Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollow Man

My point was that the fact that Jason going off the drink before the championship is deemed noteworthy shows the lack of commitment our county panels have had over the last few years. In any successful county, nobody would ever have to say "AN Other is dedicated, sure he goes off the drink" - that would be a given.

Sorry to have to spell it out yet again Myles. Please pay attention.

mylestheslasher

When I worked in Belturbet a long time ago he used to quit the drink for the whole season. He was a young lad in his mid 20's then so I would call that a fair commitment, especially when a lot of the others were boozing away. Now that might have changed - i don't know.

Denn Forever

Its beginning to rain down here in Cavan. 

Would rain do us any favours?  I dunno.  It might be a leveller.  I'd say enjoy but both neurtral and intetrested bystanders will have to endure.

Ah well, f&ck it, lets enjoy the moment, 1st of many Senior finals.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BallyhaiseMan

Id say rain would do Denn a favour

If Breffini were a mud bath on Sunday you just never know what might happen,

i dont think there will be as much in it as some people are saying, but Gaels by 6 for me.

Best of luck to you and all in Denn though DF.

anglocelt39

Quote from: Hollow Man on October 17, 2008, 12:23:36 PM
My point was that the fact that Jason going off the drink before the championship is deemed noteworthy shows the lack of commitment our county panels have had over the last few years. In any successful county, nobody would ever have to say "AN Other is dedicated, sure he goes off the drink" - that would be a given.

Sorry to have to spell it out yet again Myles. Please pay attention.

Christ Myles thank god somebody got in before me to pull you up on such a ridiculous assertion on your part, don't you know that it's a precondition of membership of any inter county GAA panel that you subscribe to an abstemious lifestyle akin to that of a trappist monk, no exceptions ok, well maybe slight exceptions in the case of Cavan, Roscommon, Donegal, Laois (Football), Limerick, Galway, Waterford (Hurling). F@#k maybe you actually have a point after all, any other panels you can think of that wouldn't be averse to the odd libation???
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

ardmhachaabu08

Any update on Cavan Gaels v Denn ???
Seo libh canaídh Amhrán na bhFiann

Celt_Man

Gaels won 15 points to 7. Didn't sound like a classic then again who knows when you're listening to Northern Sound. He was talkin about horse shoes, police in LA and telegrams and weather reports from London. Never again...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

anglocelt39

Thanks for that CeltMan I suppose it was the result that most people expected while most of us would have been hoping for an upset. Let's see what the Gaels can do in Ulster. As for those tulips on Northern Sound, words do indeed fail you (but not them) by times
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Denn Forever

It wasn't a classic but with the gale that was blowing and overall sh1ttyness of the weather what did you expect?

CG were better drilled and had the look of Tyrone about them, always a man running off the man in possession and skirtting with fouling but never getting over the line. Something you notice all good teams doing.

I'll let them off with their below par performance due to the shocking weather, but I worry about them in Ulster.  They should have put us to the sword and beaten us out of sight.  We were lucky we played with the wind in the first half and so they never got up a head of steam.

Looking at it I wonder why the county team could never seem to play with the same intensity as CG.

Ah well, there is alway next year but with CG winning the minor as well, fair F%cks.

means what he says...

ludermor

Denn Forever,
Is Donnacha and Fergal Brady still playing with Denn?

Denn Forever

means what he says...

Denn Forever

I don't think Donnacha was there and it would be a bit too fast. 

That said he could maybe have played full back and allowed Ciaran McGovern to play further out field where he could have been a threat.  CG were comfortable in defense with Eamonn Reilly always available to mop things up or provide an outlet.

I'll leave it now and mope quietly in a corner.
means what he says...

cavanmaniac

Is there any chance of Ciarán McGovern getting a run with the county or what sort of level is he playing at these days? Is he too old now?

I saw him a few times over the years before decamping to other pastures and he looked a classy player, most of the time. Had a few abberrations last time I saw him mind you...

Hollow Man

Hard luck Denn, missing a few forwards but didn't lack commitment.

Martin Cahill and Thomas Corr about the best for them.

BallyhaiseMan

anyone hold out much hope for the Gaels against St Galls in Casement?