Its snowing!

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, February 20, 2010, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Christmas holidays today, 3 long weeks ahead, sitting here in shorts and t-shorts enjoying a cold beer after a brilliant swim. Waves were massive ;D

Harold Disgracey

Those of us in are going, the rest have rebooked for January.

ziggysego

This snowed in milarky is getting boring now. I think I'll watch Elf now.
Testing Accessibility

omagh_gael

I can't remember this much snow in all my 27 years! A good 8/9 inches now in omagh, cars stuck all over the place and all roads covered in the stuff. Wouldn't like to see it out in the sticks!

ziggysego

I heard the middle of Omagh was closed off this morning, as there was that much snow and people were having accidents outside the Court House.

I'm completely snowed in here, with no hope of moving in the near future. I'd a torture of a time, getting into the house last night, as I posted earlier.
Testing Accessibility

Rois

I've a set of skis in my shed I'm willing to part with if anyone wants them. 

haranguerer

maggie

Heaviest snowfall in 25yrs according to the lunchtime news. 

Rois

Yep, seriously.

Pair of heated ski boots to go with them, all sized up and ready to go!

They've been sitting in my shed unused for the last two years.

supersarsfields

Booked onto the ferry tonight. Landing in Dublin at 00.45. Then have to drive to Omagh with a stop of in Teemore.

Anyone know what the roads are like down round Fermanagh direction heading for Omagh?

Or am I right in thinking the roads everywere are just crazy?

haranguerer

U ruled out ever going skiing again, Rois? Ebay would get you a few quid for them surely? Otherwise...where are you?

Denn Forever

People go on skiing holidays. 

How do other countries manage?

Also with all this bad weather coming from the North pole, I take it the Polar Bears are not in as much danger from melting ice caps?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Denn Forever

Quote from: omagh_gael on December 17, 2010, 01:15:57 PM
I can't remember this much snow in all my 27 years! A good 8/9 inches now in omagh, cars stuck all over the place and all roads covered in the stuff. Wouldn't like to see it out in the sticks!

Quote from: supersarsfields on December 17, 2010, 01:43:49 PM
Booked onto the ferry tonight. Landing in Dublin at 00.45. Then have to drive to Omagh with a stop of in Teemore.

Anyone know what the roads are like down round Fermanagh direction heading for Omagh?

Or am I right in thinking the roads everywere are just crazy?

Take it handy.  Can you hang around in Dublin until daybreak?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

crossdoesitbest

Hardly any snow here in South Armagh. From all the other posts on here, i do'nt know how we missed it so far but I expect it'll be here shortly! Baton down the hatches and make sure there are plenty of supplies in, ie Carlsberg and other such necessities!

Rois

Quote from: haranguerer on December 17, 2010, 01:46:15 PM
U ruled out ever going skiing again, Rois? Ebay would get you a few quid for them surely? Otherwise...where are you?

I go skiing at least twice a year, but got some much nicer girlie turquoise and white ski boots, and found that carrying skis was the biggest pain in the ass so I always rent now. 
The skis are a bit too long for me, bought them off a friend, and am happy to give them and the size 9 heated ski boots away to anyone who might like them.  Can't even be bothered going through ebay as postage would be a nightmare.  Free to anyone who wants to pick them up.