Terror attack in London

Started by Farrandeelin, March 22, 2017, 05:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on March 22, 2017, 09:28:27 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 22, 2017, 07:13:21 PM
Those "known Islamic" c***ts should all be sent packing to either a country more suited to their ideology or to Paradise with a bullet in the back of the head.

I hope this is satire.
Just because you know someone is Islamic, doesn't mean you should shoot them in the head.

RIP to the four people that lost their lives.

I am assuming he means the Islamic c***ts that are doing damage and not all Muslims.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: stew on March 22, 2017, 09:33:51 PM
Those "known Islamic" c***ts should all be sent packing to either a country more suited to their ideology or to Paradise with a bullet in the back of the head.

I hope this is satire.
Just because you know someone is Islamic, doesn't mean you should shoot them in the head.

I am assuming he means the Islamic c***ts that are doing damage and not all Muslims.
Poor spelling on my part. Exchange for "islamist". Sentiment remains.

Tubberman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 22, 2017, 09:38:10 PM

I hope this is satire.

Just as well they didn't take that approach with Irish people when IRA were killing many more.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

stew

Quote from: Tubberman on March 22, 2017, 10:44:44 PM

I hope this is satire.

Just as well they didn't take that approach with Irish people when IRA were killing many more.

These bastards are only getting warmed up, watch this space, be careful what you wish for and not one IRA man tried to drive over kids with a car or lop off a pastors head.

But then again, maybe not, they are the JV squad after all!  :o
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

screenexile

Just what we need ... more scaremongering from the Foxnews crew... I'll bet this was top story there all day ignoring the dozens of a Americans killed by guns at the same time!

That was a horrible ordeal in London today and my heart goes out to the families who have suffered a terrible and senseless loss!!

Hardy

Quote from: screenexile on March 22, 2017, 11:17:45 PM
Just what we need ... more scaremongering from the Foxnews crew... I'll bet this was top story there all day ignoring the dozens of a Americans killed by guns at the same time!

That was a horrible ordeal in London today and my heart goes out to the families who have suffered a terrible and senseless loss!!

Fewer than ten people have died in Britain in "terrorist" attacks in ten years. In the same period over 21,000 have died on the roads. But commentators seem unable or unwilling to accommodate the conclusion that the threat to the individual from politically motivated attacks is 1/2000th of the threat from motor cars. On the contrary, the news media collaborate with the deranged lunatics who carry out these attacks, and with the deranged right-wing nutcases who will feed their xenophobia on this news, by providing them with the achievement of their objective. Non-stop coverage on the BBC throughout the afternoon. Extended news programmes. Hours of coverage again tonight.

In a mediascape with a sense of perspective, wouldn't the ten o'clock news have been, "Five people died today when a man attacked passers-by and police in Westminster. Five people died today in road accidents across Britain. And in sport ..."? Of course I'd still not expect any coverage of the murder of expendable foreign civilians in drone attacks etc.

trileacman

Quote from: Hardy on March 22, 2017, 11:43:40 PM

Fewer than ten people have died in Britain in "terrorist" attacks in ten years. In the same period over 21,000 have died on the roads. But commentators seem unable or unwilling to accommodate the conclusion that the threat to the individual from politically motivated attacks is 1/2000th that of the threat from motor cars. On the contrary the news media collaborate with the deranged lunatics who carry out these attacks, and with the deranged right-wing nutcases who will feed their xenophobia on this news, by providing them with the achievement of their objective. Non-stop coverage on the BBC throughout the afternoon. Extended news programmes. Hours of coverage again tonight.

In a mediascape with a sense of perspective, wouldn't the ten o'clock news have been "Five people died today when a man attacked passers-by and police in Westminster. Five people died today in road accidents across Britain. And in sport ..." Of course I'd still not expect any coverage of the murder of expendable foreign civilians in drone attacks etc.

That's the world Hardy. It's not going to change or begin acting rationally anytime soon, maybe it never will.

The real question is now that you've realised the ignorance and stupidity of modern society how do you effectively drown it out so it doesn't drive you mad? That's the bit I'm struggling with at the minute.

Or maybe I've just gone mad.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

AZOffaly

Ignore it, and watch the sports channels instead. Most importantly don't read or listen to opinion pieces, especially those you agree with.

sid waddell

Fewer than ten people have died in Britain in "terrorist" attacks in ten years. In the same period over 21,000 have died on the roads. But commentators seem unable or unwilling to accommodate the conclusion that the threat to the individual from politically motivated attacks is 1/2000th that of the threat from motor cars. On the contrary the news media collaborate with the deranged lunatics who carry out these attacks, and with the deranged right-wing nutcases who will feed their xenophobia on this news, by providing them with the achievement of their objective. Non-stop coverage on the BBC throughout the afternoon. Extended news programmes. Hours of coverage again tonight.

In a mediascape with a sense of perspective, wouldn't the ten o'clock news have been "Five people died today when a man attacked passers-by and police in Westminster. Five people died today in road accidents across Britain. And in sport ..." Of course I'd still not expect any coverage of the murder of expendable foreign civilians in drone attacks etc.

I will never, ever again travel in a car after reading that.

Frankly, anybody who travels in a car is nuts. 

In fact, I'm never going to leave the house again, as even if I don't travel in a car and choose to walk or take public transport, I could still be hit by one.

The risk to my life just isn't worth it.

But that leaves me with the risk of electrocution, carbon monoxide poisoning, dying in a fire, falling down the stairs, starvation, and any amount of other risks to my life.

I just don't know what to do!

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Many people are not good at maths . They don't put things in context. . You are far more likely to die of MRSA infection in a local hospital. But that doesn't suit political framing. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnneycool

Quote from: stew on March 22, 2017, 11:05:07 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on March 22, 2017, 10:44:44 PM

I hope this is satire.

These b**tards are only getting warmed up, watch this space, be careful what you wish for and not one IRA man tried to drive over kids with a car or lop off a pastors head.

But then again, maybe not, they are the JV squad after all!  :o

But is it OK for the likes of Obama, May and Co to send drones over to Syria, Afghanistan and kill indiscriminately their fellow Muslim brothers?

This lad may have been a nut job alright, but ask yourself how easy would it have been to radicalise him for the deeds done on fellow Muslims by the bastions of world peace here in the West?

I don't buy this argument that these extremists just don't like the opulent Western lifestyle and things like this don't happen in a vacuum.

seafoid

https://www.ft.com/content/a9cf69ac-0f87-11e7-a88c-50ba212dce4d

the principal message from parliamentarians is expected to be one of defiance and an insistence that Britain's democracy will not be disrupted.Mrs May insisted "the forces of evil" would never be allowed "to drive us apart" as she addressed the country from outside Number 10 on Wednesday night.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Taylor

This event suits the current media agenda and will ensure the scaremongering continues.

macdanger2

Ah ffs lads, how are going to ratchet up "defence" spending with that sort of attitude. F*cking bleeding heart snowflakes