 1 red was dished out (hegarty for what was a deliberate hit with the hurl).

The rest of them who were pushing, wrestling, grabbing face masks etc walked away scot free.

People accuse northerners and Tyrone in particular of having a chip on their shoulder but maybe look at cases like this and ask yourself why?

full moon

How long are those bans? Are they still 4 weeks or is it just one match?