Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

It is silly really that a club can be so dominant that it has the league won before the middle of July and that is with half a team.  From what I can read of it too most of the games were won at a canter.  Can anyone tell me when was the last time, league or championship that a team in Armagh actually beat Cross?  Obviously they will not want to lose any games but with 5 left it is a great time for them to blend in more youngsters and give the Fra McNamee's as much game time as possible and keep the older legs fresher for the championship coming up.

Now with Armagh out when is the championship due to be started?  At least there wil be no issue of it running late like it has done in previous years.

qub la la la

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 11, 2009, 10:32:11 AM
Now with Armagh out when is the championship due to be started?  At least there wil be no issue of it running late like it has done in previous years.

championship is on 14th, 15th and 16th of august, then 5th,6th, 12th and 13th or September, semis are 25th and 26th and final 3 weeks after that.

Aghdavoyle

Decent game against cross last night between what were two very depleted teams. dromintee don't normally compete that well when down in numbers so that was encouraging. i think cross were missing paul kernan, aaron kernan, steven kernan, john murtagh, paul mckeown, jamie clarke and david McKenna - the last three came on in the second half. dromintee were missing martin o'rourke, aidan o'rourke, shane o'neill, oliver gaughran, shane carroll, miceal o'rourke and gareth o'neill - the last two are gone to the states and i'm assuming won't be back.

qub la la la

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on July 11, 2009, 10:57:44 AM

Decent game against cross last night between what were two very depleted teams. dromintee don't normally compete that well when down in numbers so that was encouraging. i think cross were missing paul kernan, aaron kernan, steven kernan, john murtagh, paul mckeown, jamie clarke and david McKenna - the last three came on in the second half. dromintee were missing martin o'rourke, aidan o'rourke, shane o'neill, oliver gaughran, shane carroll, miceal o'rourke and gareth o'neill - the last two are gone to the states and i'm assuming won't be back.

how come these boys weren't playin? (other than the two thats went to america)

Aghdavoyle

pintsofguinness

Clann Eireann beat the 'bridge.  4or 5 points in it.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

charlie stubbs

Quote from: fitzroyalty on July 10, 2009, 10:14:08 PM
Killeavy 4-11 Clan na Gael 6-11  ;D ;D ;D

Great match. Clans travelled down with only about 18/19 of a panel, which makes the victory all the more sweeter. Killeavy dominated early on and at one stage led by 7. Must have been great for the neutrals, 10 goal thriller, Clans opening the goalfest after about ten mins. Killeavy however went straight up and scored one of their own to open up the gulf to 7 between the teams. Clans fought back and pegged it back to 3 points going into the break.

Second half was more or less all Clans, although at the beginning the teams traded goals, it could have went either way. Clans showed great determination however and ran the Killeavy full back line ragged. Once Clans got the 5th goal Killeavy heads dropped, and the blues finished strongly to win by 6. Great team performance.

N.B. Stefan Campbell, still a minor lorded something like 3-04/3-05 of the Clans' total. Armagh minor management should be begging him to join.

fitzroyalty you must have been playing in the clans defence  ;D

saw that lad a few times good player, but heard his attitude at minor trials left alot to be desired.  hear say obviously and should be taken with a pinch of salt, but though armagh minors have an abundance of talent def think there room for that ladon panel. 

bennydorano

The country is littered with talented boys with poor attitudes, it's the attitude that makes the difference.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: bennydorano on July 11, 2009, 11:46:47 AM
The country is littered with talented boys with poor attitudes, it's the attitude that makes the difference.

fair enough point, but from what i have saw of this lad and repoprts i have been hearing maybe he has a little bit more talent that most at his age.  3-4 or 3-5 in a division one game some scoring and think got 1-3 he cullaville the other week. 

though baker bradleys approach seems to be working for antrim and the armagh lads have done great so far so who am i to argue!

fitzroyalty

Quote from: charlie stubbs on July 11, 2009, 11:44:58 AM
fitzroyalty you must have been playing in the clans defence  ;D

saw that lad a few times good player, but heard his attitude at minor trials left alot to be desired.  hear say obviously and should be taken with a pinch of salt, but though armagh minors have an abundance of talent def think there room for that ladon panel. 
Au contraur, causing trouble at the other end  ;)
I'll be first to admit his attitude in the past has been poor but as of late his form is too good to be ignored

Aghdavoyle

Did that campbell lad play against dromintee last week?

slievegullion

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on July 11, 2009, 10:57:44 AM

They will be back when the season in the states is over which should be late August/early september.

Aghdavoyle

nope - new york championship doesn't finish til end of september

slievegullion

Well they only have 60 day transfers.

Aghdavoyle

That only specifies how long it is before they can play with their home club again. they can play way longer than 60 days in usa - as long as they like this season