The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

The only way to stop players shouting at officials is to red card them, will automatically stop it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Orior

Quote from: trailer on April 10, 2023, 10:13:44 PM
Robertson seems like a dose. Lino was right.

There is a fine line between passion and agression.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

snoopdog

I follow utd. I'd love to see an official give Bruno an elbow to the face to shut him the fcuk up. These guys shouldn't have to take abuse from players. Granted they shouldn't strike out but they should be protected against the crap players give them.

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2023, 09:40:47 PM
The only way to stop players shouting at officials is to red card them, will automatically stop it

He wasn't shouting though. He was complaining. I dont want to follow an overly sanitised sport where yapping about decisions automatically removes you from the field of play.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 10, 2023, 11:52:58 PM

He wasn't shouting though. He was complaining. I dont want to follow an overly sanitised sport where yapping about decisions automatically removes you from the field of play.

If you prefer players circling around the ref at all the decisions he makes, then fine, personally I wouldn't be standing for it, not sure how that is sanitising the sport, more like removing disrespectful idiots. It's not passion
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

fearsiuil

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 11, 2023, 09:26:01 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 10, 2023, 11:52:58 PM

If you prefer players circling around the ref at all the decisions he makes, then fine, personally I wouldn't be standing for it, not sure how that is sanitising the sport, more like removing disrespectful idiots. It's not passion
Needs to start at managers harassing 4th officials, hard to stop players when allegedly reasonable citizens see it as alright to badger and intimidate someone doing their job to gain an advantage. Them 4th officials must have no self respect at all!

supersub

The assistant referee elbowed Andy Robertson in the face. The pictures clearly show it. The 'alleged' rhetoric spouted by Sky etc is of course following PC policy. But it shouldn't cloud the fact that it is a strike by the official.

By the same token Robertson did put his hand on the official's back which he shouldn't have. I think the intent/force/nature of hand on back v elbow to face has a stark contrast. Put it the other way round, if a referee or assistant referee for some reason out their hand on a player, and the player elbowed him back, there would be uproar.

All this bravado of 'he deserved it' is something you would hear in the playground. You simply cannot do it. I'd expect some sort of repercussion for Robertson, but something a lot more severe for the official. Out of order.

trailer

Robertson sums Loserpool up. Absolute whingefest. Him and Flopp always yapping. Slippy Gerard was the exact same.

J70

Looks like FSG have pulled the plug on any further pursuit of Bellingham. Probably for the best given the finances, especially with no Champions League next season, and the wider needs of the squad. At least three midfielders needed and probably a centre back and another forward.

gawa316

johnnycool

Quote from: J70 on April 12, 2023, 12:43:24 AM
Looks like FSG have pulled the plug on any further pursuit of Bellingham. Probably for the best given the finances, especially with no Champions League next season, and the wider needs of the squad. At least three midfielders needed and probably a centre back and another forward.

Surely they could have held onto the money the splurged on Gakpo for Bellingham, no?

As for Robertson, he's a baby, a big baby.  ;D

Orior

I can't understand why they didnt go for Bellingham.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Armamike

Never really believed they would go for Bellingham.  Too much money for FSG's liking.  They'd better recruit well this summer though. >:(
That's just, like your opinion man.

seafoid

Quote from: Orior on April 12, 2023, 08:11:43 PM
I can't understand why they didnt go for Bellingham.
World record for a 17 year old. Worth 120m age 19. That's Real Madrid pricing. Plus he might get injured
https://www.transfermarkt.com/jude-bellingham/marktwertverlauf/spieler/581678

Salah is more like the Liverpool model. They bought him for 40m and captured the premium afterwards.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/mohamed-salah/marktwertverlauf/spieler/148455
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU