Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 13, 2008, 07:03:44 PM
Quotepog before you make cheat comments about Hearty, you should look at the referee in your own club
Nonsense, he's one of the best in the county.

I hear that Cross are refusing to play matches referred by Quigley and have already forfeited points in underage matches over this. Any of yis know the background to this?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

The Iceman

is the county final going to be broadcast online again this year? I think it was on TG3 or 4 last year with audio on Northern Sound for those who can't follow the native tongue.

Any ideas boys?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Real1995

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 13, 2008, 07:09:35 PM
I hear that Cross are refusing to play matches referred by Quigley and have already forfeited points in underage matches over this. Any of yis know the background to this?

As far as I know this is correct TAM, and from an incident earlier this season we have informed the south board / county board that we have followed suit
Nice guys always finish second!

ogshead

Been off the board for a while there... driving around the town tonight there and I see that they have started putting the Ogs Flags up again. The atmosphere feels a bit more subdued compared to the hype last year when facing the mighty Cross but I think this could be a more determined and quiet confidence. I'd be happy bettin on the Ogs at 7-2 but then again I'm biased. Was there odds there on a City double anyone?

back off the net

paudie is by far the worse ref in armagh a guy you can not talk to with out fighting with him he thinks he is above every one eles.

back off the net

i would just like to wish cullyhanna all the best for saturday it would be a great send off for there player ciaran mc keever if they were to win it.

twotwocharlie

send off for ciaran? 
is he leaving st pats

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

full back

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 13, 2008, 07:03:44 PM
Quotepog before you make cheat comments about Hearty, you should look at the referee in your own club
Nonsense, he's one of the best in the county.

:D
At least you still have a sense of humour pog

Harold Disgracey

I would nornally put Quigley down as the worst ref in the county but Hearty was an absolute disgrace on Sunday, it says something when your opponents reckon you were robbed! To add insult to injury he said after the game that he didn't realise it was an important game, we'll probably get hammered for our players crowding him after the game & shouting at him, yet he'll get away with shouting abuse at players, team officials, supporters, etc.

Whacker

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on October 14, 2008, 09:55:55 AM
I would nornally put Quigley down as the worst ref in the county but Hearty was an absolute disgrace on Sunday, it says something when your opponents reckon you were robbed! To add insult to injury he said after the game that he didn't realise it was an important game, we'll probably get hammered for our players crowding him after the game & shouting at him, yet he'll get away with shouting abuse at players, team officials, supporters, etc.

Nothing new there.. He is a right wee Hitler.  I think this was brought up at that special meeting with the Clubs and refs a couple of months ago and when someone said that referees have to be taking to account for performances and answering people back I dont think it went down too well with them!

Harold Disgracey

Should have added that ultimately it wasn't this match that cost us promotion, it was our performances in a few earlier games. Lest I be accused of sour grapes. Btw I was very impressed with Kieran Toner, he looks like an ideal replacement for McGrane.

full back

ARMAGH CLUB FIXTURES FOR W/E SUNDAY 19 OCTOBER 2008

Saturday 18 October

Intermediate Football Championship – Final (3.30)
Culloville v St Patrick's (Mickey Leonard) at Athletic Grounds
(Extra time, if required)

ACL – Division Two (5.00)
Wolfe Tone v Keady (Kevin Murtagh)

ACL – Division Four (2.00)
Middletown v Dorsey Emmett's (Henry McCloy)

Sunday 19 October

Senior Football Championship – Final (4.00)
Crossmaglen v Pearse Og (Rory Robinson) at Athletic Grounds

Minor Football Championship – Final (1.45)
Crossmaglen v Harps (Eamon Nugent) at Athletic Grounds

Why is there extra time fixed for the Intermediate Final, but not for the Senior Final ???
If it goes to a replay Aaron Kernan will have to chose between it & the International Rules

bubbles

As far as im aware one of the ogs boys is getting married the friday after the final and so i dont think that they would want a replay either.

Count down is on. should be a good game. hope the weather is better than it is today!!