Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

onefineday

Quote from: gallsman on February 03, 2023, 10:30:07 PM
Quote from: Franko on February 03, 2023, 08:36:48 PM
Kilmacud get to keep their cup

With a sizeable enough asterisk beside it. I'm sure in time it will be forgotten about but it'll definitely be tarnished I'm the eyes of many for years to come.

KC have to ask themselves serious questions around this whole season. From the moment their football committee sanctioned the short term signing of one of the games marquee forwards, they were putting a spotlight on themselves. I'd certainly question why a club with 5,000 members and a catchment area of probably 100,000 would feel the need to take a decision that ultimately denied a homegrown player who'd been with them since academy days a chance to win an all Ireland club. What message does that send to the kids in the underage ranks?
As a club they're a shining example, I appreciate that the population they serve isn't their fault and it's to their credit that they provide playing opportunities for the thousands of kids that currently do, but their senior football management and committee really should take a look at their approach and see if it was in keeping with the wishes of their membership and community.

LC

Hoof Hearted

I actually don't think the ref can be blamed too much
He must've have done ok as I never noticed him during the game, which is always a good sign. I was at the game, a good bit away from the pen incident, which wasn't replayed in the stadium, but having seen it since I think the ref got it right.
Not his job to make sure everyone is off, that's why you have linesmen and 4th officials
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on February 04, 2023, 09:45:15 AM
I actually don't think the ref can be blamed too much
He must've have done ok as I never noticed him during the game, which is always a good sign. I was at the game, a good bit away from the pen incident, which wasn't replayed in the stadium, but having seen it since I think the ref got it right.
Not his job to make sure everyone is off, that's why you have linesmen and 4th officials

No issue with the ref from my point if view but the foul was committed outside the box HH. In real time very difficult for the ref to spot that so again no real issue.

fearsiuil

Quote from: onefineday on February 04, 2023, 09:32:49 AM
Quote from: gallsman on February 03, 2023, 10:30:07 PM
Quote from: Franko on February 03, 2023, 08:36:48 PM
Kilmacud get to keep their cup

With a sizeable enough asterisk beside it. I'm sure in time it will be forgotten about but it'll definitely be tarnished I'm the eyes of many for years to come.

KC have to ask themselves serious questions around this whole season. From the moment their football committee sanctioned the short term signing of one of the games marquee forwards, they were putting a spotlight on themselves. I'd certainly question why a club with 5,000 members and a catchment area of probably 100,000 would feel the need to take a decision that ultimately denied a homegrown player who'd been with them since academy days a chance to win an all Ireland club. What message does that send to the kids in the underage ranks?
As a club they're a shining example, I appreciate that the population they serve isn't their fault and it's to their credit that they provide playing opportunities for the thousands of kids that currently do, but their senior football management and committee really should take a look at their approach and see if it was in keeping with the wishes of their membership and community.
Agree with this plus Crokes silence since the day speaks volumes IMO. Robbie Brennan usually has plenty to say in the media but the club also has circled the wagons. Brilliant club but this whole saga stains their reputation a bit unfortunately. Glen ran out of road when Crokes counter objected and refused to take part in a replay. Must leave a real incomplete feeling to the Derry champion's season.

quit yo jibbajabba

I was in full support of Glen and think what theyve done has earned much respect. But now i see Ewan MacKenna says similar so now im not so sure 😉😃

seafoid

KC have to go through with the appeal.
I can understand why Wattys pulled out but the timing wasn't great.

RedHand88

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on February 03, 2023, 10:35:22 PM
Dublin's AI in '95 was never tarnished and nor will this be.

Well done to Glen. I'm not exactly sure what you achieved but people talked about you for a wee while longer so that's a win.

Objection your honour!

seafoid

Dublin's 95 win was pre social meeja. Plus it is remembered In the Logan household, if not across Tyrone.

Kilmacud have tarnished their name and it will be remembered. 

Wattys pulling out is not happy ever after.

PadraicHenryPearse

You and a few others on here and social media are tarnishing their name. They did very little wrong. Had the ref  and 4th official done what they did with every other substitution there would be no issue at all...

Look-Up!

I think Glen played a blinder here. The GAA should have owned the issue here from the start, a prompt replay probably being the right decision.
But they dragged their heels, hoping it would go away. Glen objected on point of principle, got the ball rolling, replay ordered as expected, KC object as expected and Glen walk away and let them sort it out amongst themselves.

Will GAA follow through now? If they don't they look even weaker. If they do it shows up the whole sorry episode to be even more of a farce than it is.

quit yo jibbajabba

Pretty much agree with all that Look-Up

seafoid

The GAA can either have the current appeals system ot the split season. They can't have both.

If the GAA had a fit for purpose appeals system perhaps Wattys would not have bailed out. Perhaps KC would have been exposed. Perhaps the rules would have been defended. Perhaps the title would be credible.

RedHand88

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 04, 2023, 01:05:15 PM
You and a few others on here and social media are tarnishing their name. They did very little wrong. Had the ref  and 4th official done what they did with every other substitution there would be no issue at all...

They countered the Glen objection despite every man and his dog seeing they had 17 on the pitch.
They haven't covered themselves in glory.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 04, 2023, 02:03:34 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 04, 2023, 01:05:15 PM

They countered the Glen objection despite every man and his dog seeing they had 17 on the pitch.
They haven't covered themselves in glory.

They had 17 on the pitch because the ref started the game and 4th official didn't ensure the players had left the field.  There is no fair outcome in this scenario, the rule needs to be changed and the refs and 4th officials need to ensure they don't make mistakes of this magnitude again.  KC should not be punished with a replay for something the refs did wrong.