Scottish independence referendum thread

Started by deiseach, September 07, 2014, 11:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you have/had a vote, how will/would you vote?

Yes
122 (87.8%)
No
17 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Voting closed: September 18, 2014, 11:36:16 AM

passedit

Don't Panic

haveaharp

Quote from: johnneycool on September 11, 2014, 04:20:05 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 11, 2014, 04:01:33 PM
Fairness is such an alien concept to the British ruling elite that they can't even fake an attempt at it. Our buckos at least try to feign it but I guess they're only amateurs in comparison.

correct, every time I hear some gobshite on TV talking about the British sense of fair play and all that, there's a little bit of sick in my mouth as my stomach wretches.

Didn't Big Ian himself say "i'd rather be British than be fair" or words to that effect

Shamrock Shore

Can Scotland not be partitioned?

Worked so well in the past in other countries  :-\

bennydorano

Believe it or not there was an article in the Daily Telegraph (Sat week ago I think - bought it because of a Gary Neville interview with Dave Brailsford) about how the Shetlands (and/or Orkneys?) are very much in the No camp and the issue of these islands voting overwhelmingly No and the rest of Scotland (possibly) voting Yes could be a cause of considerable embarrassment for a newly Independent Scotland. Shitbag of a paper and all that it is, it was a good article about the Norse / Scandinavian influences.

Maguire01

Somehow I couldn't see Cameron, Milliband and Clegg coming over here in a last ditch attempt if we were facing such a referendum. For Cameron in particular, I suppose there's the risk that his legacy could be the PM who lost Scotland.

passedit

More BBC lies

http://wingsoverscotland.com/out-in-the-open/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=enrdDaf3uss

Nick Robinson claims Alex Salmond "didn't answer" his question at a press conference earlier today. That is a brazen and quite spectacular lie. The First Minister gave a detailed and direct response which lasted for over three minutes BEFORE raising the matter of the Treasury link. You can see that response here.http://wingsoverscotland.com/handed-back-on-a-plate/

Robinson asked for a specific answer on RBS and a more general one on scaremongering by business chiefs. Salmond explained the RBS situation, referring to Corporation Tax and to the letter sent by RBS to employees assuring them that it had no intention of removing any operations or jobs. He dealt with the general scaremongering issue by pointing out that such warnings were repeats of ones made and responded to months ago.

So we'd rather like to know why Nick Robinson told viewers of the 6 O'Clock News that Salmond "didn't answer", when anyone can see for themselves that he answered both parts of Robinson's question at considerable length. Robinson might not have LIKED the answers – we must assume he didn't – but to claim that no answer was given is a mindboggling reversal of the plainly visible facts.

Robinson rudely harassed and heckled Salmond after his answer. He's now lied about it on national television. The BBC's open contempt for its legal duty of impartiality is no longer acceptable. It's the people of Scotland who will now be demanding answers.
Don't Panic

ONeill

Fairly confident it'll be a no vote. Some Yessers will crap them at the last minute.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

macdanger2

Quote from: bennydorano on September 11, 2014, 09:07:52 PM
Believe it or not there was an article in the Daily Telegraph (Sat week ago I think - bought it because of a Gary Neville interview with Dave Brailsford) about how the Shetlands (and/or Orkneys?) are very much in the No camp and the issue of these islands voting overwhelmingly No and the rest of Scotland (possibly) voting Yes could be a cause of considerable embarrassment for a newly Independent Scotland. Shitbag of a paper and all that it is, it was a good article about the Norse / Scandinavian influences.

I read somewhere that the islanders were actually hoping for more devolution to them from an independent Scotland

maddog

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 11, 2014, 10:02:21 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 11, 2014, 09:07:52 PM

I read somewhere that the islanders were actually hoping for more devolution to them from an independent Scotland

From the few bits I have seen the islanders see centralisation in Edinburgh as not much different from London i.e a world apart from their lives. They will be looking for greater local powers for themselves but could only see them getting that with a "yes".

mylestheslasher

What an opportunity for Scotland but I fear they are going to blow it and allow the English to peddle enough fear to make the difference. It seems that the westminister boys are looking for favours from the BBC and the usual media suspects to scare the Scots to vote No. I hope on the day they will vote with their hearts and tell the English where to stick their union.

macdanger2

It's gas hearing the yes side talking about the bond between England and Scotland......poor aul Wales is like the ugly sister

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 11, 2014, 09:16:55 PM
Somehow I couldn't see Cameron, Milliband and Clegg coming over here in a last ditch attempt if we were facing such a referendum. For Cameron in particular, I suppose there's the risk that his legacy could be the PM who lost Scotland.

Cameron, maybe. He's a Tory afterall.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Hereiam

Heard ole Wuile on the radio earlier. Of course he blamed the ra for the yes camp gaining ground. I think they need to let this man speak more to the british public. What harm could it do.

orangeman

Latest poll no 52 yes 48 -about  2 dozen people have changed their mind.

RealSpiritof98

All elections are dirty wars, but the BBC are taking the biscuit. Their starting to give FOX news a run for their money.