Club Hurling

Started by BallyroanAbbey, April 16, 2017, 11:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOVEGAA

Quote from: finbar o tool on October 12, 2018, 09:46:14 PM
2 match ban for Dooley i hear, dont think anything else came of the meeting last night. Ban starts next years championship. You'd love to have seen more bans handed out but in reality thats all our county board was ever going to do, and thats only because of the media scrutiny.

Had to be seen to do something. Not much good to RE now. Should have been dealt with on the day.

I see a video of the semi final doing rounds now. Not pleasant viewing either

finbar o tool

Yes seen that, and the ref standing in the middle of it! and if you watch closely you'll see a familiar looking no.7 working the butt of the hurl towards someones face  ::)
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

LOVEGAA

Quote from: finbar o tool on October 12, 2018, 11:43:51 PM
Yes seen that, and the ref standing in the middle of it! and if you watch closely you'll see a familiar looking no.7 working the butt of the hurl towards someones face  ::)

And not 1 red card in either match.  O'brien has a lot to answer for.
Hurling is a tough game but this is just madness. Shame on camross

finbar o tool

Well it seems like any hurler can do whatever they want on the field now and there will be zero repercussions!! Hard to fathom!
And a referee was banned, but not the ref that you'd expect!  ???
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

Helix

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/10/23/camross-suspension-lifted-as-referee-banned-for-county-final-incident/

From one farce to another. Dooley free to play for Camross in Leinster Club. Anthony Stapleton 4 week suspension.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Behindthefence

A lot of things can and have been debated on here to death. Who is at fault, what should have happened, was it on purpose etc.
However, wether on purpose or not what happened to Ross King in the melee was a red card offence and the fact that Camross as a club appealed or sought a hearing for this is nothing short of a disgrace.

LOVEGAA

I thought it couldn't get any worse but was I wrong!

Absolute joke from the arrogance of Camrose to appeal to suspension for Stapleton. 
I'd say we're the laughing stock of the country

The Rover

not in the least bit surprised, Camross have been getting away with thuggery for years and the C.B. are always glad to turn a blind eye and reward them.
other clubs do not get the same leniency. I agree with suspension of Stapleton
but the ability or lack of ability of the Tipperary ref has to be questioned following his performance in semi final and final.

Giovanni

I can't think of a more effective way to turn parents off GAA in Laois. What kind of sponsor would support this sham?

LOVEGAA

Quote from: Giovanni on October 23, 2018, 07:49:37 PM
I can't think of a more effective way to turn parents off GAA in Laois. What kind of sponsor would support this sham?

I'd imagine it will turn more than parents off

Giovanni

By the way, the idea that you can have one referee confronting another in this way is also ridiculous. You'd imagine Stapleton would have enough sense.

merman

Quote from: Behindthefence on October 23, 2018, 07:08:51 PM
A lot of things can and have been debated on here to death. Who is at fault, what should have happened, was it on purpose etc.
However, wether on purpose or not what happened to Ross King in the melee was a red card offence and the fact that Camross as a club appealed or sought a hearing for this is nothing short of a disgrace.

My thoughts exactly.

LOVEGAA

Quote from: merman on October 23, 2018, 10:00:27 PM
Quote from: Behindthefence on October 23, 2018, 07:08:51 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Ban lifted just as disgraceful . Quiet enough for the last few weeks but see them posting on Facebook basically laughing at it all

Wonder will they be as brave outside the county

portlaoisekid

It may be a joke, but the reality of Laois GAA at the minute is that Camross knew they would get him off so they would be nuts not to enact that power.

Laois hurling is so f*cked up its unreal. How Brennan can move this county forward at county level is beyond me.

High Fielder

And to think, Bruno couldn't get his ban overturned for a bit of handbags stuff. I would urge the CB to think long and hard about what they are doing.