Laois Divisional Championship

Started by Don Draper, September 17, 2018, 10:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoiseabu

I didn't mention Rory . You don't have to be so sensitive about everything Don it's an open forum.

Don Draper

Quote from: Laoiseabu on September 26, 2018, 06:46:58 PM
I wouldn't be too worried about what the Leinster express writes anyway . It's only a critic with a pen and paper that probably never put on a pair of football boots in his life
Gway out of that and don't be talkin shite.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

When did you become administrator of this forum Don, you come across as a bit of a bully boy sitting behind a keyboard, something similar to the clowns who made the "Hogan Stand" forum unreadable.
I for one would hate this site to go down the same road as that one but this thing of abusing people who dare to have a different opinion than you is the type of thing that drives genuine people away.
You are as entitled to an opinion as anyone else but please keep the schoolboy stuff for the pub...
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

portlaoisekid

Spot on as usual junior. This is the only forum we have , we had one Muppet last week talking anonymously about a player and in fairness Don doesn't talk personally about lads but let's hope the shit gets cut out or as you say its a hogan stand situation .

Tony

Quote from: Don Draper on September 27, 2018, 09:37:23 AM
Quote from: Jd on September 27, 2018, 09:06:34 AM
Sure it doesn't matter who wrote it it's an opinion piece much the same as some of the stuff we write here. Maybe I never pulled on a pair of boots but doesn't stop me offering opinions. Yet man may have missed one or two players but it's not a shooting offence. And Mullins has really come into form over the last few matches I'd agree. He's deadly accurate.
The point of the matter is Rory was a fine footballer until he made clean shit of his knee. Cockmumbles above obviously isn't aware of that and showed up his own ignorance in doing so.
Yeah Don, you're right. Showed his ignorance alright. Just like that time you showed your complete ignorance when you questioned why Cian O' Neill was so overweight (when he had a major car accident). Calm down and don't be such a hypocrite. You're a faceless computer user on a small gaa forum just like the rest of us; don't get notions  ;D.

SCFC

Ah lads. A throwaway remark to be fair. How often have any of us used the "never pulled a pair of boot on himself" line?
As regards the lad who probably wrote the article (I don't think it had a byeline), he was as Don said a fine player before injury ended it for him.

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on September 28, 2018, 12:12:34 PM
Ah lads. A throwaway remark to be fair. How often have any of us used the "never pulled a pair of boot on himself" line?
As regards the lad who probably wrote the article (I don't think it had a byeline), he was as Don said a fine player before injury ended it for him.

It had a byline, as anyone who read it would have known. It was a disrespectful comment and I called it thusly. He was a very fine player who had a shocking time of it. We're lucky to have in the position he's currently in and we'll miss him when he goes.

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on September 28, 2018, 12:59:15 PM
Quote from: SCFC on September 28, 2018, 12:12:34 PM

It had a byline, as anyone who read it would have known. It was a disrespectful comment and I called it thusly. He was a very fine player who had a shocking time of it. We're lucky to have in the position he's currently in and we'll miss him when he goes.
Fair enough. If it had a by line, I never even noticed.
Yeah, he was a good player alright. I saw him playing minor in 2002 and he was as good as the likes of Chris Bergin.

Laoiseabu

I only noticed the byline there now. I was thinking any of the Leinster reporters could of written it .  Your hardly the writers brother by any chance Don ?

Don Draper

Quote from: Laoiseabu on September 29, 2018, 12:30:24 AM
I only noticed the byline there now. I was thinking any of the Leinster reporters could of written it .  Your hardly the writers brother by any chance Don ?
Just let it go, you acted like an arsehole and were called up on it. Throwing further mud does nothing for you. Be more careful in future.

Keyser Söze

The same reporter has been known "to put the boot in" and make very little effort to objectively check both sides of a story.
Just saying.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Downtheroad

After the beating St Josephs got, you have to wonder whether we will need divisional teams in the SFC proper. Otherwise, we will have no one going to the finals in the years to come.

From the Terrace

Well id say this is the first step to it. I think its the way forward to having a more competitive SFC. But it will only get off the ground if everyone buys into it. John Sugrue is a visionary manager, He is looking at the long term. i think we're lucky to have him.

High Fielder

This is a one off concept designed to give lads an opportunity to showcase their talents alongside players of similar ability. The ultimate goal is to try and pick up a couple of players who could be of use to Laois. I would say it's incredibly unlikely to take the place of the club championship in the future. Clubs themselves tend to be very reluctant to even reduce the Senior Championship to 12 teams, so abandoning it altogether is not going to happen. It's a great idea in my opinion. You would like to think that lads will buy into it and give it a go. I always subscribe to the notion that a better standard of game can sometimes unearth talent that hadn't been obvious before

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Dates announced for trial tournament
http://hoganstand.com/Laois/article/index/291054?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The tournament begins on Saturday, October 12th with the opening round of fixtures being played at the Centre of Excellence.
West/North West take on East Central at 6pm and then North East face South East at 7.30pm.
Games will take place every weekend for four weeks with the competition ending on November 4th.

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!