Ulster Club SFC 2021

Started by general_lee, November 14, 2021, 07:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

https://ulster.gaa.ie/2021/12/details-of-ulster-club-football-semi-finals-fixtures-confirmed/

Clann Eireann v Derrygonnelly Sat 18th @ 6.30pm in Breffni

Glen v Kilcoo, Sunday 19th @ 4pm in Athletic Grounds

Two TV matches I'd imagine with that scheduling.

yellowcard

Quote from: bennydorano on December 08, 2021, 07:08:39 PM
https://ulster.gaa.ie/2021/12/details-of-ulster-club-football-semi-finals-fixtures-confirmed/

That's some journey for Clann Eireann to travel. Both under floodlights and should be 2 fairly evenly matched games.

SHEEDY

Niall McCoy on twitter saying that he doesn't think Glen/kilcoo is scheduled for tv
nil satis nisi optimum

timmyot501

According to hoganstand fixtures for Sat 18th Dec

Leinster Club SFC semi-finals
Portarlington (Laois) v Kilmacud Crokes (Dublin), Croke Park, 5pm - RTE
Shelmaliers (Wexford) v Naas (Kildare), Croke Park, 3.15pm - RTE

bennydorano

There'll be some crowd at Glen game if it's not on TV, but those TV schedules change all the time

yellowcard

Quote from: SHEEDY on December 08, 2021, 10:26:43 PM

Niall McCoy on twitter saying that he doesn't think Glen/kilcoo is scheduled for tv

That would be madness, this is probably the most eagerly anticipated club game of the year.

rodney trotter

Why do the BBC not show the Ulster Club?,can't be reliant on TG4 and RTE when there is 3 other provinces to show aswell.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 09, 2021, 11:16:14 AM
Why do the BBC not show the Ulster Club?,can't be reliant on TG4 and RTE when there is 3 other provinces to show aswell.

Or even UTV for that matter, wouldn't cost that much to run, as for the BBC our tv licence would need to cover both sides, even put it on their APP
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Silver hill

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 09, 2021, 11:20:13 AM

Or even UTV for that matter, wouldn't cost that much to run, as for the BBC our tv licence would need to cover both sides, even put it on their APP

I think it's because rte/tG4 have paid for the rights to any club football

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Silver hill on December 09, 2021, 02:04:46 PM

Do they show games on their live streaming apps/players?

befair

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 09, 2021, 02:34:05 PM
Quote from: Silver hill on December 09, 2021, 02:04:46 PM

Don't know who advises RTE; the Kilcoo/Ramore game was obviously going to the most uncompetitive

Do they show games on their live streaming apps/players?

Too many steps

[/quote]

No chance of UTV showing any live local sport in foreseeable future. Bought over by ITV about 5 years ago. They're basically just a regional news and current affairs producer now.

To get any live local sport on UTV now, ITV sport would have to be interested and as a London based commercial operation that's not likely to happen.