Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Was young mcmanus from teemore playing itchy?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

rodney trotter

He was Centre back.

http://ulstercollegesgaa.org/football/easy-enough-macrory-cavan/

Pats played Eunans in the League and won by 3, Eunans missing 4key players through suspension from the play off game with Pats Armagh, was obviously going to effect them..

cavanmaniac

Have Pats a realistic shot at going all the way?

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

rodney trotter

Yeah this  team won the Rannafast so have a very good chance. The age difference between the Southern and Northern schoools meant Pats always struggled in the MacRory. They brought in transition year which has been a help, Thomas Galligan, Pierce Smith would be finished otherwise.

Westside

Even with transition year, are some of these lads repeating the leaving?

rodney trotter

No, not that I know of. And if did do transition year they wouldn't be repeating as well, be 7 years in secondary school. Transition year is a 6 year programme.

Greg McGovern might have been repeating last year. He came from Bawnboy. All that Pats  team have been there since first year, bar Argue who came last year.

MacRory Cup is u18 1/2 at . http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FMacRory_Cup&ei=b5bjVMH5LeeR7AbBvIDgCA&usg=AFQjCNG0iPukLGauBZaUOf6DbhutF1zWTw&bvm=bv.85970519,d.ZGU

This was the team that won the rannafast

B Sheanon, J Rahill, D Lunney, P Sexton, D Monaghan, C McManus [1-1], J Veale [0-2], T Galligan [0-1], D Brady, P Smith [0-2], R Connolly [0-1], M McKenna [1-2], D Gannon [0-1], B Conaty [1-0], R O'Reilly [1-0].

Connolly, Ronan Reilly, Dara Gannon no longer there. They didn't do transition year

mrdeeds

rodney trotter

The lads that repeated wouldn't have done transition year.

Itchy

St Joes well bet today in ulster U21 final against the magnificent underage outfit that is watty grahams. How are Derry not translating this into victory at minor and u21 county level?

rodney trotter

Derry should be doing better at co minor but success of Pats Maghera affected them in the last few years, got to 2 Hogan cup finals in 2013& 14 and had little time to prepare collectively.  Kerry managed it well  last year as they let the school players from Dingle train with the Co minors whilst the school was doing well.

Derry u21s don't hold back on their u21s unlike Cavan, who keep the panel together and not on the Senior panel during the league. That doesn't help their preperation

Westside

Anyone else think Moynagh was poor enough in the Sigerson Final?

Itchy

I missed the first 15 minutes but thought he played well, won some dirty ball at vital periods.

rodney trotter

2 tough games in 2 days tough going this time of year, he was fairly solid,  tired in extra time, but that was to be expected

Goodluck to Pats on Sunday In MacRory semi , 45 years since they last made the final.

mylestheslasher

Big game tonight, really hope the lads can keep the good run going and I hope our FF line is improved as Down will be no push overs and they know another loss will dump them into relegation trouble. Its going to be a windy night too. That 3 week break will also be a leveller in terms of fitness so we will get a good look at where we really are tonight. I think a win is awful important as I think Kildare will be a big ask next weekend.