Its snowing!

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, February 20, 2010, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzz

Theres plenty of people looking work at that moment - your right in what you are saying!  They should have got people in to even answer the calls...regardless of what they were able to do or not as there will only be enough foot soldiers to do the work.

A voice is better than listening to the engaged tone!

Square Ball

Quote from: Muzz on December 28, 2010, 02:32:34 PM
Theres plenty of people looking work at that moment - your right in what you are saying!  They should have got people in to even answer the calls...regardless of what they were able to do or not as there will only be enough foot soldiers to do the work.

A voice is better than listening to the engaged tone!
got past the engaged tone and now in the queue, the news section of their site showing this:
Interruption to Water Supplies - Update
28 December 2010

NI Water is dealing with interruptions to water supplies across a large number of areas in the province as a result of the severe weather and on-going thaw.

As a result of the high water demand being experienced (primarily due to a number of bursts to private supplies), a number of our reservoirs are currently at low water levels and we are trying to rezone and recharge the water network. NI Water have to alternate supplies from our reservoirs therefore customers will experience a loss of water for a period of time, however it is anticipated that this interruption will only last a number of hours and water will be restored to customers in a timely manner.

The main areas that are affected at present due to the alternating of water supplies are as follows:

• Lisburn BT27 & BT28
• Antrim BT17
• Belfast BT4, BT5, BT6, BT11, BT13 & BT18
• Crumlin BT29
• Templepatrick BT39
• Newtownabbey BT36
• Kilkeel town and surrounds
• Hilltown area
• Newtownhamilton area
• Newry (affecting the following areas Killian Bridge, Dublin Rd., Cloughue area)

It is anticipated that the areas outlined above will be back in supply between 6 - 8pm tonight.

The following areas will be affected as a result of alternating supplies later on today Tuesday 28th December:

• Rathfriland (affecting Moneyslane, Katesbridge and Annaclone)
• Newry BT34(affecting the following areas Rathfriland Rd., Upper Damolly Rd., Crieve Rd., Ashgrove, Belfast Rd., Shandon Park, Damolly Village, Fullerton Rd., Barley Lane, Monkshill area, Lurganare, Donaghmore, The Glen)
• Kilkeel area
• Mullabawn (Annacloughmullion area)
• Newtownhamilton (Knockovannon area)
• Castlewellan Town & area
• Banbridge BT32
• South Armagh BT35
• Warrenpoint
• Hilltown
• Mayobridge

We would strongly urge all customers and property owners to check their premises, including vacant buildings, outbuildings and animal drinking troughs for any leaks and arrange for them to be repaired as soon as possible. We are noticing that the majority of the leaks in the water system are currently on the customers' private water supply side. We would also ask customers to conserve their use of water during this period of disruption in order to allow us to fully recharge our water network. This will allow us to maximize the quantity of water available to all our customers across the province.

Due to the unprecedented high volume of calls a number of customers have experienced a longer waiting time than usual and we apologise for this inconvenience.

Customers should also refer to the News section of the NI Water website www.niwater.com for further information on the locations for bottled water.

NI Water would like to thank our customers for their patience while we answer their calls and work to restore full supplies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No mention of BT7 >:(
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

No bottled water anywhere over here, got some fro the Water service depot but they are limited to 3 per house hold :o

Muzz

Wheres the depot at?

Havent seen anything on lower ormeau!

Square Ball

Quote from: Muzz on December 28, 2010, 03:27:44 PM
Wheres the depot at?

Havent seen anything on lower ormeau!

Depot is in North belfast, the address has disapperared of the site FFS
but here it is  Westland House, Old Westland Road, Belfast, BT146TE, Tel: +44 (0)8457 440088 | Fax: +44 (0)2890354798

Muzz

Water collection centres
NI Water depot, 1A Belt Road, Londonderry
NI Water depot, Seagoe Industrial Estate, Craigavon,
Old Westland Road, Belfast
NI Water Depot, 69 Gortin Road, Omagh
Castlederg Enterprise Centre
NI Water Depot, Erne House, Killyhevlin
Ballykeel depot, Ballymena
Depot, Park Road, Strabane
Derrygannon Community Hall, Eshnadarragh, Roslea
The Civic Centre, Gortgonis
NIW Depot, Huntley Rd, Banbridge
Purdysburn Service Reservoir, Alderwood Hill
The Town Square, Portaferry

clarshack

there was no water in the ballymena depot at 3.00pm.

coalisland doesnt seem to be in their list of affected areas any more but our water is still off.

tyrone girl

Everywhere in Coalisland is still off though no mention of it there. Sinn Fein were giving out water this morning apparently. Its really doing my head in at this stage  >:(

Puckoon

People at home drink too much tea.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: tyrone girl on December 28, 2010, 05:21:28 PM
Everywhere in Coalisland is still off though no mention of it there. Sinn Fein were giving out water this morning apparently. Its really doing my head in at this stage  >:(
I'm sure some of the lads here would let you hop into their shower.

I've been sick all Christmas and was planning to have a few cans of Guinness tonight but I can't be sure if I'll be able to shift the load in the morning.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 28, 2010, 05:46:43 PM
Quote from: tyrone girl on December 28, 2010, 05:21:28 PM
I'm sure some of the lads here would let you hop into their shower.

I've been sick all Christmas and was planning to have a few cans of Guinness tonight but I can't be sure if I'll be able to shift the load in the morning.

Just give back to nature?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Take Your Points on December 28, 2010, 05:57:53 PM
Isn't it strange that no one on the Board has yet to suggest that the Minister in charge should walk?  Four years in charge and the second hard winter leave little room for excuses that it was the British.  Surely there can be little reason left for avoiding water charges to bring in the upgrades needed in the infrastructure.

I'd never blame the British for us having no water in Dublin.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Take Your Points on December 28, 2010, 05:57:53 PM
Isn't it strange that no one on the Board has yet to suggest that the Minister in charge should walk?  Four years in charge and the second hard winter leave little room for excuses that it was the British.  Surely there can be little reason left for avoiding water charges to bring in the upgrades needed in the infrastructure.
Funny I just watched him and Marty on the news there and was wondering when the excuses would end. NI Water have assured him they were working flat out - grand Conor, that's reassuring to the people without water this past 11 days.

Rather than paying water rates to improve the water infrastructure Alex Atwood wants an extra £350 to be paid in winter. Of course he wants the Brits to foot the bill.

bennydorano

Yis will get ur wish for Water charges ok, but you'll have to wait until after the Assembly elections. Will there be any appreciable difference thou? I doubt if the GB experience is anything to go by. Freak weather conditions will still catch us unawares as well, people have to accept that, especially in the current Economic environment.