Laois Club Referees

Started by From the Terrace, August 08, 2018, 01:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Terrace

I'd like peoples opinion on our best referees in the county. Football & Hurling if you like. I see more football than hurling.

My top 5 in football would be

1. Maurice Deegan
2. Eddie Kinsella
3. Brendan McCann
4. David Moore
5. Clifford Ward

O moore parklife

Hopfully this doesn't kick off a lash of abuse on lads willing to actually ref matches 😯.
Tomas moore is going well to be fair

merman

I'm sure nobody would abuse any referee without having the integrity and decency to put their own name to their post.........

The PRO

Quote from: From the Terrace on August 08, 2018, 01:28:22 PM
I'd like peoples opinion on our best referees in the county. Football & Hurling if you like. I see more football than hurling.

1. Maurice Deegan
2. Eddie Kinsella
3. Brendan McCann
4. David Moore
5. Clifford Ward
Wouldn't argue too much with that. McCann is excellent really. There's a Tom Kennedy refereeing and I like what I've seen from him so far. Think he's the ex Killeshin player.

Jd

Eamon strong is good. Refs the way he played. No shite good hard football. That new lad from killeshin is excellent . I like Tarpy too he's always fair even if he makes a mistake it's never out of badness

clonadmad

torn between

Eoin Scully

Artie O'Connor

Pat Moran

FiveStars

Quote from: From the Terrace on August 08, 2018, 01:28:22 PM

1. Maurice Deegan
2. Eddie Kinsella
3. Brendan McCann
4. David Moore
5. Clifford Ward

Mulhare an inter county referee. Does he not make the 5?

ollie12

David Moore i think is excellent.  Two port men, McCann and Ward are also good.

From the Terrace

Mulhare doesn't seem to be doing many club games at the minute. Just based it on that Tbh. 

Unlaoised

Moore defo looks a prospect but must stop protecting and giving county players frees for nothing its a trait of new refs to the senior stage.

Maurice still no one

Kinsella is good

Strong would be my third choice

I also like flynn from the rock

Mccann is decent but never improved much when he broke on the sceen first i thought he'd ref an all ireland one day .

LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

Jesus f**king christ, thats twice in 2 posts you've laid into Moore, under the guise of "I don't mean to criticise but". He's a fine young up and coming referee, he didn't suit your team tonight, get over it, that happens to the best. Maybe if we encouraged referees in this county instead of giving them guff anonymously we wouldn't still be looking at 67 year old ones trotting between the 65's making up their own rules.

SCFC

This thread is dynamite. No-one is going to stick to picking a couple of lads, praising them and leaving it at that.
Instead you have sniping at different lads - one poster named three lads below who anyone knows aren't in the top tier of refs just to have a dig at them.
All I know is that without the Tomas Moores, Arty O'Connors and Maurice Deegans of this county, there would be a hell of a lot less games fixed and played.

From the Terrace

was at courtwood/timahoe last night, I thought brendan hickey done well, wasn't an easy game to do a lot going on and he got a lot of big decisions spot on.

El Jefe

The three black cards he gave were harsh. First one won the ball, second he wasn't even giving a foul until the Timahoe lad retaliated then but the Courtwood chap got done too and the last was a yellow. Think some refs still really need to learn the difference between what's a black and a yellow

Don Draper

Quote from: El Jefe on August 10, 2018, 10:42:06 AM
The three black cards he gave were harsh. First one won the ball, second he wasn't even giving a foul until the Timahoe lad retaliated then but the Courtwood chap got done too and the last was a yellow. Think some refs still really need to learn the difference between what's a black and a yellow
You're doing great work with the boys there this year, have made the step up from Pauls the grandest. Try keep their feet on the ground, and they could be anything they like.