Provincial and All Ireland Club championships 2016/17

Started by Dave like the tv channel, October 24, 2016, 01:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 30, 2016, 09:47:03 PM
QuoteCould have won by more

Jazes - the Stradbally boys would not seem to agree. I heard there were all sorts of shenanigans at the full time whistle with the Stradbally management going for the linesman and the ref. Linesman may have got a belt from a Stradbally selector.

There's the quote from Longford forum, judging by the report in the Leinster Express,  they might have some logic to be angry.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Shapes Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Helix on November 02, 2016, 10:48:17 AM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 30, 2016, 09:47:03 PM
QuoteCould have won by more

Jazes - the Stradbally boys would not seem to agree. I heard there were all sorts of shenanigans at the full time whistle with the Stradbally management going for the linesman and the ref. Linesman may have got a belt from a Stradbally selector.

There's the quote from Longford forum, judging by the report in the Leinster Express,  they might have some logic to be angry.

Shambolic refereeing alright. Their goal should've been a free out as a Stradbally player was fouled going down on the ball. The red card came directly after a late tackle on Liam Knowles had been waved away. And then later in the game, a Longford player was black carded for an identical tackle which Barney had been sent off for.

Unlaoised

Heard from a Cavan man who was at the game that the ref kicked for the home team in this one he said it was unreal how one sided he was.

He also added that the standard was poor and that the Longford crowd won't go far but its not good for the Laois county champions to be loosing to them.

Total neutral!
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Will BK bring a big crowd to Parnell Park on Sunday?

Big test for them and it would be great to see them get a win and target a Leinster Final. Sometimes the first shot at it is the one where anything can happen as they are in bonus territory.

It would be great for the hurling in the county if they coud make some progress in Leinster.

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

Quote from: redsetanta on November 04, 2016, 09:38:30 AM
Will BK bring a big crowd to Parnell Park on Sunday?

Big test for them and it would be great to see them get a win and target a Leinster Final. Sometimes the first shot at it is the one where anything can happen as they are in bonus territory.

It would be great for the hurling in the county if they coud make some progress in Leinster.

Love to think they can but they are up against a pro outfit in Cula...

Ken Hogan might just bring something to the table that most Laois teams wouldn't have when they come out of Laois...

Hear's hoping I'm going to travel up I hear they have 2 52 seaters filled from Kellys bar and that was last monday!
LAOIS ABÚ

The Rover

Good win for Rosenallis in Westmeath Today, will now play the Offaly (Bracknagh) champions in the Leinster final. BTW Bracknagh were strong favorites to win the Leinster title at the start of the Championship, but Rosenallis will be think different and will take some beating.

Helix

Castletown were beaten 1.15 to 1.12. Good win for Wicklow champions Bray Emmets.
O'Dempseys lost 11 points to 9 against Round Towers of Kildare town
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

merman

Best of luck to Borris/Kilcotton up in Parnell Park tomorrow.

I'd give them every chance. They are arguably playing at a higher level than Clough/Ballacolla last year and they really should have beaten Oulart who in turn defeated Cuala.
I know it never works as simply as that but they have a good strong team, experienced management and hopefully have the celebrations out of their systems.

Cuala are a powerful outfit but I'm hopeful that BK can make a real impact in Leinster this year.

BK by 3.

BallyroanAbu

Well Laois football may be down but not all that far.  Well done to Rosenallis and unlucky to O Dempsey who kicked themselves out of Leinster.   BorrisKilcotton if they show them true selves will give Cuala a good game. 

redsetanta

Going to head to Parnell tomorrow. Hope you're right merman.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Tintin84

That team Rosenallis played yesterday Castletown\Finea\Coole\Whitehall they were sthong favourites to win leinster they were senior club in 2013 and expected to steam roll over Rosenallis yesterday, Bracknagh will probably feel the same coming into final Going to be a great game. Great efforts been put into Rosenallis it seems. Great year in all fronts. Is there award for club of the year?

Keyser Söze

Would have expected both O' Dempseys and particulary Castletown to go better than that?

Fantastic for Rosenallis. Good on them. I'm not going to rehash what I said elsewhere here a few weeks ago- but they have turned themselves from nothing into a great club.
10 years ago they had appalling facilities and a handful of "past-it" former greats and nothing else.
Serious strides and well done!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

BallyroanAbu

Totally agree with Keyser, Rosenallis are doing fantastic work on all fronts.

Ballyroan Abbey

Has there been an increase in population in rosenallis over the last few years or have they just had the same numbers as always in the village but just got more young lads playing, i know that they have great coaching but they went from scraping a team with clonaslee underage to having their own teams in A competitions, just a query nothing else

burdizzo

I think the expense of getting the pitch done up meant it was absolutely necessary to get whole community to buy into it the club. I remember seeing a few years ago - around they time they started the pitch - that Rosenalis had the biggest club membership in the county. I think it was somewhat a case of HAVING to get the people in and contributing, and I suppose the success they're having now is a knock-on from that.