NFL Division 2 - 2020

Started by Captain Obvious, January 10, 2020, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: illdecide on March 08, 2020, 11:17:18 AM
Quote from: balladmaker on March 07, 2020, 11:36:55 PM
Armagh good, Fermanagh awful.  Armagh need feet on the ground now and not be carried away after that win. Roscommon will be a much different proposition, and with a place in Div 1 most likely up for grabs, has the makings of a great night in Armagh next Saturday.

Decent ref for a change tonight in Brewster Park.

P.S. shout out to the lady doing the scanning for the season tickets, welcomed my young fella to Brewster Park by his first name, gave him a big welcome, lovely touch.

Should be some game all the same next sat night, Roscommon are a top team and Armagh will go into this game as slight underdogs which always suit Armagh. If weather is half decent there should be a bumper crowd there too, hopefully get to the game as i've missed the last few but with this being in Armagh I should be able to manage a 25 min car journey (hopefully)...can't wait.

Haven't seen any odds but I'll be surprised if Armagh aren't favourites for Saturday nights game.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

lurganblue

Quote from: illdecide on March 08, 2020, 11:17:18 AM
Armagh good, Fermanagh awful.  Armagh need feet on the ground now and not be carried away after that win. Roscommon will be a much different proposition, and with a place in Div 1 most likely up for grabs, has the makings of a great night in Armagh next Saturday.

Decent ref for a change tonight in Brewster Park.

P.S. shout out to the lady doing the scanning for the season tickets, welcomed my young fella to Brewster Park by his first name, gave him a big welcome, lovely touch.

Should be some game all the same next sat night, Roscommon are a top team and Armagh will go into this game as slight underdogs which always suit Armagh. If weather is half decent there should be a bumper crowd there too, hopefully get to the game as i've missed the last few but with this being in Armagh I should be able to manage a 25 min car journey (hopefully)...can't wait.

Eyeing this one up myself illdecide.  Havent been able to make it to AG since the Cavan game with one thing or another (although did get to the Armagh V Tyrone hurling last week).  I expect this Roscommon game to be a real tester as to whether the squad is ready to play division 1 football.

Rufus T Firefly

Very friendly girl indeed. Very helpful.

As for the match, a facile win. On the night, Fermanagh were simply dreadful and unless there was some underlying issue - key players out injured, maybe - then the outlook does not look good for them. I've said it before about Armagh and it was very evident the other night - Armagh have no killer instinct. They took their foot off the gas totally. Tyrone, or the Down team of the nineties, would have put up a tally of 6-20 or thereabouts.

Ferm_n_aaah

Armagh were mighty impressive but I could also tell that Fermanagh were rocked by the 3 big absentees 2 of which appeared to be decided just before throw in. Fermanagh has no depth in the panel really as you all likely know and to lose the captain Donnelly, lose Cullen in the warm up, recent allstar nominee and to lose our current free taker was just devastating for the team. the replacements (and I felt sorry for them was Allen who only ever got Mckenna cup match once or twice 4 years ago and McManus on the frees, just back after a few years out and first start since we played in Athletic grounds in the league 3 or 4 years ago) So yes we had rug pulled from under our feet before match started. Armagh are a jeckyll and hyde team and unfortunately for us we saw their best side on sat nite and that coupled with a nervy unsure fermanagh team led to the awful hammering that resulted. That said, if that isnt the absolute kick up the arse that fermanagh need to produce a reaction in ennis then we deserve to go down.
Frustrating after we started the league playing fantastic football in Newbridge and against the Rossies, just not consistent enough and the panel still just to thinly stretched to sustain such losses in personnel
let it in ta fec

Armagh Girl

Hopefully Fermanagh will get it together for the next few games and stay up!  We had 3 lovely Belcoo fellas beside us for the Match who had nothing but praise and good will for Armagh, and we wish them and Fermanagh the best for the remainder of the league.  On the match itself, the Armagh Boys gave us a great win in terrible conditions so role on Saturday night at the Athletic Grounds, hopefully the Armagh fans fill it to the rafters.  Armagh Abu!! 

lurganblue

Is there no option to print your ticket now? Asking for a delivery charge fs

AFM

Quote from: lurganblue on March 10, 2020, 02:18:29 PM
Is there no option to print your ticket now? Asking for a delivery charge fs

Wait till tomorrow and they you can print.

illdecide

4/7 Armagh 15/2 Roscommon 7/4

Very surprised at that TBH, would have expected them two to be fairy evenly matched in the betting. For me Roscommon are the best team in the league and are joint top, I know Armagh are top with them and at home but there ya go
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Rossfan

Armagh folks, what's parking like or any tips for a handy spot?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AFM

Quote from: Rossfan on March 10, 2020, 05:25:24 PM

The Christian Brothers Primary school is right beside it and has a huge car park, 3 quid I think. St Malachys Chapel has a free carpark behind it and it's also very close to the ground. There is also lots of street parking close to ground. Arrive early.

armaghniac

Are you coming from Monaghan or Newry?
From Monaghan, the CBS school car park as noted above is spot on, if you are not in too much of a hurry away.

Please don't take offence if we don't shake your hand.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Whats the mood like in Roscommon for this game? U men confident?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

giveballaghback

Quote from: illdecide on March 10, 2020, 08:36:28 PM

Whats the mood like in Roscommon for this game? U men confident?
Confidence is not a thing you could assocciate with ros supporters, we have seen too many belly ups over the years, we are hoping for a win, looking forward to the game as I think Armagh are the best team we will play in this division,if we win we will be promoted and if we lose we have another bite at the cherry v Cavan, it will be close I think and I hope we can shade it.

Rufus T Firefly

Any amount of parking. Some folk have mentioned the CBS car park, right beside the ground, at a cost of £3. However you can park either side of the Monaghan Road (on the assumption you are coming in that way) and have the car pointed for home, which will give you a quicker getaway. You will be less than ten minutes walk from the ground.

maddog

Where in the town sells tickets anyone ?