Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ard mhaca abu

never thought of it like that still optional who to play at full forward! though more than likely gonna be a big target man for mcdonald to play off!

full back

What about Duffy?
Must be in with a shout?

winsamsoon

Abu you are confusing someone being " afraid to shoot" with someone who can't shoot. Maybe this is why he is afraid because he knows he can't.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

ard mhaca abu

well why play him at full-forward then..surely there is other players on the panal who could be used as target men who can shoot!

Sandy Hill

QuoteJoe doesn't have to talk directly to him... he can just call the team out
Am I right in assuming that there's currently bad vibes between Geezer and Joe Kernan?
I think you've outlined our possible Championship line-out and I think it's fair enough except that I would prefer Hearty to McKinney and I can't see Loughran making any impact in any position in the heat of the summer games. P Duffy is fit again and must, as fullback says, be very much in the reckoning. Bellew is definitely out , and probably for the whole Championship. Is it time to go knocking on the doors of T McEntee and or A O'Rourke. You win games with your best team, not with the team of players the manager gets on with!
"Stercus accidit"

naka

Bellew is out for the championship, think it is time for Joe to bury the hatchet with the Macs and geezer, Tony to play full back against donegal and john on the 40 against donegal,
Unfortunately I think stephen will be playing on the 40 with marsden on the square.

Armamike

To be fair to him that was his first outing at ff. I thought he did just about ok and worth another try in training at least.  I have grave doubts about Philly though. A fella of his size should be dominating in the air.

Disagree with you about Vernon.  I think the u21 management have found his best position - wing forward.  His strength is breaking forward and opening things up. I would give him the license to get onto the ball round the middle and break forward.  Both himself and Kernan on the same flank would leave us seriously exposed though imo - neither of them are defensively strong.

Going by the Kerry game last August, Armagh can't afford to have Kernan and Duffy in the same half back line.  Their lack of strength and power was exposed badly in that game.

Uladh - you think Kernan will bring the Paul lad in for Bellew?  Nothing against the lad but he's only a rookie.  He couldn't handle his marker in the u21 game and only got a bit of relief in the second half when Armagh started to boss around the middle.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Spiritof98

A fit Duffy has to be a cert, he is the best half back in the county and in the coming years will prove himself to be one of the best in the country. There seems to be quite a bit of cloak and dagger regarding this Armagh team,
I'll go back if Marsdens back

full back

Quote from: naka on April 24, 2007, 03:41:00 PM
think it is time for Joe to bury the hatchet with the Macs and geezer

I was almost sure the Mac's retired

ard mhaca abu

QuoteUnfortunately I think stephen will be playing on the 40 with marsden on the square.

its lookin good for the back door then..

Sandy Hill

QuoteThere seems to be quite a bit of cloak and dagger regarding this Armagh team,

In what sense?
"Stercus accidit"

Tir na nÓg

Does anyone know when the new armagh jersey will be out? Ive heard all kinds of dates and was just wondering if anyone has heard anything bout it?

brokencrossbar1

I think you are close to the mark there uladh with a few changes.  I reckon Paul will be in goals.  I have seen nothing from McKinney to suggest that overall he is a better option.

You might find that Vernon and O'Rourke swap wings, with MOR on doing the covering role for AK as he goes forward.  

I haven't seen Loughran at FF.  It is hard to imagine how effective he might be.  He is tall but not very aggressive, unlike Donaghy.  He is not quick or clever like Clarke is.  If he can get his confidence he could be effective as a target man.  If it works, when Clarke comes back he might be the better option at CHF with Marsden pushed out to the wing.

Sandy Hill

I'd worry less about the jersey and more about who's going to be in it!
"Stercus accidit"

lurganblue

would toner at full back be left to pick up McFadden or would Andy mallon be given that job?

i think geezer might be an option at full back. he might not have the legs for 70 mins on the 40 or around the middle but i'd say he'd be fit enough for full back.