WINDSOR PARK UNDER THREAT

Started by THE MIGHTY QUINN, October 07, 2007, 10:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammyG

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on October 08, 2007, 04:16:49 PMI wish to correct you on a number of issues ... the "PARK DRIVE" stand on the unreserved end (NORTH STAND) was burned in February 1982 ... Glens supporters got the blame after a "Big Two" clash... The "Gold Bond" stand was adjacent to the viewing gallery and was knocked down by order (check it out) in 1985! .. for years there was a gap until they extended the South Stand...

All correct but nothing to do with what you originally said!!
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on October 07, 2007, 11:07:46 PM
............... The South Stand is made outta wood ... (a fairly combustable proportion of it!!) ...
You said the floor was wooden, it isn't.
Prove to me that the GOVERNMENT negotiated a 100 year contract with LINFIELD ...
Do a search of any of the newspaper articles? The Thatcher governmenet did the the deal with Linfield in return for the North Stand. They were worried that the IFA would want to move and the NS would be wasted so they forced the ridiculous 100 year contract through.
AND FIND ME A BARRISTER WHO COULD DEFEND IT IN COURT (100 YEAR CARTE BLANCHE CONTRACT .. I ASK YOU)
I'd be amazed if any barrister (or even any blok off the street) could or would try to defend the contract. That's what all the discussions are about at the minute.
... Freemasons? ... yes .. disprove it!
How the fcul can you disprove a negative? You made a statement, so you must be basing it on something.
and the Jimmy Jones incident ... the terrace may not have been used in years but the fact is that it is still there!
As per my previous comment, WTF has that got to do with anything?
Really you have a very limited knowledge of your beloved Windsor!!
So you talk bollix and then change your story and that means that my knowledge is limited. Ok fair enough.  ::)

MW

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on October 08, 2007, 04:16:49 PM
the "PARK DRIVE" stand on the unreserved end (NORTH STAND) was burned in February 1982 ... Glens supporters got the blame after a "Big Two" clash...

I'm not familiar with this idea ???

QuoteProve to me that the GOVERNMENT negotiated a 100 year contract with LINFIELD ... AND FIND ME A BARRISTER WHO COULD DEFEND IT IN COURT (100 YEAR CARTE BLANCHE CONTRACT .. I ASK YOU) ...

The disgraceful contract was, as far as I know the story, negotiated with Linfield by the IFA at the behest of the government of the day who apparently thought this was the right course to take as they'd put public money into the (IFA owned) North Stand.

Hurler on the Bitch

Sorry Mate ... lost the will to live here ... PLEASE POST THE ARTICLE REF THATCHER'S DEAL WITH THE IFA AND LINFIELD!! I THOUGHT WITH THE FALKLANDS AND THE MINERS ETC, HMG MAY HAVE MISSED THAT DEAL!

MW

BTW I had to ensure the South Stand for the first time in 11 years at the Shield semi final last week, and I have to say I saw it as pretty unfit...the construction on which the seats rest does appear to be wooden...

Hurler on the Bitch

Oh and Sammy,,, "and the Jimmy Jones incident ... the terrace may not have been used in years but the fact is that it is still there!
As per my previous comment, WTF has that got to do with anything?"

Name me an international stadium that has still not got it's terracing upgraded (or turned into a stand) in 59 YEARS!!!!! Face it! Windsor is a PIT!

red hander

'Too many Freemasons making money outta Norn Iron at Windsor!'
That's a fairly serious allegation, I presume you have some evidence to back it up.

Wasn't part of the problem with the Keith Gillespie incident on the plane back from Iceland that he and other players were pissed as farts.  The reason they were pissed as farts was the fact, unlike other professionally run teams who get the first available flight back after matches, was that these self-same freemasons (ie the travelling committee members of the IFA) were - as they are wont to do - enjoying the gratis hospitality
laid on by by their hosts or paid for out of IFA expenses, and the team could fly back home only when they'd stuffed their fat arses with grilled puffins, whale meat and all the hooch they could stomach.

