NFL Division 2 - 2020

Started by Captain Obvious, January 10, 2020, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on March 04, 2020, 04:40:35 PM
On a general note here, are we all fooling ourselves into even wanting to go up as realistically it seems there will be a yo-yo going on for a few years.
When you look at the Div 1 games there is a big jump and I for one am nearly glad Kildare don't look to be going anywhere. Chrust when I think what Galway, Dubs, etc would do to us...

It is a mad division mind and I am still very worried but a big win last day for Kildare v Laois where they showed a lot more bite.
Every game is 50/50 at this stage. Ideally Armagh can keep Fermanagh down a bit from my POV and then any kind of result versus Cavan would be welcome.

For the two teams that gain promotion this spring they are guaranteed to miss out on playing in prodigious Tailteann cup for 3 years.

One way to maybe end current yo-yo going on in the league would be.

Div 1 10 teams
Div 2 8 teams
Div 3 8 teams
Div 4 6 teams

Ferm_n_aaah

lets not get into a div structure overhaul ....though id you pushed me Id favour 3xgroups of 11 (room for New York too) !!
let it in ta fec

Ferm_n_aaah

On a general note here, are we all fooling ourselves into even wanting to go up as realistically it seems there will be a yo-yo going on for a few years.
When you look at the Div 1 games there is a big jump and I for one am nearly glad Kildare don't look to be going anywhere. Chrust when I think what Galway, Dubs, etc would do to us...

It is a mad division mind and I am still very worried but a big win last day for Kildare v Laois where they showed a lot more bite.
Every game is 50/50 at this stage. Ideally Armagh can keep Fermanagh down a bit from my POV and then any kind of result versus Cavan would be welcome.

yes and if Armagh dont so Kildare a favour youz are in trouble, as a very tough run in awaits. We seem do always do well against Armagh on home soil, for a long time now and I can see that continuing
let it in ta fec

illdecide

Quote from: Ferm_n_aaah on March 05, 2020, 09:26:45 AM

yes and if Armagh dont so Kildare a favour youz are in trouble, as a very tough run in awaits. We seem do always do well against Armagh on home soil, for a long time now and I can see that continuing

Yeah but if the good Armagh turns up you could be in trouble ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

I would take going up to Div 1 over Div 2 everyday, you will play better teams which will bring you on and you're at no risk of dropping down to Intermediate football.

On match v Fermanagh the extra week to hopefully get any players with knocks back in should help both teams but I suppose for next weekends matches the other teams have the extra weeks break so evens itself out. If Armagh are serious about Div 1 football then they have to win their last 3 games and I don't think they will, beat Fermanagh on Sat night and that'll do me and keep our status in Div 2 for another season. As i'be said before lose tomorrow nite and I don't fancy us getting anything from Roscommon next week we could be going to Clare in the last game needing something...Still so much to play more for everyone which is exciting i suppose.

balladmaker

Quote from: illdecide on March 06, 2020, 10:36:57 AM
I would take going up to Div 1 over Div 2 everyday, you will play better teams which will bring you on and you're at no risk of dropping down to Intermediate football.

On match v Fermanagh the extra week to hopefully get any players with knocks back in should help both teams but I suppose for next weekends matches the other teams have the extra weeks break so evens itself out. If Armagh are serious about Div 1 football then they have to win their last 3 games and I don't think they will, beat Fermanagh on Sat night and that'll do me and keep our status in Div 2 for another season. As i'be said before lose tomorrow nite and I don't fancy us getting anything from Roscommon next week we could be going to Clare in the last game needing something...Still so much to play more for everyone which is exciting i suppose.

Must win for both teams, all depends on what Armagh show up, we could be on either end of a 10 point win or a 10 point defeat.  After Mullingar, who knows.

Captain Scarlet

Everyone would like to go up, but I just see from Kildare's last stint losing every game didn't do us any favours and then we got caught by Carlow...
Too many teams in this grade are just not ready, but as you said the fact that you are guaranteed staying in the big leagues championship wise might mean you could blood a few lads with a bit more ease of mind.

Division 2 is madness in fairness.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Itchy

You get better by playing regularly against better teams. Sitting in Div 2 waiting to be ready is nonsensical

Westside

Exactly, look at Cavan and Roscommon. Both have bounced back after relegation, Roscommon will do so again this year and Cavan could have and probably would have too with a full squad. You learn nothing by floating around the middle of the table in Division 2.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on March 06, 2020, 11:32:03 AM
Everyone would like to go up, but I just see from Kildare's last stint losing every game didn't do us any favours and then we got caught by Carlow...
Too many teams in this grade are just not ready, but as you said the fact that you are guaranteed staying in the big leagues championship wise might mean you could blood a few lads with a bit more ease of mind.

Division 2 is madness in fairness.

Caught on the hop by Carlow but Kildare ended up having a good summer which included a win over Mayo and reached the last 8. Would that have been achieved if Kildare was preparing for the championship in Division 2?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Quote from: Westside on March 06, 2020, 06:31:20 PM
Exactly, look at Cavan and Roscommon. Both have bounced back after relegation, Roscommon will do so again this year and Cavan could have and probably would have too with a full squad. You learn nothing by floating around the middle of the table in Division 2.
Our 2 recent Connacht Titles 2017 and 2019 were in years we played in D1.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Oraisteach

Apart from Armagh tv, does anyone know what radio station will be carrying the Fermanagh vs Armagh match? Thank you.

illdecide

Fermanagh 0-03
Armagh 1-08

HT in Brewster Pk...will the customary second half collapse happen?

naka

Armagh by 8 at half time but they were playing with driving win and rain.
If Fermanagh had a left footed free taker it would be a lot closer
They must have missed four scorable frees

illdecide

Fermanagh 0-04
Armagh 2-09 (Jamie Clarke & Aidan Forker goals)