Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on July 27, 2009, 10:50:41 PM
So yous have to win your last game against Drumlane to progress? Should b an interesting one considering the past history between the 2 clubs!
I wonder is there any word from the meeting tonight yet? Just heard there who the Oxygen Four are! Im sure people hav already heard who most of them are anyway. People can say what they like about amateur players should b allowed do what they like but at the end of the day I think it is a disgrace and them boys need to hav a serious look at themselves.If my club was playin the same weekend,I wouldnt dream of going near a gig the day before.
Yea we need to win while a draw would be enough for them... Should make for an interesting one alright!!
Still haven't heard who the Oxegen Four are - wasn't really following it with the club games at the wkend, let me get this straight they were there the day before they were playing Wicklow - did they stay the night there??
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

boojangles

Quote from: Celt_Man on July 27, 2009, 11:20:27 PM
Quote from: boojangles on July 27, 2009, 10:50:41 PM
So yous have to win your last game against Drumlane to progress? Should b an interesting one considering the past history between the 2 clubs!
I wonder is there any word from the meeting tonight yet? Just heard there who the Oxygen Four are! Im sure people hav already heard who most of them are anyway. People can say what they like about amateur players should b allowed do what they like but at the end of the day I think it is a disgrace and them boys need to hav a serious look at themselves.If my club was playin the same weekend,I wouldnt dream of going near a gig the day before.
Yea we need to win while a draw would be enough for them... Should make for an interesting one alright!!
Still haven't heard who the Oxegen Four are - wasn't really following it with the club games at the wkend, let me get this straight they were there the day before they were playing Wicklow - did they stay the night there??
One of them stayed in Dublin I believe.Not sure about the other 3.I sincerely doubt that any of them camped out,if they did then they need their heads examined. Ah Im gone past caring anymore,Cavan football has been dragged through the mud again. It was on RTE news there that Carr will b in the job for at least another week as some clubs couldnt vote on it,as they hadnt a mandate from their members,which is fair enough.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: RednBlack on July 25, 2009, 10:07:28 PM
Ballyhaiseman or Senor BHM we should call you. That was like a Barca Madrid derby in our place today!!! Costa del Crubany in the damp!! Them Drumalee boys didn't let ye get moving at all. Thought Cullivan was poor. The young boy needs to be left alone and not be getting those Daddy pep talks/dressing downs after games.

Thought there was going to be  Ballinagh incident at half time with the pile up

Yeh the Spanish students were there supporting us,
I didnt notice them much,then again you wouldnt really during a game situation.
I thought Ray was one of our better performers to be fair,even though he did kick a few frees wide.It was a poor game overall,neither team got going.
Tough game now against Lavey,who were terribly impressive against the Leaguers.

put-it-up

I dunno lads, it all comes down to who has the four and the six. Like if there was a couple of pound in it for me I would do it.

Imagine going all in on pair of aces and not winning - absolute joke.

And Carr thinks he has it bad....

Blue06

IMO Carr should leave now rather than drag this on.

However what I find even more shocking is this U turn by the executive.

Last Wednesday they apparently voted 19 to 1 to remove Carr and then at the weekend under a 'secret ballot' they vote to keep him in. ::)

Why a secret ballot?
Do these people have no backbone to say what they think?
Last Wed. did they simply row in behind those making the noise?

mylestheslasher

Its a circus over at the CB - from hoganstand.

Carr's fate still hangs in the balance

Cavan manager Tommy Carr
28 July 2009

by Shane Corrigan

Tommy Carr remains manager of the Cavan senior football team for another week at least after delegates at last night's county board meeting requested more time to seek a mandate from their clubs on a proposed vote of no confidence.

At the meeting, chairman Philip Smith revealed to the floor that both he and secretary Liam McCabe had approached Carr last Friday and suggested he resign his position with immediate effect after the executive of the county board had taken a vote two days previous, which suggested the majority were in favour of a new senior team management.

However, Carr refused to step down and a secret ballot before last night's meeting in the Kilmore Hotel saw the same executive committee make a u-turn on their stance of five days previous, in favour of the current manager being allowed to carry on with the second year of his three-year term.

When put to the floor, there were a number of negative comments made by club delegates, and soon after a vote of no confidence in the team management was proposed and seconded.

However, other delegates were unwilling to put forth a show of hands to the executive on the matter until receiving a mandate from their respective clubs.

Now, and over the next seven days, clubs in Cavan will decide the future of the team management's position, as a decisive meeting will take place next Tuesday, August 4, where one representative from each of the 40 clubs in the county will be asked to vote 'for' or 'against' Carr and his management team continuing on in their tenure.

boojangles

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 28, 2009, 10:27:07 AM
Quote from: Blue06 on July 28, 2009, 10:04:27 AM
IMO Carr should leave now rather than drag this on.

I agree with this it would look better on Carr if he left now and it is not possible for him to keep working here after all this anyway. 

On the oxygen 3 or 4 or however many there are i named one that camped out on the thursday night and then went to dublin on the friday night.  Any of these players who were there should not be allowed play for Cavan for at least the next year.  Let them go to what ever concerts they want next year.
I know Barry Watters was there, would he still be a member of the panel even though he is on crutches and out for the year.

I heard Carr on Northern Sound this morning with Joe Finnegan. He came across well TBH,but I just don't know anymore if the whole situation can be rectified. I read a bit about what Liam Bradleys approach was when he first came in in Antrim this year.He took no shit,and pulled boys off Physio Tables.He gave everyone an ultimatum.Is it too late for Carr to take this strict approach??
How come he didnt do this from the start?

Drung

Two of the three names you have listed are wrong Boojangles, you'd want to be careful what you write on here.

jimjim

Think Rory Dunne was one of the players that was at Oxygen !!!!?!?!?

cavan4ever

Quote from: jimjim on July 28, 2009, 12:09:52 PM
Think Rory Dunne was one of the players that was at Oxygen !!!!?!?!?
[/quote
100% correct

boojangles

Quote from: Drung on July 28, 2009, 11:54:08 AM
Two of the three names you have listed are wrong Boojangles, you'd want to be careful what you write on here.

I know who my source is,and if he has it wrong then the County Board has it wrong, put it that way.What makes you so sure? Rory Dunne was mentioned already.

put-it-up

We are a farce!

What happened that made them change their minds?

Lads, I know a lot of key players would like Carr to be given another chance to rectify the situation..Should their opinions not be listened too?

And i really just can't understand lads campin out at Oxegen the night before a game. If a lad from my club team done that I would slap the head of him.

Surely other players would have known what they were up, and should have raised it...Pressure comes from within remember

the salmon of knowledge

2 of the 3 names are wrong bogangles...
and in any case, was cahill a member of the panel at that stage??

boojangles

Cahill came on against Wicklow.

I took the names down.Obviously wouldnt hav put them up if I for one minute questioned where it came from.Somethings not right though.