PS  Why do people insist on calling Windsor a 'national' stadium and 'international' venue?  You have to be a 'country' to qualify for such terms...

deiseach

The Lower Bullens at Goodison Park has wooden slats in place of, well, a floor. It ain't original, but Woodison Park has some meaning.

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: red hander on October 08, 2007, 05:05:02 PM
'Too many Freemasons making money outta Norn Iron at Windsor!'
That's a fairly serious allegation, I presume you have some evidence to back it up.

Wasn't part of the problem with the Keith Gillespie incident on the plane back from Iceland that he and other players were pissed as farts.  The reason they were pissed as farts was the fact, unlike other professionally run teams who get the first available flight back after matches, was that these self-same freemasons (ie the travelling committee members of the IFA) were - as they are wont to do - enjoying the gratis hospitality
laid on by by their hosts or paid for out of IFA expenses, and the team could fly back home only when they'd stuffed their fat arses with grilled puffins, whale meat and all the hooch they could stomach.

PS  Why do people insist on calling Windsor a 'national' stadium and 'international' venue?  You have to be a 'country' to qualify for such terms...

how is it a serious allegation to say that some people are Masons? Not exactly calling them members of paramilitary organisations (or am I dealing with forces that could destroy me?) ... tell me if the Masons Ring is not very prominent in Windsor Avenue ...

ziggysego

Are you sure it's the Freemasons and not this dangerous crowd?

Testing Accessibility

MW

Quote from: red hander on October 08, 2007, 05:05:02 PM
PS  Why do people insist on calling Windsor a[n]...'international' venue?

Quote from: 5iveTimes on October 08, 2007, 06:47:40 PM
I dont think Homer would play in Windsor Park Ziggy, but it is COmical to call it an International venue

Cal me ccrazy, but I'm reptty sure international football is played there ::)

Off to the corner with the dunce's hat on, there's good lads...

SammyG

Quote from: 5iveTimes on October 09, 2007, 05:18:57 PM
MW, Internationals may be played at Windsor, but it would be disingenuous to describe it as an "International Venue".
Why, for all it's problems (and there are many) it's considerably better than many other international venues across Europe?
Quote from: 5iveTimes on October 09, 2007, 05:18:57 PM
It is hardly fit for the Irish league.
Actually that's a major part of the problem. It's more than fit for the Irish League, which is Linfield's main interest. So they've no incentive to upgrade the facilities for international.

nifan

5ivetimes, Do you have some sort of checklist as to what sort of venues, which host international football games, may be classed as international venues?

SammyG

Quote from: 5iveTimes on October 09, 2007, 06:00:32 PMObviously you guys are going to stick up for Windsor, it is your home ground after all,
Who's sticking up for Windsor? I think the state that the South and Railway stands have been allowed to get into is a bloody disgrace.
Quote from: 5iveTimes on October 09, 2007, 06:00:32 PM
but it is in a bit of a state, in fact it wasnt in much better condition when I was last there in the early 90s (Linfield v Newry Town).
Agreed
I have been to quite a few of the major Stadia throughout Europe and even a few in North America and nothing has every been comparable to Windsor park.
You obviously haven't been to many international grounds around Europe. A sizeable number are considerably worse than WP.
At a time when a lot of the major grounds throught Europeare being redeveloped or replaced, Windsor is falling apart and no one seems to want to do anything about it.
I wouldn't say no-one wants to do anything about it. The problem is a mix of the incompetence of the IFA, the greed of Linfield and a 100 year contract negotiated by teh government and nobody wants to blink first.
The IFA should grab the new stadium being offered by the Government and let Linfield look after their own affairs.
Aye your right we should move from a stadium with problems to one with even bigger problems. That's going to solve everything.

And that's before you consider the fact that the Maze won't be ready for 6 or 7 years, even if it does get built. So it doesn't have any bearing on the current problems.

doofus

Do the assembly not have the power to shut down the 'stadium'?

SammyG

Quote from: doofus on October 09, 2007, 08:10:44 PM
Do the assembly not have the power to shut down the 'stadium'?

On what grounds?