Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the scenic route

anyone any idea what time are the B games due for throw in this evening namely the bridge killeavy one
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

T O Hare

Quote from: Joxer on April 20, 2009, 06:23:15 PM
Kieran McKeever named new Armagh Captain

No suprise really

Thought Stevie or Clarke would have got it!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

anportmorforjfc

Wednesday 22 April
Mid Armagh 'B' League (7.00)
Ballyhegan v Ballymacnab (M McNicholl)
Harps v An Port Mor (J Slevin)
Tullysaran v Collegeland (K Gallogly)
Middletown v Madden (P Boylan)
Granemore v Ceide (P Rath)
Derrynoose v Pearse Og (N Martin)
North Armagh 'B' League (7.00)
St Peter's v Tir na nÓg (D McConville)
Eire Og v St Paul's (B McCormick)
Sarsfields v St Mary's (L McNeice)
Clann Eireann v Annaghmore (S Murray)
Maghery v Wolfe Tone (M Leonard)
South Armagh 'B' League (7.00)
Crossmaglen v Culloville (R Quigley)
Dromintee v Carrickcruppen (P Hughes)
Lissummon v Mullaghbawn (J Lynch)
Silverbridge v Killeavy (V O'Neill)
St Patrick's v Whitecross (S McKinley)

Our Nail Loney

Tbf should have picked a captain that won't get sent off and miss a pile of matches, disgracing the county in the process.

Only my opinion though.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on April 22, 2009, 01:36:07 PM
Wednesday 22 April
Mid Armagh 'B' League (7.00)
Ballyhegan v Ballymacnab (M McNicholl)
Harps v An Port Mor (J Slevin)
Tullysaran v Collegeland (K Gallogly)
Middletown v Madden (P Boylan)
Granemore v Ceide (P Rath)
Derrynoose v Pearse Og (N Martin)
North Armagh 'B' League (7.00)
St Peter's v Tir na nÓg (D McConville)
Eire Og v St Paul's (B McCormick)
Sarsfields v St Mary's (L McNeice)
Clann Eireann v Annaghmore (S Murray)
Maghery v Wolfe Tone (M Leonard)
South Armagh 'B' League (7.00)
Crossmaglen v Culloville (R Quigley)
Dromintee v Carrickcruppen (P Hughes)
Lissummon v Mullaghbawn (J Lynch)
Silverbridge v Killeavy (V O'Neill)
St Patrick's v Whitecross (S McKinley)

Examiner says the South Armagh matches are at 7 15pm. Not sure which is right.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 22, 2009, 01:53:53 PM
Tbf should have picked a captain that won't get sent off and miss a pile of matches, disgracing the county in the process.

Only my opinion though.

Remind me when Ciaran last got a red card for Armagh ONL?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 22, 2009, 01:56:50 PM

Only my opinion though.

Why do you not watch your county?? Should have had one against Monaghan anyway, was at that match... I suspect he gets let off with these incidents every match he plays, and it all gets brushed under the rug...

corn02

Only my opinion though.

McKeever did not recive a yellow card in last year's Championship.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: corn02 on April 22, 2009, 02:02:52 PM

Only my opinion though.

McKeever did not recive a yellow card in last year's Championship.

He said red, duhhhhhh.

And remember: its 'i' before 'e', except after 'c'

Silverbridge 2009

Hello All, Wait for it Bridge man going to defend A Cullyhanna man. I think Ciaran is the right man for the job he knows what it takes to captain a team to be successful. Evertime he steps out onto the pitch he gives his all and he is a very vocal presence on the Field, although i would not have much time for the lad on a personal level he is the right man for the job. His discipline will be under the microscope now more than ever i just hope he does not let us down
The Six W's: Work will win when wishing won't.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 22, 2009, 01:58:54 PM

Only my opinion though.

Why do you not watch your county?? Should have had one against Monaghan anyway, was at that match... I suspect he gets let off with these incidents every match he plays, and it all gets brushed under the rug...

So that's one incident whereyou think he might have been sent off but the referee disagreed, most spectators thought it was just a mis timed challenge and the Ulster Council even over-turned the yellow card itself. This is Ciaran's 5th year starting for Armagh and I can only remember one harsh sending off for pulling Peter Canavan's jersey (why its a yellow card to pull any else's jersey and a red to pull Canavan's is another story). What you suspect is neither here nor there. Yes Ciaran has had disciplinary issues in the past and was maybe lucky enough a couple of times not to be sent off but his discipline has hugely improved in the last couple of years. He's an All Ireland winning captain and a superb footballer who well deserves the honour of captaining his county.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 22, 2009, 02:11:39 PM

Only my opinion though.

So that's one incident whereyou think he might have been sent off but the referee disagreed, most spectators thought it was just a mis timed challenge and the Ulster Council even over-turned the yellow card itself. This is Ciaran's 5th year starting for Armagh and I can only remember one harsh sending off for pulling Peter Canavan's jersey (why its a yellow card to pull any else's jersey and a red to pull Canavan's is another story). What you suspect is neither here nor there. Yes Ciaran has had disciplinary issues in the past and was maybe lucky enough a couple of times not to be sent off but his discipline has hugely improved in the last couple of years. He's an All Ireland winning captain and a superb footballer who well deserves the honour of captaining his county.

How did he come by his reputation then may I ask?

Onion Bag

Only my opinion though.

Here Here Tacadoir,

Im a huge fan of Mc Keevers, he is only man for the job, he puts 100% into every, pass, tackle, shot, and im glad he was handed the captains armband, i would love to see him in CHB on the 31st
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

armagh leg-end

Quote from: Onion Bag on April 22, 2009, 03:06:32 PM

Only my opinion though.

Here Here Tacadoir,

Im a huge fan of Mc Keevers, he is only man for the job, he puts 100% into every, pass, tackle, shot, and im glad he was handed the captains armband, i would love to see him in CHB on the 31st

true true!  only man for the job!
Ard Mhacha Abu

pearseog

would actually rather have him in the full back line somewhere to mark the danger men of tyrone. along with andy he's one of the best man-markers we have