Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Good to see Rory Dunne back, be surprised if he started at half back. I think McEnroe is best suited at Centre back, although he done well when filling in at full back.

Flanagan done well at  corner back last year in the games I saw him play.

mylestheslasher

Maybe, but if I'm picking the team v Armagh it would look something like this..

Gilsenan (see previous opinions of mine on Miller)
McLoughlin
Dunne/McEnroe (have to see more of Dunne, he is injured so much its hard to)
Cillian Clarke
Damian Reilly
Alan Clarke
McCutcheon/Flanagan
McKiernan
Corr
Givney
B Reilly
McKeever
Mackey (free role out the field)
Keating
Dunne

And a very decent bench

tommysmith

All i can say for now is that i hope that team have had some heavy training sessions the last two weeks.

rodney trotter

Bit of a shocker, haven't been that bad since the Kildare annihilation last year. A wake up call going into the Championship. Jamie Clarke will have a field day, if they defend as bad.

BallyhaiseMan

That was deplorable lads,there is no point saying otherwise,It was every bit as bad as the Kildare debacle last year.As i said on the Division 3 thread,the amount of basic errors would have been astounding from a Division 3 club reserve team.
Declan McKiernan was a plus i thought,He caught 2 or 3 terrific balls at midfield and put in a good shift. Ronan Flanagan marked Donie Smith very well and restricted him from open play,Smith scored virtually all his points from placed balls. I hope Hyland experiments with Gearoid at Full forward,Corr and Givney at Centrefield before the Armagh game as i feel that should be the way to go. Declan McKiernan has put himself right into contention for a starting spot also.
I wouldn't be panicking though as i would imagine the team are in the middle of their heavy pre-championship training schedule right now with 7 weeks to go until May 19th.
We should chalk it down to just a bad day at the office. This team has shown its undoubted potential in this league campaign.

Itchy

I hope heavy training is to blame cos that was atrocious

rodney trotter

Flanagan did well to fair I agree, I would probably have him corner back for the Championship, instead of further forward

BallyhaiseMan

1. Conor Gilsenan
2. Jason McLoughlin
3. Killian Clarke
4. Ronan Flanagan
5. John McCutcheon(clearly injured today)
6. Alan Clarke(James McEnroe if Clarke isnt fit)
7. Damien Reily
8. David Givney
9. Mossy Corr
10. Cian Mackey
11. Jack Brady
12. Martin Reily/Barry Reily
13. Martin Dunne
14. Gearoid McKiernan
15. Eugene Keating

That would be my team for the Armagh match.
We could perhaps see Damien Reily moved into the half forward line,with Rory Dunne coming into the backs, Dunne played well enough today i thought when called upon at wing back,even though his markers didn't see much ball.

tommysmith

Do you really think he will leave Podge and Niall McDermott out of the team?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: tommysmith on April 07, 2013, 06:08:05 PM
Do you really think he will leave Podge and Niall McDermott out of the team?

No i don't Tommy. I said that team i named would be the team I would like to see picked.

Itchy

I don't see a place for then two in starting 15 if we have full panel

tommysmith

Quote from: Itchy on April 07, 2013, 07:14:37 PM
I don't see a place for then two in starting 15 if we have full panel

Me either and especially after today but i bet you Terry can.

rodney trotter

Things are not looking so rosy for Donegal U21's ahead of Wednesday http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/22070922

mylestheslasher

Best of luck to  the lads this evening. Thankfully I can make this one! It'll be tough but we can do it!

rodney trotter

Good luck to the lads tonight. Few stats about the u21 final teams tonight
http://www.thescore.ie/young-stars/news/

9 lads involved with Granard in the All Ireland Voc final against Holy Trinity Cookstown on Saturday, I'd expect a few of them to be involved with the Minors, plus a few other players who were missing against Monaghan.

Bit of an over reaction to a few  defeats for the Minors, Judge them on how they play against Armagh