Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Quote from: bennydorano on June 01, 2009, 10:49:58 AM
Quote from: Onion Bag on June 01, 2009, 08:30:56 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 30, 2009, 10:28:37 AM
Nab beat Harps by 4, not an undeserving win but Harps can have plenty of gripes.  Jim Slevin as ref, in the first half particularly, was nothing short of disgraceful, directly responsible for about 1-3 of the Nab's scores (A ridiculous pen and 3 or 4 soft frees). We need to get our missing players back asap or our season is going to slip away from us.

Have to say the Nab are hard to watch, must have had 13 men inside their 50 for the whole of the 2nd half, seems to be working for them ok but.

Jim slevin was bad alright, but to say that he was responsible for 1-3 of nabs scores is ridiculous, it was def a peno, our guy was pulled down in the box.
It was a hauling match at the time, the corner forward had our CB by the jersey, a laughable penalty, doubtful it was even inside the box as well.  Jim Slevin was determined to give us f**k all and if that sounds like sour grapes i dont care.

Sour Grapes is exactly what it sounds like, it was actually our CHB that won the penalty, he was straight through and pulled to the ground, had the shoe been on the other foot, you would have been crying looking a penalty, I agree with you that Jim Slevin was bad, but he was bad for both sides
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

torres

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 01, 2009, 12:48:02 PM
Torres if you flick back a few pages to my post of the refs . This is a common thing (i wasn't at that match) but refs will always favour the teams that they live closer too (for obvious reasons) Someone will probably post now with an exception but in the whole they do.. The same happens our club when we play south Armagh teams with a south Armagh ref. It is wrong and the sysytem needs changed to stop frustration boiling over between players and officials.
the clanns no 2 got into a wrestling match with one of our players and while still on his knee,s he headbutted our player everyone up that side of the pitch myself included clearly seen it but not this ref who booked both players  :o , its no wonder frustration boils over among players and officals with such inept refferring yes it wrong and the system needs changed and referre,s need acessed but will it ever happen .

winsamsoon

never seen the incident but i was talking to the lad involved and he said he was punched first in the face and he has the face to prove it. (that is why he was on his knees) he then retaliated with a headbutt. Both players to the letter of the law, going on both version ie yours and his should have got the line. None of them did which only further highlights the need for change and refs being monitored.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 01, 2009, 05:50:47 PM
never seen the incident but i was talking to the lad involved and he said he was punched first in the face and he has the face to prove it. (that is why he was on his knees) he then retaliated with a headbutt. Both players to the letter of the law, going on both version ie yours and his should have got the line. None of them did which only further highlights the need for change and refs being monitored.

I think you's are talking about 2 different matches

IVEDECIDED

I was at the Clans Ogs game last Friday too and to be honest I thought it was a great game to watch. There may well have been players missing etc but with regards entertainment (which is what I watch Gaelic football for) it was an exiting club game with alot of good play and some very good scores. I especially enjoyed the Clans no. 6 getting his face busted open and busting the Ogs no. 12 open in return. Great! Fair play to the ref for letting them get on with it man v man. It was a match id like to watch every week - good hard football, two teams wanting to win and some fisty cuffs!

torres

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on June 01, 2009, 05:53:16 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on June 01, 2009, 05:50:47 PM

I think you's are talking about 2 different matches

yeah , i,m referring to an incident in the granemore v clann eirann game , maybe it was  me using the clann,s reference in my other post ,apoligies .

Our Nail Loney

Heard about the trouble myself, saw the war wounds from the Clans CHB on Saturday there, an unprovoked attack I am lead to believe

winsamsoon

Lets just say he gave as good as he got as JP Donnelly was busted clean open. But once again if you are going to throw digs then you should expect to get one back. That is what happened JP.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 01, 2009, 07:17:07 PM
Lets just say he gave as good as he got as JP Donnelly was busted clean open. But once again if you are going to throw digs then you should expect to get one back. That is what happened JP.

Donnelly is fond of the sly digs alright!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

torres

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 01, 2009, 07:25:08 PM

the fella in the granemore/ceirann [ moore ] is also fond of the odd dig as he was sent of against us last season , wonder was he the  player who was sent off v harps when they met earlier in the season .

winsamsoon

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 01, 2009, 07:25:08 PM

well he got all the digging he wanted with our fella.

fitzroyalty

Just to clarify lads and to save any confusion, please from now on only refer to Clan na Gael as "CLANS" and not Clann Eireann; as there is only one "Clans". Nobody even calls Clann Eireann "Clanns". ( Though do feel free to refer to them as tramps, shower of orange b*stards etc)

On both incidents, didn't see the one involving Clann Eireann but know that the player in question enjoys a bit of sly hitting, hit him back though and it should keep him quiet.

The Clans/Pearse Og incident was a case of an eye for an eye; don't give it out if you can't take it and I don't think there were any real complaints from either side as everything sort of cancelled out.

gaapunter

illdecide

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on June 01, 2009, 06:19:53 PM
who was clanns no 6

Why umgola do you know this guy??? I didn't see how it started but i seen it finishing and TBH i thought it was handbags stuff untill the 2 guys in question turned around and the Clans no6 eye was up like a bap and the Og's guy was opened like a tin of beans. Some fecking handbags stuff that... :D :D :D

And as someone already pointed out both sides accepted it and that was the end of it...one lad got hit, he hit back and the both lived happily ever after
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch