Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Very disappointing to go out in the manner we did today,but if you had told us we would have another Ulster under 21 title at the start of the year,we would have taken it.
A good year for the under 21's overall .
29 days to D-Day.
Lets hope Hyland can boost the seniors now.

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 21, 2012, 09:11:03 PM

Anyone on the terrace today. What a kip of a terrace, can't see the near side line of the pitch.

It's a kip alright and if you are not well over 6tft it was hard to see big areas in the corners.

rodney trotter

Ye should have got tickets for the stand... There was lots of stand tickets left when i got mine on friday. Ross were the better team yesterday. Cavan never looked convincing even when they were ahead early on. The first rosscommon goal came against the run of play as Cavan were in possesion but made a bad mistake which proved costly and they moved it up the field with pace and got a goal from it. Thought Connor Moynagh tried very hard and Dara Sexton was decent. Overall Cavan weren't good enough on the day. I can't see Ross beating Dublin, i can see Dublin doing to them but Galway did to us last year.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 22, 2012, 11:58:18 AM
Ye should have got tickets for the stand... There was lots of stand tickets left when i got mine on friday.

In 2012 you would expect a county ground to have a decent view no matter where you are.

rodney trotter

Fair point.. in fairness looking over at the terrace i wasn't surprised to hear the view wasn't great. It was totally packed, not a patch on Breffni Park. Behind both goals being cut off for spectators it wouldn't have helped.

cogito

Ah well we got another good run for our money this year. Sad to bow out with just 2-2 but sure that's the way it goes sometimes I suppose.

Couldn't make it yesterday but saw a bit online. Would people on here be expecting many boys to make the step up to the seniors now?

Westside

I'm struggling to see who could make the step up to Senior from this side.. Packie Leddy could make a case for inclusion in our half forward line perhaps and Jack Brady could be a good option coming off the bench. We have a few good young defenders in Clarke and Moynagh but neither are ready for Senior Football yet. While Kevin Tierney was our top scorer this Championship and got 2 goals yesterday I don't think he has the mobility to play Senior.

So apart from Packie and Jack I don't see anyone else being called up to the Senior Squad. Oh and Barry Reilly too if his injury clears up.

rodney trotter

Paddy King would probaly be worth a look for the senior panel. He  never started for the u21's like last year so its hard to judge him that much but he looked decent coming off the bench. I think Packie Leddy is slightly overrated. He gets billed up alot but he has always look ordinary from when ive seen him. He could still be worth a shot for the senior panel as he has ability but would need to show it more. Barry Reilly would be a cert for the seniors - big loss yesterday.

scoopmine

Hoping the lads are putting in the work. A few important players like Keating G Mac t come back to give us a boost.

scoopmine

James McEnroe was told to go to his club, Patrick Carroll is enlisted with the army now , Alan O'Mara is injured and Darragh Tighe I'm not sure about!

mylestheslasher

Paddy King is going away travelling for the summer so he won't be involved. He was also carrying an injury hence why he wasn't starting the games for the U21.

Good to see the Celt call a spade a spade and rightly point out how biased the Meath ref was in the U21 game.

So, now to the seniors. Anyone know how its going in there since Forde went in. Rumour has it some lads were asked back in that were not involved in the league but not sure who and whether they accepted or not. According to that muppet RichieJ over on HS, Lyng was asked and refused which of course have Richie a horn straight away. You know he is going to fill his togs with excitement if Donegal beat us.

cogito

Just went over and had a look at the Hoganstand. How people can be criticising or questioning Hyland's motives is a disgrace in my book. The man has done more for Cavan football than any manager since McHugh.

Westside

Richie has the knives out for Hyland already. Hyland will have more wit than Andrews and will not even acknowledge such bullshit. It's horrible to see though. I'm sure if he's taken to task over it Richie will say Hyland will be judged on his results. ie: We want instant success, and even then any wins we do get will be down to the lack of quality of the opposition.

Things aren't looking great, loads of injuries for Donegal with Gearoid and Givney (who was in hospital during the week with a back injury according to twitter) two huge losses. And even then next year's league looks like the toughest Div 3 in years. Nobody there we could say we should be beating.

cogito

Gearoid and Givney out? Do we have any other midfielders????

How do you think we will look by the time Donegal come around?

rodney trotter

I thought Mckiernan would be back in time for the Donegal game.. if he is ruled out and if Givney is apparently out aswell then its Goodnight Vienna.