Who would want to be Laois manager?

Started by beano, June 24, 2015, 12:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monument Road

We should know pretty soon....the all ireland hurling is over :o :o :o :-*

Unison

In my opinion Jason Ryan would be a good appointment. I believe he is a lot better than his results with Kildare might suggest.

south Laois

I would agree with Unison. I'd be happy to have Jason Ryan with Joe Higgins as a selector.

From the Terrace

jason ryan = TOF. Dont see any difference. Joe Higgins or Chris Conway or Mick Lillis or a combination of them in a management team imo

GAA-SMART

Just seen Ryan is taking over a club in Wexford for the championship..

The Melancholy Sloth

If we were to go for an outside candidate my personal choice would be Donie Buckley, but I did hear yesterday that he was in talks with the Tipperary footballers. If we were to go internal I think we should look at someone who could oversee a complete overhaul of the footballing structures from U-10 upwards. This senior team is going no where, if we want to be a successful footballing county we need to build from the ground up. Donie Buckley would be the ideal candidate to oversee that in my opinion but if we are looking at an internal candidate then it should be someone young and hungry and while I dont think Higgins has done anything of note really at club level he has shown to have a good football brain and a desire hunger to succeed. Maybe with a more experienced head at his side.

south Laois

Is there any end in sight in the search for our new manager? It seems to be gone very quiet. Besides a new manager, we need a overhaul of our development squads. The county board should be begging Sean Dempsey to come back too  oversee our setup from u10 up.

Tony

There's a rumour about Mick Sheehy . .

south Laois

Maybe that's why everything is gone quite Tony. If it's true about Sheehy they couldn't announce it till after the All Ireland as he's involved with the Kerry backroom team. Surely an appointment like that would cost serious money!!! Maybe Roman is sick of Chelsea and Mourinhos antics!!!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Would be a good appointment and I think it would generate a lot of interest among players to get involved with the county team.
If he had been in O'Moore park tonight he would have enjoyed what was on offer, a very good and passionate game with a real championship feel about it and some very skilful football on view.
We are always knocking referee's lately but fair play to Brendan McCann tonight, he did a very good job on it.
Killeen won it by five points but Graigue were in it right till the last five minutes when they conceded a soft goal, the ball was won by a graigue defender but slipped from his hands and into the net.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Gmac

I like Mike sheehy but if you are going in that direction why not go for jack o Connor should be done with Kerry minors after Sunday and maybe would like to prove himself outside of Kerry

rrhf

south Laois

Outside of Kerry of course, we must be the county who have had the most amount of Kerry men over our senior team. If it is to be Mickey Sheehy I hope Joe Higgins, Padraig Clancy or Chris Conway have a role in the backroom team.

Keyser Söze

This seems difficult to believe.......
He doesn't strike me as a man craving the main job in Kerry. Why would he want the hassle associated with the main role 200 miles away.
I cannot see this happening, and doubt there is any truth in it.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Tony

I heard it from a reliable source...who heard it from an even more reliable source....who heard it from an auld lad getting a pint in coppers.