Are we all cheering for England today?

Started by thewobbler, December 02, 2010, 10:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

The Beeb are saying England got TWO votes. No likes them. They care.

Edit: they'll feel a bit better at the news that Australia only got one vote. A 2-1 win in the Ashes would do nicely :)

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 02, 2010, 04:40:52 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on December 02, 2010, 04:37:28 PM
Wanted England to get it for the novelty.

Wished i could support someone else all week when listening to the press.

as the day progressed, listening to the shite and delusion on bbc 5live, i wanted russia to win it.

5 live have been an absolute disgrace since the verdict. openly questioning the integrity and ideals of everyone from blatter, platini (wtf?) to individual delegates and abrahmovic.

They seen to be under the impression that the capacity to host a world cup successfully should be down to a final day presentation and the number of celbrities they can line up. they have been a joke for months with changes in their bid leadership and members, not to mention a press that did not want the tournament until the last few days.

Russia wanted this from the get go. they lobbied and worked inside fifa - the way to influence any policial decision - and when you add in the financial muscle they put behind their bid there was probably only ever going to be one winner.
What if thats the truth? I certainly would be thinking the same, the voting process has nothing to with which bid is the best.

What if it's not?
Have you fully acquainted yourself with the bid amd voting processes? you'd be one of the few.

Quote from: ross4life on December 02, 2010, 04:43:48 PM
It's well known blatter, platini have a dislike for everything England.

What's platini got to do with it?

Almost everyone i know has a dislike for everything england. Is that illegal? They've certainly worked hard for that dislike...

ross4life

Quote from: deiseach on December 02, 2010, 05:01:48 PM
The Beeb are saying England got TWO votes. No likes them. They care.

Jaysus i wonder who the two were? & i wonder who voted for Qatar & why

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Rd 1

England 2 votes Holland 4 Spain 7 Russia 9

rd2

Russia 13 Spain 7 Holland 2

Would love to hear FIFA explain how fans are to deal with the Qatar 2022?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

DuffleKing

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on December 02, 2010, 05:06:10 PM

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 02, 2010, 04:40:52 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on December 02, 2010, 04:37:28 PM
Wanted England to get it for the novelty.

Wished i could support someone else all week when listening to the press.

as the day progressed, listening to the shite and delusion on bbc 5live, i wanted russia to win it.

5 live have been an absolute disgrace since the verdict. openly questioning the integrity and ideals of everyone from blatter, platini (wtf?) to individual delegates and abrahmovic.

They seen to be under the impression that the capacity to host a world cup successfully should be down to a final day presentation and the number of celbrities they can line up. they have been a joke for months with changes in their bid leadership and members, not to mention a press that did not want the tournament until the last few days.

Russia wanted this from the get go. they lobbied and worked inside fifa - the way to influence any policial decision - and when you add in the financial muscle they put behind their bid there was probably only ever going to be one winner.
What if thats the truth? I certainly would be thinking the same, the voting process has nothing to with which bid is the best.

What if it's not?
Have you fully acquainted yourself with the bid amd voting processes? you'd be one of the few.

Quote from: ross4life on December 02, 2010, 04:43:48 PM
It's well known blatter, platini have a dislike for everything England.

What's platini got to do with it?

Almost everyone i know has a dislike for everything england. Is that illegal? They've certainly worked hard for that dislike...

Beat me to it. Why do we take at face value the british press's assertion that the world governing body of the biggest sport in the world in a corrupt ceespit of underhandedness and manipulators, full of johnny foreigners out to get the English. The FA have done more than most national associations to piss FIFA off over the years so their hardly gonn get favours.

DuffleKing

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 02, 2010, 05:09:54 PM
Rd 1

rd2

Holland lost votes between the first and second rounds?

SLIGONIAN

Austrailia only got 1 vote for the 2022 bid, unreal stuff. :o

ross4life

Sligonian i know of the extreme heat in Qatar but humidity shouldn't be a problem like Orlando?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: DuffleKing on December 02, 2010, 05:13:04 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 02, 2010, 05:09:54 PM
Rd 1

rd2

Holland lost votes between the first and second rounds?
Correct changed there votes to Russia to be on the winning horse.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on December 02, 2010, 05:13:29 PM
Sligonian i know of the extreme heat in Qatar but humidity shouldn't be a problem like Orlando?
Qatar is surrounded by the sea, doha is right on it, i remember at night i had to have the wipers on the car there so much moisture in the air, Humidity is variable, but during the day its a dead kinda of heat so so its only humid at dust and dawn more so, in the heat of the day you will sweat like crazy no matter what. I cant see people surviving the heat.

illdecide

F**K me Sligonian will ya give it a rest about fans and heat :D...Who gives a f**k we'll not be there
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: illdecide on December 02, 2010, 05:23:42 PM
F**K me Sligonian will ya give it a rest about fans and heat :D...Who gives a f**k we'll not be there
Good point :D

Gabriel_Hurl

My company is working on the construction of Lusail City - where tha National Stadium and World Cup Final will be held - so I'm happy enough out - might ask for a transfer over for a year or two

deiseach

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 02, 2010, 05:31:16 PM
My company is working on the construction of Lusail City - where tha National Stadium and World Cup Final will be held - so I'm happy enough out - might ask for a transfer over for a year or two

Typical corrupt Johnny Foreigner :D

red hander

Remember the shite we had to listen to during Euro 96

... all together now ... "It's not coming home, it's not coming home, it's not coming, football's not coming home..."