Frankie Boyle

Started by T Fearon, July 20, 2009, 11:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandino

I have to say that I thought Frankie was brilliant on Mock the Week. Even when he crossed the line his remarks were almost always exceptionally funny. I do think that recently he has been struggling; the problem was that he kept using the same gags over and over again. He is still however one of the funniest blokes on television.

I think there are two issues around his remarks about Katie Price's son Harvey. The first is that there were plenty of warnings about the content of the show so I don't think people can complain when he is outrageous.

The second point is around whether it is acceptable to make jokes about special needs children. For some people all topics are fair game for comedy and I put myself in this category. However I think the joke about a special needs child raping its mother was just not funny. I would worry about anyone who thought that it was.
If it's funny keep it in the show. 

What will the repercussions be for Frankie, look what happened Jonathon and Russell.

BTW, I may have to support Frankie on this as I have seen that the Daily Mail is outraged by the whole thing.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

anglocelt39

BTW, I may have to support Frankie on this as I have seen that the Daily Mail is outraged by the whole thing.

Same thought had occurred to me I must admit. Also overlooked the fact that Tory Fearon is keeping a close eye on his party publication. How long will it be before the bold TF starts an outraged thread about the 7 billion bailout himself and his fellow citizens are providing to the feckless denizens of Eire?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

mylestheslasher

Disabled children are defenceless and innocent and often can't speak to defend themselves. Mocking them crosses my own personal line of taste (and believe me i'd be fairly liberal on most jokes). One other point I would make is that Boyle could have made this joke about an anonymus disabled child in another way but instead choose to personalise it by naming names. I hope for his sake there is no such thing as karma.

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 09, 2010, 11:20:56 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on December 09, 2010, 11:16:16 PM
Just because it's uncomfortable doesn't mean that it's not humorous (as guilty as we may feel about finding it funny afterwards)

Exactly, that's why they are called jokes.
I really fail to see how anyone is impressed by his brand of comedy. I read an interview with him in The Sunday Times a few weeks ago and he came across without wit or talent. Mock The Week was scripted, his standup is obviously scripted as his new show is. Hardly a razor sharp wit when he needs to spend weeks creating his "jokes". I think the constant need to shock is pretty boring and sad for a man of his age - could see it in a teenager but at his age his constant attention seeking generates yawns instead of laughs.

ONeill

Just finished watching his two shows on 4oD. He is fantastic at the quick wit material when he engages the front row. Brilliant.

However, he has descended into solely sexual material which is starting to grate.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

A bit like when o neill laughs at your jokes!
That was never a square ball!!

Sandino

The show is being repeated at the moment with no cuts,  its still not very funny although the Stephen Hawking piece made me smile. He seems to be only targeting the easy targets.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on December 10, 2010, 11:35:34 PM
He has a face like a goat's arse 3 hours after it has done a runny shite while sitting on a rock.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe..............

hahahahhaha. I like the way you wrote that.

ONeill

ziggysego

This will make you laugh ONeill. I learned today that Tony Fearon is originally from Tyrone.
Testing Accessibility

BennyHarp

Deadly stuff lads! So unpredictable!! Sid Little and Eddie Large would be so proud!
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

Quote from: ziggysego on December 11, 2010, 12:48:22 AM
This will make you laugh ONeill. I learned today that Tony Fearon is originally from Tyrone.

I think for all parties concerned, this information should not be leaked.

muppet

Quote from: ziggysego on December 11, 2010, 12:48:22 AM

Shur we all guessed that.

So are GNevin, Peter Solan The Great and Mikey Sheehy.
MWWSI 2017

bennydorano

Tramadol nights has been suprisingly good IMO, not an overly big fan of FB, but its good.  Joke are Jokes, i've yet to hear one that makes me want to complain (apart from shitness). Jordan's got every right to be pissed of thou, when he came out with it, I just thought to myself, you're just being a tosser there FB, there's very little value to be had from it.