County Convention

Started by Don Draper, November 27, 2017, 01:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Excuse me, I said Miller dragged the county from self destruction. He did. That he did it by leading others with him is more credit to him and those who followed him. That cannot be contended despite your efforts.

Keyser Söze

You are excused.

I'd list Liam O' Neill and John Hanniffy as at least as influential in this turn around from not having a pot to piss in to financial stability. There were others I'm sure.

The point remains. We are lampooning volunteers before they even get a job and telling them they won't match up to the great hero Chairmen of yesteryear!
I would be much more middle of the road on this issue. They guys nominated are fine, decent, hard working GAA men. The "heroes" of yesteryear were not quite the heroes they are being made out to be.

I think this is fair. And I stand over it.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

portlaoisekid

Quote from: Keyser Söze on December 01, 2017, 03:25:49 PM
You are excused.

I'd list Liam O' Neill and John Hanniffy as at least as influential in this turn around from not having a pot to piss in to financial stability. There were others I'm sure.

The point remains. We are lampooning volunteers before they even get a job and telling them they won't match up to the great hero Chairmen of yesteryear!
I would be much more middle of the road on this issue. They guys nominated are fine, decent, hard working GAA men. The "heroes" of yesteryear were not quite the heroes they are being made out to be.

I think this is fair. And I stand over it.
Great post.

Don Draper

Massive surge for Shaggy over the weekend. A real momentum behind him it seems. The hurling clubs will be key though.

clonadmad

I know of one very prominent hurling club that won't be voting for PON

I'm sure there are more leaning away from him too.

He will still probably win,but not the landslide that many were expecting,Leavys team are doing the hard yards and canvassing heavily

SCFC

I've heard Leavy is getting on really well.

I still think O'Neill will win but there's a lot of people out there pi**ed off with the same old faces. Leavy is seen as outside the county board clique even though he's been on it a few years now.

portlaoisekid

It'll be close, Leavy has all the momentum and at the right time.

Personally I think it much of a muchness whoever wins. I don't see either changing the face of Laois GAA dramatically but best of luck to whoever does win because its not an easy job.

Unlaoised

Leavy could sneak this from what I hear...I don't know O'Neill very well apart from reffing  I have heard he puts in long hours but he is part of the clique and this is not favoured by many esp the hurling side...Leavy has strong connections in the camross castletown borris end of things despite being from Port!
LAOIS ABÚ

merman

All the momentum with Leavy.

I said all along I thought O'Neill would get in, regardless of who dropped out.

From what I'm hearing now, I've a feeling he may be pipped again....

Keyser Söze

Quote from: merman on December 04, 2017, 05:59:12 PM
All the momentum with Leavy.

I said all along I thought O'Neill would get in, regardless of who dropped out.

From what I'm hearing now, I've a feeling he may be pipped again....

That would be both Mortimer and O' Neill gone. Big changes!

clonadmad

Peter o'Neill Elected

86 to 67

Unlaoised

Ohhh great same old same old ....non inspiring choice
LAOIS ABÚ

town1980

Delighted for peter he has done massive work for the portlaoise club,,, congrats p

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Unlaoised on December 04, 2017, 09:18:57 PM
Ohhh great same old same old ....non inspiring choice

As opposed to? 5 more years of Gerry Kavanagh? Bring back Dick Miller maybe? I wonder would Tom Hassett be available?
Your club either nominated nobody or nominated one of the "same old same old brigade".