Croke Park Walkway

Started by gerrykeegan, May 14, 2010, 11:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

€100 yoyos to see the sights of Dublin, anyone think that a bit steep!

THE GAA is to offer rooftop walking tours of Dublin's Croke Park from early next year which will offer visitors panoramic views over the capital.

A walkway will be built on the roof of the stadium and tours will be offered from next January, costing in the region of €100.

Based on the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb, the walkway will be 35 metres above ground.

It will give visitors a bird's eye view of the capital, with uninterrupted 360 degree views of Dublin Bay, the mountains, the Spire on O'Connell Street, the Obelisk in the Phoenix Park and Liberty Hall.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

under the bar

100 Euros for a birdseye view of the cesspits of Ballybough & Drumcondra?  Might prove a tad disappointing for the paying tourists!

Orior

How much does it cost to do the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

SLIGONIAN

Was thinking the same myself under the bar, the train from Sligo to Dublin goes past Croke park about 15-20 metres high and its an ugly enough view.

Sydney harbour bridge, is way higher, and over the bay, with i say some spectacular views.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Hardy

Quote from: Orior on May 14, 2010, 12:35:16 PM

The guts of a grand, with fares, accommodation, grub ...

gerrykeegan

Standard Rates
Rates valid from 1 July 2009 until 30 June 2010 (excluding peak period) 
Day Night Twilight Exclusive Dawn
Monday - Sunday Monday - Sunday Monday - Sunday First Saturday of each Month
Adult $198 $188 $258 $295
Child $128 $118 $188 $195

Peak Period Rates
Rates valid from 27 December 2009 until 2 January 2010 
Day Night Twilight Exclusive Dawn
Monday - Sunday Monday - Sunday Monday - Sunday 
Adult $220 $220 $270 $295
Child $140 $140 $195 $195

Sydney harbour bridge climb
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

SLIGONIAN

Them prices are steep enough...

I was just think there, Croke park walkway, during matches to watch a game would be some view... :D... it will be probably closed 350 days a year with the winds and rain aswell.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ziggysego

It better be wheelchair friendly, that's all I'm saying!
Testing Accessibility

ballinaman

Quote from: Orior on May 14, 2010, 12:35:16 PM
200 oz dollars....

The Real Laoislad

The best view of Dublin is the one in your rear view mirror as you drive out of the kip
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Orior

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 14, 2010, 02:00:11 PM
The best view of Dublin is the one in your rear view mirror as you drive out of the kip

lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

thejuice

Hmmm, in comparison to that, you can get a great view of the city from the Guinness storehouse, your sheltered from the elements and a free pint of the black stuff as well. And its no-where near €100.

That said, the rest of the guiness storehouse tour would bore you to tears, except for the barrell making and the waterfall.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Celt_Man

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 14, 2010, 02:00:11 PM

Have to disagree with ya there... I saw some beautiful views up the road in Quinn's several times...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010