NFL Division 2 - 2020

Started by Captain Obvious, January 10, 2020, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: BennyCake on October 12, 2020, 10:53:55 AM
Quote from: five points on October 12, 2020, 10:31:22 AM
Very simple solution: make a provision that there is to be no promotion or relegation this year because of the unique circumstances.  Of course this would negatively affect Cork so it's a non runner.

Or they could just scrap this tier 2 nonsense. Problem solved.

Little chance of that happening now after the grey haired men in suits voted it in.

The situation we have right now is that relegation places in division 2 and promotion in 3 will decide who plays in the 2021 Tier 2 championship.

Quote from: Redhand Santa on October 12, 2020, 10:55:59 AM
And based on what I've said yes tier 2 would have to be scrapped for next year given the circumstances. There's enough issues without trying to get it going.

GAA are looking into a regional league for 2021 and then a return to the 4 division NFL in 2022.

BennyCake

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 12, 2020, 11:26:17 AM
Very simple solution: make a provision that there is to be no promotion or relegation this year because of the unique circumstances.  Of course this would negatively affect Cork so it's a non runner.

Little chance of that happening now after the grey haired men in suits voted it in.

The situation we have right now is that relegation places in division 2 and promotion in 3 will decide who plays in the 2021 Tier 2 championship.

And based on what I've said yes tier 2 would have to be scrapped for next year given the circumstances. There's enough issues without trying to get it going.

GAA are looking into a regional league for 2021 and then a return to the 4 division NFL in 2022.

Yes, sadly.

If this season has taught us anything, it's that the county season is way too long, and has too many meaningless games. Also, a shorter season for county football could mean more lads might be able to commit. Seen rumours of retirees returning to county squads for the upcoming* championship. In other seasons, they had no chance of committing to a years training.

Blowitupref

Fermanagh have appealed for a postponement of Sunday's clash with Clare in Ennis. CCC hearing tonight.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Should be granted by probably won't as they're not a big County.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

APM

Quote from: BennyCake on October 12, 2020, 12:17:54 PM

Yes, sadly.

If this season has taught us anything, it's that the county season is way too long, and has too many meaningless games. Also, a shorter season for county football could mean more lads might be able to commit. Seen rumours of retirees returning to county squads for the upcoming* championship. In other seasons, they had no chance of committing to a years training.

Same could be said of club season.  Round-robin and group games in club championship just pad out the season.  This year, there was no need for it at all. A simple league and straight knockout is the way forward for both club and county and cut the bullshit.

As it stands, county season doesn't have any need to be anywhere near as long given that each round of the Ulster Championship is played on separate weekends.  The whole thing could be run off on a much tighter basis.

Rossfan

Most sports want loads of games for players.
But some GAA people want competitions "run off".
Get those pesky games out of the way .....for what?
9 months training?

BennyCake

Quote from: APM on October 13, 2020, 03:16:58 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 12, 2020, 12:17:54 PM

Yes, sadly.

Same could be said of club season.  Round-robin and group games in club championship just pad out the season.  This year, there was no need for it at all. A simple league and straight knockout is the way forward for both club and county and cut the bullshit.

As it stands, county season doesn't have any need to be anywhere near as long given that each round of the Ulster Championship is played on separate weekends.  The whole thing could be run off on a much tighter basis.

Agree with the first bit.

Ulster championship was played last year in shorter time though.

Straight knockout for club and county is needed, but that won't bring in the dough.

illdecide

Any word on how the teams are faring out training wise?, who's fit and who's not. It's all very hush hush
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

Was wondering that myself, any new additions to the Armagh panel?

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on October 14, 2020, 08:58:05 AM
Was wondering that myself, any new additions to the Armagh panel?

I had heard last week which Armagh players had the virus and i'm assuming they've done their isolation time but whether or not they're fit is another matter. Haven't heard a peep from the Rossie camp...C'mon give us something (even make it up like)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Rossfan

tintin25

What an absolute shower the CCCC is

Blowitupref

Quote from: tintin25 on October 14, 2020, 08:36:28 PM
What an absolute shower the CCCC is

Especially towards the "lesser" counties. The choices now for the Fermanagh it seems are to forfeit the game or make the trip to Ennis to play the fixture with whoever is available.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

FermGael

Fair play to the CCC.
Played an absolute blinder again.
And good to see the GPA putting their foot down again over player welfare.

That's Fermanagh relegated .

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered