Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Pearse Ógs 0-12 St Pat's 2-3

Congratulations to the Ógs. Game hinged on a harsh sending off on Kevin Toner 10 minutes into the second half. The challenge was a bit reckless and late but wasn't dangerous and I thought it was a very harsh decision to send Kevin off. Pearse Ógs took control of the game from that point and derserved their victory. We went 1-3 to 0-2 ahead with 5 minutes to go in the first half after a superb chipped goal from Kyle McEvoy but only scored once again in the match which was never likely to be good enough. Pearse Ógs utilised the extra man well to ensure we didn't get for a third goal.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 09, 2009, 09:06:52 PM

Congratulations to the Ógs. Game hinged on a harsh sending off on Kevin Toner 10 minutes into the second half. The challenge was a bit reckless and late but wasn't dangerous and I thought it was a very harsh decision to send Kevin off. Pearse Ógs took control of the game from that point and derserved their victory. We went 1-3 to 0-2 ahead with 5 minutes to go in the first half after a superb chipped goal from Kyle McEvoy but only scored once again in the match which was never likely to be good enough. Pearse Ógs utilised the extra man well to ensure we didn't get for a third goal.

He deserved the line without a doubt after he done two of our lads in quick succession after the ball had moved on. 

It was an entertaining game all the same

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 09, 2009, 09:10:02 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 09, 2009, 09:06:52 PM

He deserved the line without a doubt after he done two of our lads in quick succession after the ball had moved on. 

It was an entertaining game all the same

He jumped to block the ball and his momentum took him shoulder first into the fella who had kicked ball. Nobody was "done", face clutching notwithstanding. It was a yellow card offence at worst.

el_cuervo_fc

Aye he shouldered him in the face in a late tackle, and what about the other fella?

winsamsoon

Well at least now St Pat's have moved on from spitting in peoples faces, Now they are just shouldering in the face. Just that little step up the ladder.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: winsamsoon on August 09, 2009, 10:25:39 PM
Well at least now St Pat's have moved on from spitting in peoples faces, Now they are just shouldering in the face. Just that little step up the ladder.

Maybe some day Clan na Gael will move on from crying ont he internet about things that probably never happened.

Maybe.

back off the net

glad to see the bridge beat today in cullyhanna. Burns making a come back is a big step backwards for the bridge what is he thinking off coming back he is finshed and looks out off place.Well done to newtown hope yous go far but would need to step it up another gear

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: nutsy--1 on August 09, 2009, 10:30:07 AM
was at the two championship games yesterday, a different quality in the two matches, Cullaville will have the favourites tag for the championship. Number 14 for sarsfields had a great game won every ball put near him and took a few scores and cullaville number 17 done well coming on.

Lad was on the county panel for the McKenna cup - McGaughey - he was terrible in the 1st half...

full back

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on August 10, 2009, 08:13:28 AM
Quote from: nutsy--1 on August 09, 2009, 10:30:07 AM
was at the two championship games yesterday, a different quality in the two matches, Cullaville will have the favourites tag for the championship. Number 14 for sarsfields had a great game won every ball put near him and took a few scores and cullaville number 17 done well coming on.

Lad was on the county panel for the McKenna cup - McGaughey - he was terrible in the 1st half...

It wasnt just him that had a bad first half
If Sarsfields had played any in the first half they would have won
Two teams with similar tactics, get the ball & hit it as high as possible into the forward line
Overall the best team on the day probably won, considering their first half performance

Kentucky Blue

Did Lavery get suspended for maghery or was he playing yesterday??

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Kentucky Blue on August 10, 2009, 12:14:34 PM
Did Lavery get suspended for maghery or was he playing yesterday??
Suspended from what I hear

fitzroyalty

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 09, 2009, 10:55:10 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on August 09, 2009, 10:25:39 PM

Maybe some day Clan na Gael will move on from crying ont he internet about things that probably never happened.

Maybe.
maybe some day you will stop arguing a black crow's white and admit Cullyhanna are a shower of neanderthals

thewanderer

cross dont hold your breathe for the championship game, will be similar score against tir na og who have been poor in recent c/ship games. pity you didnt see ogs game which was very competitive when ogs should have won with both teams fielding strongly.

pearseog

come on TAC, harsh sending off! 
he shouldered ciaran trainor in the face and then as christy kane was running past he buried him. lad should get a heavy suspension.
this wasnt the only incident. later on another ogs player got a late shoulder in the face, lucky he didn't break his jaw. marty mcquilan came simply to hit people as well. lucky you ended the match with 14 never mind 15.

crossfire

Quote from: thewanderer on August 10, 2009, 02:31:12 PM
cross dont hold your breathe for the championship game, will be similar score against tir na og who have been poor in recent c/ship games. pity you didnt see ogs game which was very competitive when ogs should have won with both teams fielding strongly.

What are you on about.??